Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1972 Cutlass s lil ole lady estate survivor car

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2014, 09:47 AM

"It is nice to say that it still has all 5 original rims and it has never been switched over to a super stock rally wheel of any kind..... price is with rally (superstock 2) wheels. "

Costs more with the original wheels?
Old June 8th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

IDK? Maybe the seller figured it would just have more appeal and is adjusting to the lack of response from the market?

Here's the part I don't get...
These cars are getting harder and harder to find in this type of original state. It is nice to say that it still has all 5 original rims and it has never been switched over to a super stock rally wheel of any kind
All that said, I don't think the seller is misrepresenting this car; in fact, he's doing everything reasonable to make sure all the information is disclosed. Just needs to tighten up on his editing is all I can see. Kind of hard to follow that blog as 1 paragraph.
Old June 8th, 2014, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
It's funny to see the ad says the car has never been switched over to SS wheels even though it's wearing new shoes and rubber. Price has dropped to 10,900.00
Yes price has dropped and it is sporting new wheels and tires to make it more appealing. I apologize for not re-wording the ad.
Old June 8th, 2014, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Octania
"It is nice to say that it still has all 5 original rims and it has never been switched over to a super stock rally wheel of any kind..... price is with rally (superstock 2) wheels. "

Costs more with the original wheels?
no..the price was adjusted a little while ago and it has new wheels as a bonus. I didn't think it was too tough to follow.
Old June 29th, 2014, 08:21 AM

$9900
Old June 29th, 2014, 09:22 AM

Nobody likes these cars more than me; hardtop, convertible, and/or post. Finding one in un-touched "virgin" condition is a bonus! I love them when some teenager hasn't modified said cars with Hi-Jackers and Thrush mufflers (I'm giving away my age here, all you young whippersnappers have no clue what I'm talking about). If this was a Chevelle, chances are it would have changed hands many times over the years and be a BigBlock SS with matching numbers!!! (Yes I'm being cynical and sarcastic!)
"Ten Large" for a car in this condition is more than fair and someone will be getting a great car with many more miles and smiles to come. Good luck with the sale and lets hope the new owner is a member here or becomes one.
Old June 30th, 2014, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Siltman
Nobody likes these cars more than me; hardtop, convertible, and/or post. Finding one in un-touched "virgin" condition is a bonus! I love them when some teenager hasn't modified said cars with Hi-Jackers and Thrush mufflers (I'm giving away my age here, all you young whippersnappers have no clue what I'm talking about). If this was a Chevelle, chances are it would have changed hands many times over the years and be a BigBlock SS with matching numbers!!! (Yes I'm being cynical and sarcastic!)
"Ten Large" for a car in this condition is more than fair and someone will be getting a great car with many more miles and smiles to come. Good luck with the sale and lets hope the new owner is a member here or becomes one.
Thanks for the comments..I at am my final price for this car. I wish i could sell it on here to someone who can appreciate a nice no excuse olds. just looking at that pristine trunk floor inside tells one that it was never a rusty car. so many have the $7000 cash in hand mentality. Well usually those cars still need a ton and they'll soon find thay have $17,000 invested in a car they thought was a bargain. Saw you sold your convert, that looked like a nice one.
Old June 30th, 2014, 04:42 PM

Hated to see it go, but it was a storage nightmare. I can store and work on three cars in my garage, and the convertible was #4.
Old June 30th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Administrator

It's a very nice car, however Richard (gearheads) may be on to something, put a set of mags on it and it may sell for a higher price quickly. Look at the difference with Macadoo's car, basically the same thing.
Old June 30th, 2014, 06:54 PM

What is interesting for me is to see the green colored dash with the light colored seats , headliner and light yellow exterior . I always wondered about the green dash in my 72 with the original saddle bronze exterior , it didn"t make any sense to me to have those colours together for the combination. Now that I see that car , a green dash must have been a somewhat standard colour to use for GM back in the 70's. By the way I think it's in great shape for the age and should be scooped up by someone with 10 grand to spend . There's nothing to do to it that a body shop would need to be involved. Just some TLC with a rattle can and lots of time to clean her up , then jump in and just drive it .
Old July 1st, 2014, 10:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

The recommended interior colors are specified in the 1972 Dealer Ordering Guide and 1972 SPECS booklet. Those publications also say that Baroque Gold is a recommended color upper for a Bamboo lower color two tone car. Dark green interior is also a recommended option for those combinations.

