Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1964 cutlass convertible rare & original

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2014, 05:29 PM

1964 cutlass convertible rare & original

1964 Cutlass Convertible Rare / Original Classic for Sale

Visit my website for lots of photos www.selling-my-car.com

RARE 1964 Convertible Oldsmobile Cutlass F85. A JUST FULLY RESTORED 50 year old antique. Matching numbers and completely original! 600 miles on Rebuilt 330 ci “Ultra High Compression” engine, rebuilt “Jet Away” auto trans, rebuilt 4 barrel Rochester carburetor, new white paint and convertible top, completely new black upholstery, re-chromed bumpers, highly polished original aluminum grill and body moldings, new Coker 1″ white walled tires, spoked wheel covers, new brake system, underbody painted, new rumbling Flow Master muffler, and much, much more new. This rare American Classic is ready to proudly drive and win shows! Original owner documentation, manuals, original warranty “Protectoplate” and lots of paper provenance. Fully documented and photographed 500 hour restoration book included.

Take a look on NADA.com and Hagerty Insurance web sites to confirm the asking price is appropriate. Another 64 Cutlass convertible is hard to find, one in this ORIGINAL AND EXCEPTIONAL condition is next to impossible. Looks beautiful, runs and drives FANTASTICALLY.

Full coverage Classic car insurance is as low as $200/year. Check your bank for full purchase amount low % finance rates. $34,500 is my starting price so please feel free to make any reasonable offer! This beauty is located just south of Philadelphia PA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (90.7 KB, 124 views)
64 Olds Cutlass Front.jpg (70.6 KB, 61 views)
Top down lets GO!.jpg (82.7 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by 64ragcut; February 7th, 2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old February 4th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Registered Luser

Car is beautiful.....but what's "original" about it?
Old February 4th, 2014, 05:45 PM

Thanks! It has matching numbers rebuilt engine, trans, and I paid full attention to restoring it to be as it rolled out in 1964. It might be easier to answer by listing what is not original being wear items like tires, belts and so on. Now all new. Did you check out my website?
Old February 4th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Registered Luser

Yes I did! Extraordinary! Cutlass emblem on the trunk needs to go for the purists, but, I would be proud to own it! Good luck with the sale!
Old February 4th, 2014, 06:44 PM

Thanks for your kind words. I must say that I really enjoyed the whole restoration and I'm looking forward to the next one. It kept me off the couch and with a bonus of dropping 20 pounds doing it. Also thanks again to those members who helped me with replies to a few questions that I had along the way. Dave.
Old February 5th, 2014, 06:15 PM

the jan/feb issue of "Old Cars Price Guide" has this listed in
Number ONE condition at: $18,000

there is nothing better than a condition one
Old February 6th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 64ragcut
It has matching numbers rebuilt engine, trans, and I paid full attention to restoring it to be as it rolled out in 1964.
Um...

Can you post photos of the numbers that "match"?

Hint: Olds didn't use a VIN derivative stamp on the block and trans until the 1968 model year. Do you have the Protect-O-Plate? This will at least tie the engine and trans unit numbers to the VIN.
Old February 6th, 2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Um...

Hint: Olds didn't use a VIN derivative stamp on the block and trans until the 1968 model year. Do you have the Protect-O-Plate? This will at least tie the engine and trans unit numbers to the VIN.
some 64 65 muncies had vin derivitives stamped in the case, not sure about the slush boxes though
Old February 6th, 2014, 01:05 PM
delete

Originally Posted by grouchyandugly

If you are just offering that to undermine the guy....STAY OUT OF IT

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Um...

On his web site it shows a bunch of documentation including a protecto-plate.

