Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1968 Hurst/Olds for sale...

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2015, 11:07 PM

1968 Hurst/Olds for sale...

If anyone is interested in a 1968 Hurst Olds, please drop me an email (sempergumby2 AT yahoooooooooo.com). This is a complete car and I can provide the VIN. The car is rust free and ready for reassembly. All parts are OEM, no replacement/aftermarket parts. Price is $20,000.
IMG_5857_zpsyjelcvn7.jpg
IMG_5841_zpswhsosfv6.jpg
IMG_5835_zpso0yi86cg.jpg
IMG_5854_zpss5g7x7zg.jpg
IMG_5856_zpsmgux3ver.jpg
If you have parts you're looking for, please provide me your Christmas list!
Old April 2nd, 2015, 07:35 AM
Runner

Recently it seems like everyone on that boards has a 68 H/Os!
What is the status of the engine?
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:31 AM

The car/parts are in Kansas, near Kansas City. I have the VIN for this car and the guy who owns it has owned several W-Cars, to include another 1968 H/O with A/C that he sold to Doc Watson.

The engine is a fresh rebuild, back to specs. It's setting on the engine stand and ready to be dropped back in. I wish I had the money to bring this old girl back to life. It's ready to be reassembled.

NS
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:38 AM

Interesting find, and great project. Any OAI/HO stuff missing?

not that *I* can obtain the car, but buyers will want to know.

Last edited by Octania; April 3rd, 2015 at 05:55 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:55 AM

Yep.... all there.

image1%202_zpsm5u5w9ey.jpg

H/O factory red inner-fenders & ram air scoops.

image2%202_zpsnrnjpwgs.jpg

H/O Rally Pac

0402151135a_zpskfunbrjl.jpg

H/O Dual-Gate and original transmission cable

NS
Old April 2nd, 2015, 10:31 AM

Is this the car out of the now bankrupt, General Muscle Cars in Osage City, KS?

I have lots of pictures of it when it first came up for sale. If it's the same car, at the time the original block was not with the car and the cowl/data tag was completely MIA.

I talked to the mechanic who worked on this car back in the day. He actually worked on all the owners cars!! His name is Bruce Morris who still lives in KS. I had a great discussion with him last year about this particular car. Both of the previous owners Hurst Olds are on the registry in Bruce's name. I believe Demmer # 339 and Demmer # 411.

Very interesting car. Sent you a pm.
Thanks

Sam

image.jpg1_zpsv3o2rhhk.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsncw9el7i.jpg
image.jpg2_zpsvfi2hbjp.jpg

Same car??

Cheers,

Sam

Last edited by 72xw30; April 2nd, 2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 10:38 AM
Runner

I hate (love) finding these cars are in my location! Must resit urges to find a way to own a 68H/O. Is the transmission there too?
Old April 2nd, 2015, 12:19 PM

Sent an email, since I'm local. I am interested in parts for mine, can also inspect any parts or the car for interested people.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 12:24 PM

Luke sent him email haven't heard back from but yes if you go please let me know
Old April 2nd, 2015, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by 72xw30

I have lots of pictures of it when it first came up for sale. If it's the same car, at the time the original block was not with the car and the cowl/data tag was completely MIA.

I talked to the mechanic who worked on this car back in the day. He actually worked on all the owners cars!! His name is Bruce Morris who still lives in KS. I had a great discussion with him last year about this particular car. Both of the previous owners Hurst Olds are on the registry in Bruce's name. I believe Demmer # 339 and Demmer # 411.

Very interesting car. Sent you a pm.
Thanks

Sam

Same car??

Cheers,

Sam
I wonder who worked on those cars!!I seen both of the 1968 hurst olds the 1969 hurst. I have the 1967 post 442 it is in my garage! All the parts and cars are gone!

Last edited by wr1970; April 2nd, 2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 08:08 PM

Sam:

I don't know if it's the same car. He wants to sell it and I thought I'd post it here where some guys who love these cars could take a shot at it. The guy who owns it now is very knowledgeable about W-Machines and based on my interaction with him, he's very honest.

I have forwarded all emails requesting info about the car to him.

NS
Old April 2nd, 2015, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by NightStalker
Sam:

I don't know if it's the same car. He wants to sell it and I thought I'd post it here where some guys who love these cars could take a shot at it. The guy who owns it now is very knowledgeable about W-Machines and based on my interaction with him, he's very honest.

