Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1972 442 W30 for sale

Old November 24th, 2014, 06:15 PM

1972 442 W30 for sale

For sale is my 1972 442 W30. The car has the "X" in the VIN as well as the GM of Canada Documentation stating such. The car is originally Radiant green with white interior. The car runs and drives but the current engine needs to be rebuilt. The car unfortunately no longer has the original motor or transmission. The car is a a 3:73 gear rear end and 4 core rad. The car has rust in the usual spots, bottom of fenders, wheel wells on the quarters. The trunk appears to be fairly decent. The floor has some rust in some areas but it should not need a entire floor pan. I would be happy to explain the car more fully for those interested. I have many parts available for the individual who buys the car, including a Flapper set up and aluminum intake among other parts. This car is an excellent candidate for restoration. I continue to not be able to upload photos to this site, but have many of the vehicle i would happily send. The car is on Craigslist in the Vancouver B.C. I am looking for $7900. Thanks
Old November 24th, 2014, 06:22 PM

sale

Sorry your eBay sale fell thru. Why do losers bid & then not pay?

Good luck with the sale.

Dave

ps...here is the link to the Craigslist ad

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/4729907550.html
Old November 26th, 2014, 10:01 PM

Good morning,

Posting some pictures for RocketDevo.

Cheers,

Sam

35f836002276306ec1f63ffe89df0ae6_zps5d6f9e42.jpg
5515c2df66c2120f6b986a2d6c7cb028_zpsdcb97f5e.jpg
232c4a91906cfe80a7ca4a3a6f9e497d_zpsc9431d9d.jpg
5920bae5b0f7b81a0bf5b657785ad2cb_zps4de64bdc.jpg
19951f3c733b9ffdf7e70b15e66afb66_zpsbfc5bf22.jpg
6248988241461df5128583c9908a12cf_zps5ba3c4c6.jpg
4350c7c1b55267624812fd3d528fc0a7_zps8053acb4.jpg

Last edited by 72xw30; November 26th, 2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:28 AM

Thanks Dave and Sam. The car is still for sale. The Guy who back out from winning it on ebay is clueless, and left me hanging for a couple weeks, wondering if he would come thru. I recommend people not to deal with him as his word is mud. his name is Bruce from Montreal and Sam and others can attest to what a dead beat he is. Thanks.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:31 AM

What is his ebay name so those of us that use ebay can just block him.

Thanks
Larry
Old December 3rd, 2014, 04:58 PM

First of all i think it stipulates in the forum that fellow members should not be making false accusations towards other members. I hope the administraters who administer the site will look at this .

thanks Bruce
Old December 3rd, 2014, 05:03 PM

A man's word is his bond

Originally Posted by servexcell
First of all i think it stipulates in the forum that fellow members should not be making false accusations towards other members. I hope the administraters who administer the site will look at this .

thanks Bruce

Are you the Bruce who was the high bidder on this car & then did not pay?

If so please explain why you word is worthless. If you were the high bidder YOU own the car & need to pay up. Be a man.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 06:02 PM

Dave first of , i agreed to send Devon a checque for his trouble. I or other forum members do not appreciate when accusations are made towards other members. My intentions were to send him a payment but i have been busy , should i still send him a payment after posting words like mud or deadbeat.

Bruce

Bruce
Old December 3rd, 2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
Are you the Bruce who was the high bidder on this car & then did not pay?

If so please explain why you word is worthless. If you were the high bidder YOU own the car & need to pay up. Be a man.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 06:25 PM

intergrity

dave first of , i agreed to send devon a checque for his trouble. I or other forum members do not appreciate when accusations are made towards other members. My intentions were to send him a payment but i have been busy , should i still send him a payment after posting words like mud or deadbeat.

Bruce

bruce

don't send him a cheque for his 'troubles'. Send him the damn payment for the car you bought & pick up the car.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 06:33 PM

If you don't pay him you will definitely prove that you are no better than pond scum. Man up! Reneging on a deal shows just who you are.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 06:34 PM

Minding One's business

Oldsmobile Dave who are you to add your comments. Maybe you should keep comments and remarks to yourself.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
Senior Moment Member

Maybe you should follow through on your promises big boy! Don't bid with no intention to buy. Explain yourself or get flamed to a crisp. Your call.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:06 PM

Fyi

Oldsmobile Dave who are you to add your comments. Maybe you should keep comments and remarks to yourself.

