Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1964 Olds 98 Town Sedan

Old January 13th, 2015, 01:08 PM

1964 Olds 98 Town Sedan

Please read all...

I need to sell the 64/98 town sedan project I bought about a year ago. I have been busy working on other projects, and need to sell this one before completion. I may be job transferred next month, and car cannot go with..

So far I have completed the motor swap, (motor runs) well (date correct 1964 394/330 Sky Rocket engine). It was rebuilt some years ago (not by me).. I re-sealed, painted it, and installed it. Trans untested other than yard driving. Fuel system has been cleaned, so has the brake system. New master cylinder, wheel cylinder, rebuilt carb. The car will need exhaust work from the muffler back. Tires are less than 6 months old with no mileage.

The interior is very clean, and the body is absolutely rust free. It has factory air, power steering, power bakes, tinted glass (all), tilt wheel, auto (slim-jim trans), power seat, power windows, wonderbar w/foot switch, power antenna, dealer installed seatbelts, and vaccuum trunk release.. California black plates go with the car. No missing trim.. easy project.

Was originally wedgewood Blue, but was redone some years ago (needs paint again). I have an extra set of #23 heads, with exhaust manifolds, and and an extra 4bbl intake that also goes with the car. Would look great lowered with a nice set of rims.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...own+sedan.html

Car will come with a bill of sale, and a letter from the California Highway Patrol verifying clean vin (title was lost while settling the estate of the original owner).

If the car does not sell soon, I will have to take what I can and scrap the rest. I would hate to do that.. I'm hoping the car will find a good home. Car has a lot of nice options.. and since I just completed a jetaway swap, I know it can be done fairly easy.
$2500 (with extra parts).

Thanks, Paul.
electra483@yahoo.com

Last edited by electra483; August 1st, 2020 at 07:05 PM.
Old January 24th, 2015, 05:56 PM

Weekend Bump.

Last edited by electra483; August 1st, 2020 at 07:05 PM.
Old January 25th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Administrator

I would of thought someone would have snatched this up. Good luck.
Old January 25th, 2015, 07:08 AM

That looks way too nice to part out. But its a full sized 4 door so that does cause it to have less demand. I have a love/hate relationship with ebay, but things there can get a lot of coverage. You might give that a try before giving up on selling the car whole.

John
Old January 25th, 2015, 06:22 PM

Thanks guys. I understand the argument about fullsize 4 doors, and agree with the value. I feel the price is fair for what it is. At any given time half of the cars I own are 4 doors. I like them for different reasons than 2 doors.

My original plan for this car was to use it as a parts car for my 64 Starfire. As soon as I saw the car I knew it was too nice to part. I have since sold the 64 Starfire w/o ever taking anything off this car.

Not a fan of eBay these days. Been a member for 15 years. Their greed (fees) are bordering on criminal. Besides the better Oldsmobile fans are right here.

I wil give it some more time, but I'm only taking my 62-88 with me if I relocate.
Paul.
Old January 27th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Registered Luser

Man Paul. Another beauty! If it's mechanically sound and the interior is that nice, that is a very fair price. If we could find a way to get those cars to Long Island cheap, they would sell quickly.....I agree with you that with it lowered, and rims and tires, it would serve the car well. Seems the 4 doors look good that way! GLWS! 👍
Old January 27th, 2015, 04:03 PM

Hey Erik,
When they stat sanding the roads there instead of salting them Maybe the cars will survive longer. Personally I would dredge part of Long Beach (for the sand). Grew up there, and have no issue with that.

The car is solid, both mechanically, and cosmedically. Needs a few things like exhaust, trans pan gasket leaks (from sitting). The motor is good. The carb, master, and wheel cylinder was replaced. Fuel system cleaned out... and so on. Well preserved for a 50 year old car.

I'm thowing in an extra set of '64 Starfire #23 heads, and intake (the guy who bought the Starfire didn't need them). If someone back east (was) serious, I would lower the price to just off set the shipping...

The car will either sell in the next couple of weeks, or I'm taking off all the small parts (whatever I can box up), and sending it to DVAP. I've lost money on the car, so what the hell... I may as well just write it off completely.

Cant take it with me... so it's going somewhere. Don't really care where.
Paul.
Old January 27th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Oh, man...

This is so not a good time for me to get another car I don't need, but that car looks really nice.

- Eric
Old January 27th, 2015, 05:13 PM

Thanks Eric. I'm originally from Long Island... and can honestly say I paid extra to ship cars from the left coast instead of chasing rust. The cost when your done is about equal, but you have a rust free car. I really need to take better pics (this weekend). The car is dirty in these shots, and does not do it justice.

Last edited by electra483; January 27th, 2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old January 27th, 2015, 05:48 PM

So Paul where you headed?
Can Vinny store the car while you do a deal to sell it that way it stays a car and not a doner. I have been told tonight that I can't save them all so I'm out on this one, to bad I could use it, if it was a 63 I would be all over it like white on rice.
Good luck with the sale and I hope you end up some where warm.
Steve
Old January 27th, 2015, 06:07 PM

Steve, If I had my way it would be somewhere tropical, but it looks like Charlotte NC may be my destination. I hear its beautiful, but winters are a little cold. Hell it snows in Tucson occasionally.. so I'm good with that.

Vinny probably could store the car, but I dont want it to get in his way. Would make a great trailer swap (pick up my 62, drop off the 64) I will ask.

If we could save them all DVAP would be out of business. They don't have any 63's in the Casa Grande yard.. sorry just a 61, 62, and two 64's. The rest is 65-76.

I just want to put this car behind me and move on. Thanks for trying to save what you can. A+ for effort!
Paul.
Old January 29th, 2015, 04:19 AM

Paul, I just joined this group and saw your post. I had the identical car back in the 70's. Out of curiousity, What do they get to ship a vehicle from you back to Long Island? It definitely looks like a true survivor. John
Old January 29th, 2015, 06:07 AM

Hello John,
Welcome to CO. Great site, with awesome people and nice rides. Not sure on shipping quotes back to the Island, but with fuel prices being low, I am sure shipping is less than a year ago. Try looking on the HAMB. There are always people moving cars, and looking to fill vacancys.

The car is from the Pamona area, and is rust free. Would not take much to make a nice ride. I'm relocating soon, and cannot take more than one car with me.. this car needs to go (somewhere) in less than 3 weeks.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/f...a-m-b-odex.12/

Let me know what you find out.
Thanks again, Paul.
Old February 1st, 2015, 05:03 AM

More pics

Hi Paul. I know you said you were going to post more pics of the 98. Have you had the opportunity to get some more pics to post? Thanks, John
Old February 1st, 2015, 03:15 PM

Hey John,
No. I have not had time to go to the shop. I have been working on loose ends, and other projects. The next few weeks are going to be hectic.

The reason I was going to take more pics of the car was after I washed it I wanted to show it clean.. (not washed yet). What areas do you need pics of. I have some on my computer.
Thanks, Paul.
Old February 9th, 2015, 10:56 AM

Gentlemen, car is sold/saved to a fellow c/o member! Please delete ad..

Ty-c/o, paul..