NS
If that car is from osage i bet the parts are out of the warehouse in osage as well!!

Last edited by wr1970; April 2nd, 2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=NightStalker;807831]Sam:

NS[/ Got any pictures of progress on your 65?

Last edited by wr1970; April 5th, 2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 03:53 AM

Sam on the demmer which car is 339? The one in your picture with the missing cowl tag or the one that had the cowl tag!

Last edited by wr1970; April 3rd, 2015 at 03:56 AM.
Old April 4th, 2015, 08:42 AM

Numbers Matching Drivetrain?

Or replaced?
Old April 4th, 2015, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by wr1970
Sam on the demmer which car is 339? The one in your picture with the missing cowl tag or the one that had the cowl tag!

The car that was missing the data tag was car #411

Sam
Old April 4th, 2015, 06:44 PM

I have lots of pictures of it when it first came up for sale.

Same car??

Look at the black guide coat patch on the left front fender. It's the same car
Old April 5th, 2015, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by allyolds68
Look at the black guide coat patch on the left front fender. It's the same car
I agree it is the same car.The cowl picture would tell the whole story if Nightstalker was to post it.
Old April 5th, 2015, 10:46 AM

Good day all,

Here are some pictures from inside General Muscle cars in Osage, KS. These pictures were taken Dec 6, 2014 when I had a contact check out the above car.

It has been confirmed that it is the same car that we looked at last year. #411 in the Hurst Olds Registry.

The reason I did not purchase this Hurst Olds was that the original drivetrain was NO where to be found, the cowl tag was missing, and the dash looked like it had been cut out or replaced. I am going by the information my friend supplied me when I was looking at purchasing it. I did not see this with my eyes but my friend has never led be down the wrong road. He has been bang on with his observations over the years.

I did do some research on this car. I was able to track down the gentleman who worked on the cars of General Muscle Cars including this particular Hurst Olds. He informed me that when "they" bought the car the original drivetrain was NOT with it and completely missing. This Hurst is still in the "mechanics" name (Bruce) on the Hurst Olds Registry as is the other 68 Hurst Olds that General Muscle cars ownedat the time. I have his contact information if anyone is interested in talking to him about the car. He has some very cool stories about this Hurst, and about other rare W Machines that were in there at one time!

Have a great weekend,

Sam

image.jpg1_zpsrcgkqur9.jpgimage.jpg3_zpsju0udfae.jpgimage.jpg1_zpslmn9hy1h.jpgimage.jpg2_zpsjacuft5f.jpgimage.jpg6_zpsx3ojedmw.jpgimage.jpg2_zpswhvjkewt.jpgimage.jpg4_zpsqctyjhky.jpg
Old April 5th, 2015, 10:51 AM

Nightstalker,

I'm very interested in hearing the story about how the original drivetrain was found or discovered. The mechanic said it was never with the car when originally purchased my General Muscle Cars.

I had my friend spend hours inside the warehouse looking for ALL the correct and original parts, which we did not find. He searched for hours and also made return trips to the warehouse with the Banker who was handling the business dealings as it relates to General Muscle Cars. Again, the original drivetrain was NOT found.

Waiting patiently and hoping to hear that the "original" drivetrain was found for the particular Hurst Olds. Please let me know.
THanks.

Happy Easter.

Sam

Last edited by 72xw30; April 5th, 2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old April 5th, 2015, 01:47 PM

Nightstalker,

I'm very interested in hearing the story about how the original drivetrain was found or discovered. The mechanic said it was never with the car when originally purchased my General Muscle Cars.

I had my friend spend hours inside the warehouse looking for ALL the correct and original parts, which we did not find. He searched for hours and also made return trips to the warehouse with the Banker who was handling the business dealings as it relates to General Muscle Cars. Again, the original drivetrain was NOT found.

Waiting patiently and hoping to hear that the "original" drivetrain was found for the particular Hurst Olds. Please let me know.
THanks.

Happy Easter.

Sam

Unless you have some private emails back and forth I don't see anywhere where Nightstalker said this car has the original engine

Am I missing something????
Old April 5th, 2015, 02:41 PM

so now that we know a little about this car sooo is it worth 20 grand?
Old April 5th, 2015, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by pacekar
so now that we know a little about this car sooo is it worth 20 grand?
Not without confirmation on original OW tranny and original motor's availability . If if they are not in the equation this is far from a 20000 car.
Old April 5th, 2015, 03:47 PM

Good day all,

Here are some pictures from inside General Muscle cars in Osage, KS. These pictures were taken Dec 6, 2014 when I had a contact check out the above car.