I am an Oldsmobile enthusiast who has no patience for persons of zero integrity. When you mess with one of us you mess with ALL of us.
Old December 4th, 2014, 10:09 AM

My Dad instilled in me and all my brothers that your word is pretty much all you have to vouch for yourself. Once you go back on your word you have lost any credibility or respect you had. There will be times where circumstances dictate that you may have to go back on something. With that being said it had better be good and you had better explain yourself clearly and with conviction. Things happen but you have to take responsibility and make things right.
Old December 4th, 2014, 10:29 AM
72 Olds CS

My .02 cents

Recently a bidder w 100% gd feedback who I had been in contact w and extended time to pay on an item, stopped contact and didn't pay. I opened an ebay claim and after the specified time I was refunded any fees. I couldn't leave the bidder any feedback because he never responded to ebay's inquiry. That's how ebay allows bad bidders to walk w no consequences.

Regarding ones word, I recently purchased a vehicle from someone who I didn't know and the seller had a prior sale on the same vehicle fall thru due to the buyer reneging. The seller didn't want my deposit we shook hands and agreed I would come back in a week w cash. Between us it ended up being two weeks but the seller never questioned my intent, and I never questioned the seller despite the vehicle still being listed for those two weeks. After the transaction we were both happy to complete the deal as we agreed on a handshake and w out drama. Btw the seller was a 20 something YO who apparently had been raised right and it showed as he followed thru w a couple things the vehicle needed to complete our agreement w no trying to weasel out of it.

I agree things happen we agreed on 1 week but due to circumstances on both ends we extended it to two weeks no issues. When I bid on something I bid because I want that item and make every effort to complete the transaction quickly and painlessly unlike many ebayers. unfortunately ebay will cater to the latter w feedback rules etc because they know the people w integrity don't need special rules to protect their reputations.

So let's hear it how does one bid on a vehicle and not pay when the auctions done? If it Was misrepresented that could pose a problem, but it appears the seller has disclosed the negatives w the car in question.

Last edited by RetroRanger; December 4th, 2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old December 6th, 2014, 07:41 AM

Oh what a mess
Old December 7th, 2014, 06:21 AM

Well Bruce you have been exposed!!Your reaction proves that you are not a guy who lives up to a deal when he is buy something. I think i will add your user name here to the don't deal with because you can't be trusted.
Old December 7th, 2014, 06:40 AM
morgan

it can be called buyers remorse...sometimes we act and then have a regret and reason for not going thru with a sale no reason to take the guy out and stone him...if he offered to pay a bit for time and troubles to the seller thats pretty decent
Old December 7th, 2014, 10:21 AM
72 Olds CS

Originally Posted by pogo69
it can be called buyers remorse...sometimes we act and then have a regret and reason for not going thru with a sale no reason to take the guy out and stone him...if he offered to pay a bit for time and troubles to the seller thats pretty decent
Nope buyers remorse is buying something and then regretting it.

In this case the person agreed to buy something then didn't, I don't know the timeframe but let's assume the std 7 day auction, and then when the transaction was to be completed they backed out of the terms they agreed to when bidding. Those actions prevented persons actually interested in the vehicle from getting it and created additional headaches and work and lost time for the seller. The gesture of offering to compensate the seller is admirable and more than most ebay losers offer but the fact still remains the potential buyers actions affected more than just the seller.

The potential buyer could have contacted the seller to cancel his bid before the end of the auction, he could have asked his mom/girlfriend/wife for permission before bidding, he could have not bid at all. In the end he broke his word and his contract, and while there may be legitimate reasons for those actions, the excuse we've seen here so far has been I've been busy and the seller has rightly called me a deadbeat, neither one holds much water IMHO.

As someone who has been screwed just like this more than once on ebay, I personally feel for the seller and have little sympathy for the winning bidder who did not pay!!!!

I have had much better luck w cl than w ebay. On cl I set the terms on ebay the buyer sets the terms and as we see above that's not a good way to do business.

fwiw I do not know the seller or high bidder and I am not interested in this car.
Old December 9th, 2014, 12:27 PM

It isn't like ebay is a new thing. We all know that if we bid that we are expected to pay for whatever it is if we win. You bid, you won, now pay.
Old December 9th, 2014, 12:48 PM

Nice looking car at a good price. Good luck with the sale.
Steve
Old December 9th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Unfortunately for you this is an 'open' forum and subject to exactly the type of reaction you're generating. FYI, oldsmobiledave is a respected member of this community and isn't in the wrong to voice his opinions any more than you or anyone else is. You entered the wolfs lair on this one all on your own. FYI there is nothing in this thread that requires an administrator to intervene.