Good luck with the sale. It looks to be a very nicely done car.
Old February 6th, 2014, 04:32 PM

Hey thanks for your questions and interest. I can restore a classic but yet have figured out how to post a profile pictures. My good friend took all of my restoration photos and made me a website to display the cutlass.
Check em out at www.selling-my-car.com.
There you will see the Protectoplate and the photo of the engine head serial number that does match. Please visit the site and enjoy the photos.
As I wrote, and please check it out, NADAguide.com National Automobile Dealers Association has this car valued as follows:

330/290 HP V8 Engine add 15% 15% 15%
TOTAL PRICE: $2,984 $10,580 $23,460 $37,145

Hagerty Insurance website has a similar value.
As I wrote my STARTING PRICE is $34,500 and I am absolutely open to any reasonable offer.
Feel free to ask more questions. Thanks for the compliments!
Old February 6th, 2014, 05:50 PM

The valve covers should be gold as the engine block. One major thing is the car appears to be missing the aluminum wheel well moldings. I do not think anyone with a true interest or desire would pay over 20 thou for a 64 Cutlass conv no matter how nice it is and this one is nice.
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by grouchyandugly

Just as there are rules here for sellers there are also rules for people that feel the need to comment about price. The For Sale Sticky Reads:

No thread crapping. If you think something is over priced the seller will usually figure this out pretty quickly.
How about you give the guy a break. You haven't seen the car. If you know anything you'd know the Old Car Price Guide isn't worth a crap. If you really feel the need to put your two cents worth in then send him a PM
Old February 6th, 2014, 07:33 PM

I kinda feel like Rodney Dangerfield..."Hey, what a tough crowd" lol. No problem though.

About the valve cover, yes I know they should be gold but I took just a touch of creative liberty to match them to the proper 64 OEM OLDS air cleaner color. Thought it could use a splash of color under the hood. Easy enough and likely fun for the new owner to change to gold if wanted.

I do have the "Original" wheel well moldings that will go with the car but two are a bit dinged so I kept them off. Also can't find new replacements for a 64. Anyone know a good molding banger or a link to new replacement wheel well trims?

About the price. As I wrote and wrote again, I have to START somewhere being $34,500 and I welcome ANY repeat ANY reasonable offer. If you have one let it rip, if you don't, thanks for checking out the website. I obviously posted it here to find the right new home and new proud top down owner of a great rare 64 convertible, but also for all Classic Olds fans to enjoy the site!
www.selling-my-car.com

I'm confident in my work and car and welcome All questions.
Thanks again.
Old February 6th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Good luck with your sale. All it takes is someone to fall in love.
Old February 7th, 2014, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by 64ragcut
I kinda feel like Rodney Dangerfield..."Hey, what a tough crowd" lol. No problem though.

I do have the "Original" wheel well moldings that will go with the car but two are a bit dinged so I kept them off. Also can't find new replacements for a 64. Anyone know a good molding banger or a link to new replacement wheel well trims?
Those moldings are made out of a very rare substance called "Unobtainium" becasue they did not hold up well at all. Since they are aluminum they can be straightened fairly easily. If you check Hemmings there are ads there from guys who do this work.
Old February 7th, 2014, 08:38 PM

Love your Vert .

This is my " take " on this wonderful car . First , find one of these to start with , and then put your heart and soul into it . Second , IMHO , there is a good chance it will be well north of 35 k to finish anywhere close to this level .

That pretty much sums it up for me . Great colors , thorough attention to details , very rare foundation to start from .

I'm still recovering from my Barrett - Jackson overload . I think 8 "claimed" W - 30 sightings as original . 1 of the 8 only had the " possibility " of being a real car . That is getting to be very tiresome parade . There are very few known and proven cars out there , AND , I think this is just a really nice AND honest car .
Good luck with your sale ! Really nice execution . Have somebody fall in love , both sides will benefit .. Hope the new owner shares this same passion . Thx , JT
Old February 7th, 2014, 08:52 PM
The Rocket Astronomer

non air car... just put some 442 emblems and a 4speed and turn that 20k car into a Barrett - Jackson 34k overload... the hell with being honest if you want 34k... thats my 2 cents.
Old February 8th, 2014, 12:58 AM

Thats a beautiful car,it seems that the 68-72 model years get the most attention.Good luck with your sale.
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:37 AM

Here is a photo of all the documents and unique items that go with the sale of the Cutlass.

Close up photos of documents are now up for viewing at www.selling-my-car.com
Attached Images
image.jpg (120.3 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by 64ragcut; February 15th, 2014 at 06:31 AM.