Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

64 Olds Jetstar 1

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2014, 03:56 PM

64 Olds Jetstar 1

I have for sale a barn fresh 64 Olds Jetstar 1. I would like to sell complete for parts since the only person who might know where title is passed away 15 years ago. If someone is wanting to fix up this car, we can look into getting a lost title for it. Car is all complete except for front and rear bumpers. Car has not ran in over 25 years so motor and transmission condition is unknown. 394 starfire engine, auto trans with factory T handle shifter, factory tachometer on center console, factory air conditioning. Car has been sitting under cover my entire life so very minimal rust, body is straight, all glass in good shape. I believe all the trim pieces are with it inside. Interior is complete, but toast. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try to answer them. I do not want to see this car go for scrap. I would love to see it restored, but would also let it go for parts. The barn the car is in will be coming down soon and I don't want to let the car sit outside and rot. Make me an offer, I am motivated to get this car to a new home. I will try to upload pictures after I get a security token problem resolved.
Old October 11th, 2014, 04:27 PM

big, heavy

location matters...
Old October 11th, 2014, 04:47 PM

Does the car roll? Where are you? Thanks Pat
Old October 11th, 2014, 05:23 PM

Location is Southeast Kansas. Not sure if the car rolls or not. I have equipment that can get it out of the barn. My dad passed when I was young, the car was in there before then. I had thoughts about fixing it up myself. I have the skill, but lack the space, time, and budget.
Old October 11th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Kjr442

Originally Posted by wmsartin
I have for sale a barn fresh 64 Olds Jetstar 1. I would like to sell complete for parts since the only person who might know where title is passed away 15 years ago. If someone is wanting to fix up this car, we can look into getting a lost title for it. Car is all complete except for front and rear bumpers. Car has not ran in over 25 years so motor and transmission condition is unknown. 394 starfire engine, auto trans with factory T handle shifter, factory tachometer on center console, factory air conditioning. Car has been sitting under cover my entire life so very minimal rust, body is straight, all glass in good shape. I believe all the trim pieces are with it inside. Interior is complete, but toast. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try to answer them. I do not want to see this car go for scrap. I would love to see it restored, but would also let it go for parts. The barn the car is in will be coming down soon and I don't want to let the car sit outside and rot. Make me an offer, I am motivated to get this car to a new home. I will try to upload pictures after I get a security token problem resolved.
That happens to me too. I have to load pictures 3 at a time or less.
Old October 11th, 2014, 08:54 PM

pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMGP0806.jpg (65.2 KB, 112 views)
IMGP0807.jpg (58.0 KB, 103 views)
IMGP0808.jpg (78.7 KB, 109 views)
IMGP0809.jpg (89.7 KB, 120 views)
IMGP0810.jpg (93.6 KB, 105 views)
Old October 12th, 2014, 08:20 PM

Any chance you can get pics of the motor from both sides? Is the hood jacked or just the hinges? Thanks Pat
Old October 13th, 2014, 08:24 AM

How much are looking to get for it? I've got a 63 that i could use the parts for.
Old October 13th, 2014, 08:36 AM

The drivers side hinge has a bolt broke at the hood, hinges were both working fine. I'll get some pictures of the engine bay next time I'm out there. Everything is stock factory on it so it looks the same as any other jet star. I was thinking of around 2000 for a price but I am motivated to get it a new home so I will listen to offers. I'm wanting more than scrap price because I'm not wanting to see it sent to the reclaim yards.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:41 AM

Barn "fresh" with an under dash AC unit.
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:11 AM

That was how the car came with air conditioning. It was an add on from the factory. I'm sorry that the car isn't washed and waxed to your barn fresh standards. If you like the car, make an offer. Then you can wash it.
Old October 16th, 2014, 08:36 PM

If you can get the engine and possibly rear bumper/trunk photos, send them to dead@mchsi.com. I'm interested in rescuing the car. Pat
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Phantom Phixer

I was thinking of around 2000 for a price .......... I'm wanting more than scrap price because I'm not wanting to see it sent to the reclaim yards.
This makes no sense to me.
First, few people want a project car without a title. Just too many complications.
Second, the person that would part this car out will make money on it, however , they will have to transport it , disassemble it, and E-Bay/ Craig's list all the parts ( and warehouse them). THEY would be lucky to clear $2000 if they paid $350 for it. (scrap price for it in your area)
Old October 17th, 2014, 02:12 PM

I love critics. I said make an offer on it. I could apply for a title if the person was looking to fix up the car. i'm not set on a price. I don't want to see the car rust out sitting outside, but I would rather do it than see it taken to the scrap yard.
Old October 21st, 2014, 08:53 AM

. I'm sorry that the car isn't washed and waxed to your barn fresh standards.
I made my comment based on the fact it is a true barn find. No animosity intended!
Old October 21st, 2014, 09:48 AM

I love critics. I said make an offer on it. I could apply for a title if the person was looking to fix up the car. i'm not set on a price. I don't want to see the car rust out sitting outside, but I would rather do it than see it taken to the scrap yard.
Another option might be to leave it alone and let it rust away INSIDE.

Sure was quite a ride in its day!
Old October 21st, 2014, 10:02 AM

I apologize for snapping a bit. I get tired of people picking apart posts on forums just to stir up arguments when they aren't interested in the vehicle one bit. It sounded to me like you were expecting barn fresh to be one of those found under the cover kind of fresh that we'd all like to find.
Old October 21st, 2014, 10:04 AM

I'd let it rust away inside for now if it wasn't for the fact that when we get our first snowfall, the car will most likely have a barn roof sitting on top of it. I am going to get it out of the barn soon and was hoping someone fixing up a car might be in need of some factory parts that cant be bought anymore, like glass, trim, body panels, etc.
Old October 21st, 2014, 10:07 AM

As of right now, I have a family member that is interested in it, so he get's first chance. If something falls through on it, It'll be back available again. I have taken some more pictures of it, but haven't got them uploaded yet. I was not able to gain access to the trunk for lack of a key. Some animal has built a nice cozy home under the hood and filled it with hay and dried horse #2. I pulled the air cleaner and nothing has been past the filter.
Old October 25th, 2014, 02:42 PM

Car is sold.