Since it appears you actually were the one who won the deal on that 442 ebay auction and didn't follow through? IMO you deserve what you're seeing here. I've dealt with eBay buyers and sellers before and the ones who 'are just to busy' to look after their commitments on closed auctions have no respect for the process. Making someone wait several weeks with no action? Shame on you. Make the time. You did when you bid on the car.
Old December 10th, 2014, 01:10 AM

I think this is between bidder and seller to settle. Please don't allow this episode to tarnish this site - it's not like fraud was involved.
Old December 10th, 2014, 02:47 AM

Still have the car Thanks Bob
Old December 10th, 2014, 05:52 AM
morgan

what a righteous bunch here... no one knows what the circumstances were or are that the buyer didnt complete the sale or for that matter took a week or so to let the seller know...God forbid maybe his family was murdered, who knows?) and besides its nobody's business life goes on and the seller has his car... no need to call him loser, pond scum or deadbeat etc
Old December 10th, 2014, 07:02 AM
72 Olds CS

Pogo read the thread the seller stated the buyer backed out after winning and left him hanging. The buyer stated he was busy and felt wronged about being called a deadbeat.

I agree there can be circumstances that can delay a legitimate bidders paying on time, that doesn't seem to be the case here, also a quick note to the seller and any reasonable person would extend time as needed. In my experience every time I have extended time to pay, the bidder turns out to be a deadbeat bidder

It's anyone's business that uses ebay because no one wants to deal w a deadbeat bidder.
Old December 10th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Diego
I think this is between bidder and seller to settle. Please don't allow this episode to tarnish this site - it's not like fraud was involved.
It was a private matter till the buyer made it public. No one mentioned his screen name; he did that with his post. He could have left well enough alone and dealt with the seller privately. Fraud? Who said anything about fraud. This is about breaking a contract, which is equally damning. I fail to see how exposing a problem going to tarnish this site? Much worse has been discussed on C.O. than this.

pogo69 - X2 on what RetroRanger said ^^^.

The sad part about all this discussion is it's taking the thread away from the direction it needs to go - selling the OPs 442, since it appears that the original sale on eBay isn't going to be honored.
Old December 10th, 2014, 12:08 PM

Sorry, I'm with Pogo.
Old December 10th, 2014, 07:23 PM

If ones available funds are that close to being in the RED buy circumstances, then IMO one shouldnt be bidding. I also dont know his circumstances and dont know if funds were the problem. Being too busy to make a payment, but not to busy to bid it to a win? Sometimes I think some people bid feeling someone else will out bid them, maybe an attempt to drive up the price for someone they dont even know. I have bid and won a number of fairly expensive things on Ebay, including 2 67 442's, contacted the seller immediatly, and paid IMMEDIATLY. I would never bid if I didnt have the EXTRA funds to do so. If i thought for a minute that bidding and winning might put me in the Red or even near the Red I wouldnt bid. Not fair to the seller or other bidders. I do believe Ebay makes it possible to retract a bid.
Bad deal.
good luck with the sale.... again
Old December 12th, 2014, 05:53 AM
eds

Can't imagine what kind of reception the reneger was expecting to receive.

If some tragedy caused him to be unable to follow through, I'm sure the seller would be upset, but it would be understandable. If the non-buyer simply committed funds he didn't have or had second thoughts, I'm not sure what could be said other than a profuse apology and admission that his error had caused the seller inconvenience and expense.

Simply saying he was too busy, and intended to send a check for the seller's troubles? Seriously - how much time does it take to write a check and pop it in the mail? Heck, I'm sure if the seller had backed out with an immediate and unqualified apology, accompanied by a check for a couple hundred bucks, the seller wouldn't have been nearly as miffed as he rightfully is.

Personally, I couldn't imagine making a bid on ebay - or face-to-face - if I weren't 100% certain I had the cash to back up my words and intended to follow through on my promise. But I guess different folk think and act differently. Can make it tough to conduct business on the internet.

If you don't like being called a deadbeat, don't act like one.