Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Feeler for 69 Cutlass S

Old July 21st, 2014, 11:01 AM
Red69CutlassS

Feeler for 69 Cutlass S

Hey guys, my wife and I just found out that we are going to be having twins in February so I am thinking about selling my car to help pay for some hospital bills and credit cards and such so I was going to post on here to see if anyone is interested or if you guys could maybe give me some feedback on if my price is too high or too low or what.

1969 Cutlass S 2door hardtop. Original 350 with automatic. Paint and interior have been redone. No major mechanical issues. Has non-original 3.33 12-bolt rear end. Still have original rear end to go with the car. A/C, Power brake, New magnaflow exhaust rear end bushings have been replaced. New headliner and rear deck cover. Going to ask $10,000OBO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
My Lass.jpg (24.2 KB, 125 views)
IMG_20130427_130721.jpg (102.4 KB, 121 views)
016.jpg (57.0 KB, 123 views)
Old July 21st, 2014, 12:24 PM
Runner

Congrats on the twins (and good luck!). Get sleep now.
Old July 21st, 2014, 01:56 PM
eds

Congrats and good luck.
$10k impresses me as right in the ballpark provided the condition is solid. No insult intended, but the bright red and white inside and out might restrict the market somewhat. So might not be a quiick sale. For someone who wants just that car, $10k could be an easy sale. Not so much if the buyer wants to tone down the interior...
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:08 PM
Red69CutlassS

I'm a little worried about the colors as well. I never planned on selling it. Told my wife that it just wasn't going to happen because this was my first car and I worked on it for about 4 years before I ever drove it. Since I wasn't ever going to sell it I just picked what I thought looked good at the time and I regret it now.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:24 AM
car nut farmer

10k isn't out of line for the right person.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:32 AM

Congrats on the twins! The price seems right in the ballpark. We had twins too and I sold off a lot of stuff over the years....now I wish I wouldn't have. The money you get will be gone in no time and you'll have nothing to show for your car that you love so much. It just wasn't worth it for me. It's ultimately up to you though, just wanted to share my experience.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by 79MKII
Congrats on the twins! The price seems right in the ballpark. We had twins too and I sold off a lot of stuff over the years....now I wish I wouldn't have. The money you get will be gone in no time and you'll have nothing to show for your car that you love so much. It just wasn't worth it for me. It's ultimately up to you though, just wanted to share my experience.
I'm with this guy. Once you sell it the money will disapear. A grand here, a grand there and really nothing to show for it. I made a rule a long time ago, the only way I will sell one of my toys is if the money gets directly rolled over into another toy.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 07:37 AM
eds

Only thing I'll add is the OP mentions credit cards and hosp bills. $10k only ges so far, but depending on one's overall financial situation, it might be better to start off parentage without debt, than with toys.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 07:47 AM
Senior Moment Member

You can sell the toys later. Sorry to see the twins already threw up on the interior. My Dad told me to never sell a car you really like. If you get really strapped for cash, launch it. Until then, keep it. Warning: This could cause friction with your better half.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:35 AM
Red69CutlassS

I wouldn't be selling my car if I could see any other way. My wife will be quitting her job because her income would barely cover childcare for 2 infants. She doesn't want me to sell the car but it is between my old car and her new car that has a warranty and 4 doors. Thank you guys for the feedback. I have a few small things I want to fix and cleanup on it before I officially list it but if anyone is interested or knows someone that is I have a ton more pictures of it, including before and during the resto. Thanks again.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gert3116
I wouldn't be selling my car if I could see any other way. My wife will be quitting her job because her income would barely cover childcare for 2 infants. She doesn't want me to sell the car but it is between my old car and her new car that has a warranty and 4 doors. Thank you guys for the feedback. I have a few small things I want to fix and cleanup on it before I officially list it but if anyone is interested or knows someone that is I have a ton more pictures of it, including before and during the resto. Thanks again.
I understand where you're coming from, believe me. Just be sure to use the money wisely. I just kept the cash around the house for a while and we kept spending a little here an there. When the money was gone I felt terrible. I love the idea of buying another toy with the money, but like you said, you need the money for other things. Pay off some debt with it but just make sure you can't rack that debt up again...like a credit card, for example. Been there too! Rolled some credit card balances into a home refi and then ran the balance up on the cards again!

So babies due in February.....Do you know if you're having boys or girls?

Last edited by 79MKII; July 22nd, 2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 03:59 PM
Red69CutlassS

I hope we don't run into debt again. I made bad decisions a few years ago and now I'm paying for it with my car. Hopefully I learned my lesson. We haven't found out yet if they are boys or girls yet. From what our doc says it is most likely going to be a high risk pregnancy with my wife on bed rest for the last month or two of the pregnancy. So at this point it doesn't matter to me as long as the babies and my wife are ok.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 04:08 PM
Administrator

I traded my Corvette for my son and never looked back. Good luck with the sale, and enjoy the kids while they are young and growing up. You can always replace the car later in life when the kids are older. You have the right train of thought about being financially responsible and staying out of debt.

Good luck, with twins and your wife... you'll need it.