Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1971 Vista Cruise 455 all original

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2015, 09:08 AM

1971 Vista Cruise 455 all original sold!

Hi all I have for sale my 1971 Oldsmobile vista cruiser. its got a 455 runs and drives great here's a link to the craigslist add
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...969583683.html

Last edited by Oren0816; April 9th, 2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old April 9th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Old School Olds

Welcome. Nice wagon. Good price imop. A shot of the tach would help the sale,
maybe an engine shot or two. Rear qrts; front fender heels, etc. GLWS.
Old April 9th, 2015, 09:46 AM

you may wish to use another method

First post ever is "have car for sale"

CL says:

"This IP has been automatically blocked.
If you have questions, please email: blocks-b1427613666436149@craigslist.org"

sounds like a scam now

Can I send you a bank check for too much money?
You just western union the excess back to me so I can take care of the shipping.
Old April 9th, 2015, 09:50 AM

????

What are you talking about scam??? this is why I don't like posting on forums cause theres always that one guy if you are in La come see it buy it only cash this is my number 3235724945 if you have any questions.
Old April 9th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Beer Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Octania
you may wish to use another method

First post ever is "have car for sale"

CL says:

"This IP has been automatically blocked.
If you have questions, please email: blocks-b1427613666436149@craigslist.org"

sounds like a scam now

Can I send you a bank check for too much money?
You just western union the excess back to me so I can take care of the shipping.
Not sure what are you referring to. I see the add just fine. It is a Classic Oldsmobile so it kind of makes sense to post it to the classicoldsmobile.com forum.
Nice car for a good price. I already sent pictures of it to couple of friends who might be interested.
Old April 9th, 2015, 09:55 AM

@Octania

@Octania this is my second post I posted on the Newbie Forum when I bought the wagon over a year ago but I couldn't log in my user name was moparmofo but thanks for your shitty opinion
Old April 9th, 2015, 11:19 AM

I didn't have any trouble seeing the ad either. I'll post the link I have for it.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...969583683.html
I don't see anything here that says SCAM, he posted his phone number also. Not everyone is out to scam other, just every other one. Just kidding.
Good luck with the sale of your car.
Mark
Old April 9th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Runner

tic tac clock on a vista cruiser with a 2 barrel carb. That's an interesting combination. Good luck with the sale.
Old April 9th, 2015, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Oren0816
@Octania this is my second post I posted on the Newbie Forum when I bought the wagon over a year ago but I couldn't log in my user name was moparmofo but thanks for your shitty opinion
well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me

i gave no opinion
I simply asserted that from what I saw it was a scam

Now, others say they see the ad
*I* get an error message saying the IP is blocked by CL
That plus one post, not two, but ONE, what I saw, says "scam"

NOW please be aware that I am having ridiculous internet connectivitiy issues at home today, so evidently I am the ONLY one that cannot see your CL ad.

So TO ME, it all added up to scam.

Now, next issue.
Again I remind folks- CL ads are ETHEREAL. That means they don't last long, for you folks in Rio Linda. Therefore, when you put info HERE, go ahead and take the 5 seconds to copy the ad text, if not photos, and paste it in here so that we can all read it now and forever.

Please and Thank You

Suddenly NOW the ad appears for me...

Here, watch this:

"I have for sale a 1971 Oldsmobile Vista cruiser. It comes equipped with a 455 big block with a two barrel carburetor. All original. Power windows, Power locks, cruise control, AC, roof rack, TIC TACH CLOCK and power seats. Mechanically the car is in great shape. New shocks, breaks, suspension, bearings. Steering colum was rebuilt Runs and drives great. Can use the seats reupholstered comes with the optional third row. Comes with the CA blue platesPlease feel free to call me with any questions. Just registered it as well clean title. I'm the second owner. Please call me or text if you are interested $4500 or best offer or trade for 12-15 foot travel trailer

Tags: cutlass, Mopar, Oldsmobile, surf, surf wagon, 88, 442, classic, station wagon, olds, GM, ford, Van, Beach, Surfboard, MOPAR, chevy, big block, ford, band van, vintage, hotrod, classic, buick, skylark, sports car, muscle car"

fpqgg-4969583683%40sale.craigslist.org

OMG that was to easy

So, sorry about the incorrect assertion of a scam, based on what my pc of crap computer showed me. I apologize, and tip my hat to your fine example of a wagon, it looks GREAT.

frankly if I had a phone number at the time I probably would have called to mess with a scammer, and then of course would have found that not to be the case.

is this thing with no hyphens or dots or anything a phone # ??
"3235724945"
Where is that acceptable?

PS if you have an ad on CL for a car for sale.... get prepared to have a lot of offers to send you a bank check for too much money.... this is a fine opportunity to make all readers aware of that scam.

Last edited by Octania; April 9th, 2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old April 9th, 2015, 03:24 PM

Nice car for the money. GLWS.

Terry
Old April 9th, 2015, 03:34 PM

Sold.

Sold the wagon thanks guys
Old April 9th, 2015, 04:05 PM

No worries.
You didn't sell it for a bank check for "too much money" right?

I certainly did not intend to offend a legitimate seller, but from what I had seen at the time, it was not adding up legitimate. Sounds like it worked out great.

Oh, and CL now tells me
"This posting has been deleted by its author."

Threfore, had no one at all bothered to bring the text here, it would be gone.
Old April 9th, 2015, 04:32 PM

Congrats on the sale. That was I nice wagon at a fair price. Thanks for posting it here as well.
Old April 9th, 2015, 04:35 PM

Thanks

@Octania thank you. Got cash sold it for a little less then I would have liked too but I need the money
Old April 9th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Octania
is this thing with no hyphens or dots or anything a phone # ?? "3235724945" Where is that acceptable?
Chris? You need to lighten up. The OP identified it as his number, and 99.999% of us would automatically cue that as a phone number. IMO that's a perfectly recognizable ph# and posting it that way is simply one way to prevent spam bots from capturing it. Same as some others who post 3too3 five 7tee2 49 four five. This is no different. It's perfectly acceptable either way and I'm surprised you don't understand these 'encryption' protocols.

I'm actually surprised at the number of folks on this site who put their home email addresses and phone numbers into posts instead of using the PM service.
Old April 10th, 2015, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Chris? You need to lighten up. The OP identified it as his number, and 99.999% of us would automatically cue that as a phone number. IMO that's a perfectly recognizable ph# and posting it that way is simply one way to prevent spam bots from capturing it. Same as some others who post 3too3 five 7tee2 49 four five. This is no different. It's perfectly acceptable either way and I'm surprised you don't understand these 'encryption' protocols.

I'm actually surprised at the number of folks on this site who put their home email addresses and phone numbers into posts instead of using the PM service.
Allen,

I agree, I saw it as a phone number as soon as I read it.

And yes, I post my number on the threads as a means for non members to call me. Not the best route but to me it is acceptable since I am trying to sale parts.

Tom