Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

*1972 Cutlass 350/Auto $3200obo NJ*

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2014, 06:37 AM

*1972 Cutlass 350/Auto $3200obo NJ*

1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass
Primer with Black Leather interior
5.7 350 V8
Turbo 350 Auto
187621 Miles

Located in Hamilton, NJ 08691
Price is $3200 Or Best Offer
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 3F87H2G129713

Comes with a spare stock oem intake manifold, carb, and air cleaner. Extra set of used head cylinders are also included. Extra fuel pump, extra coil also included with purchase.

Primer Exterior: The worst of the exterior is the Passenger side quarter panel. Do not fear, a Full replacement quarter panel can be easily found for under $200. Besides that panel all the other panels on the car aren't bad at all. Please look through all the pictures to get a full understanding of the exterior condition. The trunk area has some rust as well, please see pictures. If there is a image that is unclear please contact me, I will be able to upload more pictures if needed.

Black Leather Interior: Front and rear black leather bench seats. Driver side of the seat is ripped and needs replace. Currently there is a Black seat cover to mask the driver seat flaw. The passenger side of the side is in great working order.
Headliner needs replacement. All the headliner material was removed, all the panels are still there no need to search for hard to find interior parts.

Radio works great. Tape deck also works great as well. The 2 speaks in the rear deck work, but could be use a replacement. Both driver and passenger door trims are still there, but could use replacing. Also the driver window and the Passenger rear window rollers will not stay on to roll the windows up(common problem). All four windows roll up and down manually with no issues.

All the gauges work, along with a summit racing Tachometer with shift light that works perfectly.

Dashboard is in great shape, No tears, No cracks. See pictures to see the hidden compartment(ashtray) in the middle of the dashboard.

Heating and A/C: The Blower motor makes a clicking noise when spinning. The Heat works very well. The A/C does not work currently. There was no condenser install, just the blower motor is working.

Lightening: All the Headlights work in get shape. All the tail lights and turn signals work in prefect working order. The High beam(pedal switch) works as well too. All interior gauge lights work. There is no Dome light and there isn't any trunk lights.

Brakes: Have alot of life left, Stops well. All the pads and drums are in great shape. Fresh brake lines all around the front as well.

Engine: 5.7 350 V8!!! What a lovely sounding Motor! Has a Edelbrock performance Intake manifold. Edelbrock 4 barrel Carburetor. 4-1 Headers. This car moves and sounds great when that Carburetor opens fully!
Recently changed the Coil, ICM, and Fresh Oil change. Mobil 10w-40 is currently being used.
No major leaks, No smoke at all.

Engine starts everytime. It will never leave you stranded.
Slight lighter tap(common 350V8 issue)
Nothing to hard to fix.

Transmission: Turbo 350 Automatic in great shape. Every shift is strong and precise. No slips, No Stalls, Great working transmission.

Suspension: Both the Shocks and springs are in great shape. All the swaybar bushings are intact along with the endlink bushings. The tires all have a good amount of life left as well. Please see pictures.

If there is anything unclear about this car please feel free to contact me anytime before 9pm Eastern Standard time.

Dave(609)246-0145
[/CENTER]

PhotoJul1011038PM.jpg
PhotoJul1011057PM.jpg
PhotoJul1024329PM.jpg
PhotoJul1024256PM.jpg
PhotoJul1024313PM.jpg
PhotoJul1024612PM.jpg
PhotoJul1024636PM.jpg

PhotoJul1095027AM.jpg
PhotoJul1094658AM.jpg
PhotoJul1094644AM.jpg
PhotoJul1094711AM.jpg
PhotoJul1024438PM.jpg
PhotoJul1024455PM.jpg
PhotoJul1024448PM.jpg
PhotoJul1024511PM.jpg
PhotoJul1024235PM.jpg
PhotoJul1023008PM.jpg
PhotoJul1022957PM.jpg
PhotoJul1023021PM.jpg

Last edited by OrdinaryCutlass; July 25th, 2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old July 25th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Your car is a base Culass as it's VIN indicates 3F. It was the lower end of the Cutlass line in 72. I think your interpretation of the rust issues isn't quite right based just on pics, but on the other hand you've done a great job posting pics that will give potential buyers a good idea of what they're buying. Good luck with your sale.
Old July 25th, 2014, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Your car is a base Culass as it's VIN indicates 3F. It was the lower end of the Cutlass line in 72. I think your interpretation of the rust issues isn't quite right based just on pics, but on the other hand you've done a great job posting pics that will give potential buyers a good idea of what they're buying. Good luck with your sale.
Hi Allan, Thank you for letting me know. I looked up the VIN Decoded and your right about that. In terms of the rust, I don't see any major frame rust which is excellent. Mostly body and trunk rust, But I will try and get more pictures of the rust areas as well. I hope someone enjoys this car as much as I do, Its such a blast to drive!
It's in ok shape and I still get tons of people that stop me wanting a picture or want to stroll down memory lane when their dad had a Cutlass.
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Runner

Originally Posted by Allan R
but on the other hand you've done a great job posting pics that will give potential buyers a good idea of what they're buying. Good luck with your sale.
X2.
Nice to see Allan not having to post "Pictures would be nice..." .

Good luck with the sale.