It has been confirmed that it is the same car that we looked at last year. #411 in the Hurst Olds Registry.

The reason I did not purchase this Hurst Olds was that the original drivetrain was NO where to be found, the cowl tag was missing, and the dash looked like it had been cut out or replaced. I am going by the information my friend supplied me when I was looking at purchasing it. I did not see this with my eyes but my friend has never led be down the wrong road. He has been bang on with his observations over the years.

I did do some research on this car. I was able to track down the gentleman who worked on the cars of General Muscle Cars including this particular Hurst Olds. He informed me that when "they" bought the car the original drivetrain was NOT with it and completely missing. This Hurst is still in the "mechanics" name (Bruce) on the Hurst Olds Registry as is the other 68 Hurst Olds that General Muscle cars ownedat the time. I have his contact information if anyone is interested in talking to him about the car. He has some very cool stories about this Hurst, and about other rare W Machines that were in there at one time!

Have a great weekend,

Sam

I can confirm that the drive train motor and matching tranny were missing! The frame is non matching! The cowl tag is missing! The cowl was fiberglassed up to the vin tag for rust repair. I have personally seen everything in the warehouse and all the cars that were left. I couldn't come to terms with seller on the car as price was higher than what i thought value was on the car posted by Nightstalker. I will say value is what a person will pay. If the car is worth $20,000. What is the value of the one with vin tag and cowl tag and title 339 demmer. Both cars had no matching motor or tranny!!
Old April 5th, 2015, 03:52 PM

Ty for the info you know thought it was re body ???
Old April 5th, 2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by dnmfranco
Ty for the info you know thought it was re body ???
When i was there there was two 1968 hurst cars one 1969 hurst,a 1968 cutlass hardtop, a 1968 442, a 1965 442, a 1967 442 post car that i bought and a 1970 convert that was a pile of junk! The warehouse had lots of pontiac fenders doors some doors for 68-72 olds. Piles of parts in no order. The motor room had around 30 engines. Seller was really bragging about the duel quad 455 with mondello oil pan stickers. I asked him what was so great about it he said the guy who had it in his car was almost unbeatable but had no clue as to what was inside for parts! I wanted to bust out laughing but i was on a mission to buy a car.The car night stalker posted the the 1970 vert and the 1969 hurst and the 1965 442 is the only cars i didn't know where they went.

Last edited by wr1970; April 5th, 2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old April 5th, 2015, 04:20 PM

Again Ty for the clarity . Not blaming the middle guy here but seller seems to be .......

That's funny re your story about the motor lol.
Dean
Old April 5th, 2015, 04:34 PM

Nightstalker good luck on your sale Value is what someone will pay!
Old April 6th, 2015, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by wr1970
When i was there there was two 1968 hurst cars one 1969 hurst,a 1968 cutlass hardtop, a 1968 442, a 1965 442, a 1967 442 post car that i bought and a 1970 convert that was a pile of junk! The warehouse had lots of pontiac fenders doors some doors for 68-72 olds. Piles of parts in no order. The motor room had around 30 engines. Seller was really bragging about the duel quad 455 with mondello oil pan stickers. I asked him what was so great about it he said the guy who had it in his car was almost unbeatable but had no clue as to what was inside for parts! I wanted to bust out laughing but i was on a mission to buy a car.The car night stalker posted the the 1970 vert and the 1969 hurst and the 1965 442 is the only cars i didn't know where they went.
When I went up there several years ago, he had most of these cars and I looked at the 68 HOs and also asked about motors. He said he had motors for them, one D headed 455 and one C headed 455 but neither were original to the cars. He was working on them and they definitely needed some work. He would not price them to me. I bought quite a few parts from him but never bought any of the cars. He did have a lot of parts and I did not know he went out of business.
Old April 6th, 2015, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by orange442
When I went up there several years ago, he had most of these cars and I looked at the 68 HOs and also asked about motors. He said he had motors for them, one D headed 455 and one C headed 455 but neither were original to the cars. He was working on them and they definitely needed some work. He would not price them to me. I bought quite a few parts from him but never bought any of the cars. He did have a lot of parts and I did not know he went out of business.
I talked to the seller the other day. He said it was a C headed 455, and not an OW trans. He's still busy moving parts, said there wasn't much W-series stuff around (no pile of red fenderwells like shown above, for example). I was going to check it out this past weekend, but he was still busy moving stuff... He said I could run out later this week to check it out, I'm planning on trying to do that.
Old April 6th, 2015, 12:57 PM

take lots of pictures
Old April 10th, 2015, 05:59 PM

I walked through the shop as well with thoughts of purchasing it, but there was so much damn stuff. If I recall the motor that was said to be rebuilt that was sitting on the stand in the other room was said to to be original but it was a c headed 400 and stamping on block did not match the vin. Awesome to walk through that place.
Old April 11th, 2015, 07:14 AM

