Questions on trunk floor repair

Old September 4th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Photoshop God

Questions on trunk floor repair

I've got some questions about fixing my trunk. I think we need to replace the outer sections of the floor with the braces underneath.

I'm planning on having someone do the final body and paint but we want to do as much as we can. I suspect the quarters will need to be replaced. I don't know what all else. There is rust/hole where the wheel well meets the trunk, it's a convertible.

Is the factory floor one piece or three? Can someone give me a rundown of how you go about this? How do you get everything lined up in the right place, especially the brace underneath? Should we not weld the outside edges of the floor in case the drop of edge there needs to be replaced?

I appreciate any info or comments.

Thanks
Old September 4th, 2016, 06:59 PM

I just bought a full trunk floor from someone who cut it out of a parts car. Most aftermarket patches are in three pieces because to put it in whole you would have to cut out a quarter panel. I was lucky to find one that was whole. I need to replace the quarter anyway. You will need to decide based on your needs.
Old September 24th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Photoshop God

Originally Posted by Gary M
I just bought a full trunk floor from someone who cut it out of a parts car. Most aftermarket patches are in three pieces because to put it in whole you would have to cut out a quarter panel. I was lucky to find one that was whole. I need to replace the quarter anyway. You will need to decide based on your needs.
Thanks for the help. I didn't think about the one piece problem.
Old September 24th, 2016, 06:57 PM

I was told its best to replace the floor pan with the body on the frame. He told me a quarter would have to be cut because a full pan would not fit into the opening of the trunk.
Old September 24th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Photoshop God

Originally Posted by Gary M
I was told its best to replace the floor pan with the body on the frame. He told me a quarter would have to be cut because a full pan would not fit into the opening of the trunk.
thanks. Looks like a lot of work. I think I can get by with the outside pieces, I hope.
Old March 15th, 2017, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by DewChugr
I've got some questions about fixing my trunk. I think we need to replace the outer sections of the floor with the braces underneath.

I'm planning on having someone do the final body and paint but we want to do as much as we can. I suspect the quarters will need to be replaced. I don't know what all else. There is rust/hole where the wheel well meets the trunk, it's a convertible.

Is the factory floor one piece or three? Can someone give me a rundown of how you go about this? How do you get everything lined up in the right place, especially the brace underneath? Should we not weld the outside edges of the floor in case the drop of edge there needs to be replaced?

I appreciate any info or comments.

Thanks
bought my trunk floor as a 3 piece from summit racing great fit and stamping seems to be like oem