Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

For sale/trade 1972 cutlass supreme, 455/400 trans----->>>

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2014, 02:16 PM

ADDED PICS----For sale/trade 1972 cutlass supreme, 455/400 trans----->>>

Ok, so I am kind of testing the waters here. I have a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. It has a nearly flawless body and paint, with NO rust. Many new emblems and stainless trim has been installed. Although not the original color, black was not offered in '72, only as a special order, the work is awesome. Door jambs, under hood and all has been painted. The interior is nearly finished. Has new carpet, headliner, trim, visors. Console and seats are great, with only the drivers seat showing wear. The interior is black. I have everything to put the air conditioning back in the car. The heat works. I have a tilt wheel, correct for the year, just needs installing. I am ordering new tires tomorrow for it. I have a complete extra set of Olds rally wheels that were painted at the same time the car was, they look great. All the electrical works as should. The console has gauges from the previous owner, which look great. It has the correct shifter and console also. The glass on the drivers door and passenger door need replacing, they are horribly scratched. I believe the previous owner was unsure on how to put the doors back together. When I bought it the door panels were off and all adjustments were way off. That has since been corrected and the power(yes, factory power) windows and quarter windows work.
Onto the engine... It is a built Oldsmobile 455. It has a 'quiet' gear driven camshaft. Which has just the right amount of whine to it. The engine was built approximately 4,000 miles ago. The camshaft is a 284/296 duration, 541/.544 lift. It has a Torker intake and 800 cfm Holley carb. Headers and dual exhaust round out the incidentals. It has an electric fan, and a big radiator. She runs all day under 185F! I believe it has 4.10 gears and before I sell or trade I will verify this. The transmission has a shift kit in it and it hits nicely in second and final gear. The suspension could use some work. I wanted to put on some heavy sway bars, some 17 inch wheels and box the lower control arms in the rear. That will only add to the value of the car. This might get done before the car is sold/traded.
I figure I am going to start at $14,000 for a trade value. This car really is in awesome condition for the age. It sounds even better and gets looks everywhere it goes. It is very streetable and extremely powerful. It will shred tires as long as you hold the pedal down. I really don't need to sell it or want to, put sometimes things change. I lost my dad last week, and things aren't the same around my house. I guess I am looking for less of a project/garage queen/cruiser car and more of something I would feel like driving to work three days a week if I chose to. Don't get me wrong, this car can do it. I feel It is just more of a collector...antique kind of car. Oh, I forgot to mention that this car has approximately 54,000 miles on it, original.
What I am looking for:
-A NICE 1984-1993 Foxbody Notchback coupe Mustang. It needs to be equally nice. I don't want a show car. But with that said the paint should be good and the interior very clean. I prefer an original interior, not something to hacked. I want the engine to be built and the drivetrain as well. I don't want something that is leaking power steering fluid and oil everywhere. My car doesn't leak a drop of anything and it is 42 years old, so yours shouldn't either. It should have good tires and interior and be streetable. I will entertain cars from $9000-$14,000. I believe I have a nice collector. You won't find many in this condition.
If you want to offer a trade---send pictures when you ask---or I will ignore the offer.:yes1:
I am very busy. I work around 60 hrs/wk and with the death of my dad just last week, I have a lot going on. So please, only serious offers. If you consider contacting me, that tells me you are seriously interested in trading. I don't mind answering questions or taking additional pictures, just please be patient. I have five kids and a wife, and I love to spend time with them. I am an honest, God-fearing person and will give you the absolute truth with whatever you ask me, do me a huge favor and give me the same courtesies.
Email is best for initial contact.. jnaarnold@northstate.net
I will be posting pictures from a different computer. This may take a day or two.

DSC_8691_zps137edf8d.jpg

DSC_8694_zps7a25ecb7.jpg

DSC_8701_zps66c88a4c.jpg

DSC_8709_zps66878f1b.jpg

DSC_8689_zps230404ad.jpg

DSC_8685_zps23a91257.jpg

DSC_8708_zpsf42cce23.jpg

DSC_8690_zps08eb871f.jpg

CUT1_zpsa6f5c235.jpg

CUT2_zps27ff2231.jpg

Last edited by jnaarnold; May 22nd, 2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 02:39 PM
Runner

Nice look car! Good luck with the sale.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Just my opinion, I would keep the Cutlass and put an overdrive trans in it for some better fuel economy. Your car looks very nice and it seems like all the hard work has been accomplished already. I'd finish it and drive the hell out of it, your car is meant to drive not sit in the garage.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 04:37 PM

I like your car. Sorry about your Dad I know how tough that is. I might be a cash buyer if that interests you.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fummins
I might be a cash buyer if that interests you.
Looks like it was valued at 12.5k (or less) recently
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...s-supreme.html
Old May 22nd, 2014, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by ddd777
Looks like it was valued at 12.5k (or less) recently
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...s-supreme.html

It was, but I don't know if that is really relevant, unless you're trying to make something out of that...not sure where you are going...?

Anyway, by the time I get done with the tires, the interior and other cosmetic areas...who knows, might be worth more. I forgot to mention I have a boxes of new parts from Year One and Fusick. I also have a Suburban full of used parts...things like refinished seat parts, duplicate engine parts, glass, stainless trim, emblems, interior parts galore, etc.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Just my opinion, I would keep the Cutlass and put an overdrive trans in it for some better fuel economy. Your car looks very nice and it seems like all the hard work has been accomplished already. I'd finish it and drive the hell out of it, your car is meant to drive not sit in the garage.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

I have actually thought about a six speed behind it! If things turn around, I might keep it and you will see it in the build section. I have already been eyeing a set of TSW Snetterton wheels, some aluminum heads and Hotchkis suspension parts!!