Yes Sir that mondello motor with twin carbs and J heads is one bad mother!! I hope who ever buys it lets us know what the inside parts are! The guy who told me that story also made a offer on the whole parts package! I bought the 67 post 442 but the car that night stalker posted wasn't sold yet nor the 70 vert. I thought his offer was fair was same price as what they want for the 68 hurst asking price now There was two of us who heard that comment from the middle man in charge of getting rid of this stuff. Anyway he claimed to be the middleman and he is on my bill of sale the company name is on the title on the back.
Old April 11th, 2015, 08:33 PM

I went and looked at the car today and a few of the parts the seller has moved so far (the parts are being moved from the muscle car place to the current seller's location).

I took a bunch of pictures and posted them here:
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/83hu...t%20for%20sale

Neither the engine nor trans was available for inspection, although the seller said it was a C-headed 455 (non-VIN matched) and a non-OW th-400 trans. The correct carb was not available for inspection, seller believes the correct 7028255 is at the other location. I did see at least one correct exhaust manifold and intake manifold.

Based on my pictures, I see the rear end has an SH code stamped into the axle tube ('70 3.42 posi), not the correct T3.

The cowl tag is missing, the seller is actively searching for it.

The body appears solid overall. It has had the quarters replaced, the outer wheelhouse on the driver's side (possibly the passenger but hard to say), the rear package tray at the base of the rear window. The dash has a bunch of plastic filler and fiberglass tape on it, nobody is sure why. The front fenders appear to be correct '68, not later '68-69 dual hinge pattern GM fenders. Original H/O hood, solid deck lid with the inside painted. There is a weird line of filler in the drivers rear wheel housing where the wheel house was added. Inside the quarter panel lips felt good. Surface rust in the cowl area due to moisture, but I didn't see any holes or severe rust issues.

Original red inner fenderwells looked nice. Wheel trim rings were the correct '68 satin finish. Car comes with rechromed bumpers that are still wrapped up after chroming. Original dual gate was there with cable and correct top plate. OEM OAI scoops with some damage (metal patch in one place), and it appeared to be the 2nd iteration vinyl-ish OAI hoses. Original speedometer and rally pack gauges. Seats looked decent, but would need recovering. The seller has a bunch of nice interior trim that will go with it to make a complete interior set. There are two NOS GM side view mirrors, non-remote.

The original walnut dash trim appeared to be missing, as well as the original dual snorkel air cleaner.

The seller was very cordial and had nothing to hide, knows Oldsmobiles very well. I appreciated his time to view the car and the opportunity see some of the parts he has, he mentioned he has a lot of parts left to move... hoping to pick up a few things for my '68 project in the future.

Hope this helps anyone interested in the car.
Old April 21st, 2015, 09:15 PM

could you tell if the trunk pan had been replaced? If so I think I know the story of this car, I think its my old 68 from california...if it is I know its history back to late 70s...
Old April 22nd, 2015, 07:17 AM

I don't believe it was replaced, but didn't look super closely. You could tell the quarters and at least one wheelhouse were replaced, but the trunk floor looked original. The current seller of the car mentioned he picked it up in Kentucky in the 80's before it went to the Muscle Car shop that is now out of business, and it had apparently sat for all these years.

Also, I failed to notice while there that the firewall is for an A/C car, the seller called me last weekend to confirm that it is a factory A/C car. There was nothing else on the car to tip me off to that.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 07:21 AM

seems like hurst cars are soft on resale lately, two 69s have been on ebay for a year now and they barely get bid to 45k,which is sad....I know of a 68 ac HO locally here in need of restoration,but the guy wont sell it as of currently, I stop by on and off to visit him and still no progress on it, flat tires and dirt,but Im sure we all know of a few cars in the same situation....lol