Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1966 Cutlass IMMACULATE !!

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2015, 05:51 AM

1966 Cutlass IMMACULATE !!

This is possibly the nicest 1966 Olds in Florida, maybe the country! I got this in trade for a 1968 Dodge pickup truck that I had, from a 70 year old retired ex drag racer. He had a truck just like the 68 Dodge when he had his speed shop when he was young, and they are extremely hard to find now in good shape. He owned this car for around three years, and took meticulous care of it, as the owners before him did, and it shows, you can tell this car was loved it's entire life! The car was ordered with the "Sports" center console, power brakes, steering, and air conditioning. The car is COMPLETELY RUST FREE! The paint is very nice, the interior is beautiful, with only a little carpet fade in a few spots, and a 3" rip in the right side of the headliner. The car has ICE COLD A/C, and everything works as it should except for the fuel gauge, I haven't had time to diagnose that yet. The car has the 330 cubic inch 320 horsepower V8, which is stock except for an Edelbrock 4 barrel carburetor. The transmission is a 2 speed "Jetaway" automatic, the car has awesome sounding dual exhaust with Magna Flow mufflers. You could literally eat off the underside of the floorboards of this car. The trunk has the original spare tire cover, and a factory trunk mat, even the door jambs and trunk jambs are pretty in this car! It also has LIKE NEW 15" Rally wheels, wrapped in redline tires, the same kind that came on the 442 Olds, and the rear bumper had a few blemishes, so he bought a new one and installed it. It is a four wheel drum power assist brakes car, and it stops like the day it was made, no pulling, no pulsing in the pedal, and the front end tracks straight down the road with no wandering, pulling, and there is no vibration anywhere! I could go on and on about this car, but you really have to see it, pictures don't do it justice! This car has a rebuilt title, the owner I got it from never did find out why, and he has never been able to find any major damage, I have been a mechanic,and body man for 40 years, and I can't find anything showing that it has ever been damaged, it's possible that it may have been a theft recovery, or something like that. The original bill of sale and owner's manual, as well as a shop manual, and some Oldsmobile promotional items are included with the car. Only 13500.00! As far as trades, I love hot rods, muscle cars, antique cars, antique trucks, rat rods. email, or text pics and a description of any trades . Feel free to email, text, or call with any questions also. three52 55one 7four9twoHere's a link to my CL ad, it has 24 pics http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4999559514.html
Old April 28th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Old School Olds

Wow, very nice! I could see some one scooping this one up soon!
GLWS 66's are sweet.
Old April 29th, 2015, 01:53 PM

I see after market a/c and no heater-----might not be to good up here where it gets cold. Wonder what he would really take for it?
Old April 29th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Very nice car, well worth the money if its as nice in person. The heat is probably electric aftermarket.
Old April 29th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Rocket Renegade!

Salvage or rebuilt titles are always a bit of a put-off for me. I'd want to know more. Certainly doesn't look like a flood car, though.
Old April 29th, 2015, 10:02 PM

Can't believe it is actually a Craigslist ad.

I'll tell you what: If nothing else, the Craigslist ad is quite a breakthrough. The description is great and so are the pictures. I never thought I would live long enough to see pictures this great.

I am so used to seeing crap descriptions with pictures of cars cut off in the middle and people standing in the background picking their nose, looking at the ground, and shuffling their feet, hoping they are going to be in the Craigslist picture.

BTW. Nice car.
Old April 30th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Rocketeer

Originally Posted by '69442ragtop
Salvage or rebuilt titles are always a bit of a put-off for me. I'd want to know more. Certainly doesn't look like a flood car, though.
I always see red flags when someone describes a car as being "totally rust free" and it has a fresh spraying of undercoating.
Old April 30th, 2015, 11:08 AM

I'd buy that car after an in person good inspection/drive. Rebuilt title doesn't bother me since I don't like to sell em. Lol
Old April 30th, 2015, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by bob p
I always see red flags when someone describes a car as being "totally rust free" and it has a fresh spraying of undercoating.
And spatter painted trunk in a 66. Looks decent but I'd rather have known what the floors looked like before the blackout treatment.