The color combinations are completely in line with Olds recommendations for this model and it's a lovely example of an original looking car.
Old July 1st, 2014, 03:01 PM

I would have never ordered green for my interior that's for sure !!
Old July 1st, 2014, 06:04 PM
Oldsmobile enthusiast

A set of 24s, tint the windows, thumpin stereo, and some candy paint will set it off.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 05:34 PM

When this car sells, everyone will be saying I should have bought it.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 07:53 AM
eds

Sweet car. No AC, right?
Old July 5th, 2014, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by 61reoldsman
What is interesting for me is to see the green colored dash with the light colored seats , headliner and light yellow exterior . I always wondered about the green dash in my 72 with the original saddle bronze exterior , it didn"t make any sense to me to have those colours together for the combination. Now that I see that car , a green dash must have been a somewhat standard colour to use for GM back in the 70's. By the way I think it's in great shape for the age and should be scooped up by someone with 10 grand to spend . There's nothing to do to it that a body shop would need to be involved. Just some TLC with a rattle can and lots of time to clean her up , then jump in and just drive it .
The dash is not green. It is brown as it matches the carpetand kickpanels. It was a different hue from earlier years. It may look that way but is not green.
Old July 5th, 2014, 10:42 AM

I'm not sure how it all got started but I was thinking the dash was green too. Sure doesn't look like it now that I see it again.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cutlass dash not green.jpg (42.8 KB, 182 views)
Old July 5th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmm, I just noticed the light diffuser on the left side of the steering column, and the T44 hood lock. So that means it also has the accessory lighting (went and looked at the rear view mirror pic with light to confirm that). The T44 is a really nice option and has a special 2 piece cable for 71/72.

I love the look of this car just as it sits. I'm sad no one wants it even at the lowered price.
Old July 5th, 2014, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Hmm, I just noticed the light diffuser on the left side of the steering column, and the T44 hood lock. So that means it also has the accessory lighting (went and looked at the rear view mirror pic with light to confirm that). The T44 is a really nice option and has a special 2 piece cable for 71/72.

I love the look of this car just as it sits. I'm sad no one wants it even at the lowered price.
I agree. I guess it's a reflection of the classic car market right now. It's a super clean car.
Old July 6th, 2014, 10:21 AM
eds

No AC, right?
Old July 6th, 2014, 10:30 AM

If you look through the thorough photographic documentation linked on the first page, you will see that it is a non-AC car.
Old July 6th, 2014, 09:47 PM

If I was in the market for another car, I would jump on this one in a heartbeat! My 71 Monte, my first car that I have owned since 86, is solid sandalwood which is the same color. Mine has saddle interior(buckets/console) so interior color is close. They would look great together but I have way too many cars and projects right now. If I can get rid of about a dozen or so I might be able to look at another car. Good luck with the sale, hope it goes to a great home!

Last edited by orange442; July 6th, 2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old July 9th, 2014, 12:58 PM

$9200.With hubcaps and whitewalls. need the room and dodn't think at first it would still be around this long. taking it to a swap-corral this weekend 1 1/2 hours away this weekemd. maybe a new audience will help. If someone drove this car....it would sell itself. jason.
Old July 12th, 2014, 11:00 PM

Sold
Old July 13th, 2014, 02:48 PM

Somebody got a nice deal. That's a nice car.

Last edited by olds_freak; July 14th, 2014 at 04:50 AM.