Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 442 very original but needs minor,work drives like new

Old May 17th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Runner

Although I don't like what he is doing (jacking up the original price), I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Many people make careers about finding things for sale and knowing how to reach the more interested market (ex finding Cutlass deals on CL and posting them on popular Olds forum).

Unfortunately, people that do this make it difficult for people like me ( with small muscle car budget) from finding projects cars they can actually afford to get into the muscle car hobby.

This is one of the reasons why I made my site (www.oldsmobilecentral.com) to where people can post any car (Oldsmobile only obviously) they have for sale for free and the price they want. Just trying to bring classic Olds to good homes.

I actually saw that car on CL a few months ago but didn't post it unfortunately :-/
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:00 AM
72 Olds CS

Originally Posted by tulah007
I really can't understand why my description of this 442 is so much in question.
I have been in the Autobody industry for over 15yrs.

If u wanna ban me please feel free to do so.
I really don't care.
I don't think anyone wants to ban you, the description while maybe based on info you had available at the time of posting should be updated to reflect the actual condition of the car that's really all. This car looks like a great project in save able condition, it's not Craigslist many members are very knowledgeable specifically in Olds so its not hard to spot known trouble area red flags.

Drives like new
No rust
No rivets do not appear to be accurate

Originally Posted by Johnd
So the owner wanted $6500 and probably would have sold it for $5500 and this guy wants $9700 - $4200 profit for flipping and old car without doing any work. I am in the wrong line of business
Absolutely nothing wrong w that it was on cl anyone could buy it, he did and is making it available to anyone again at a value he feels is appropriate, the op ( or any seller) needs to accurately reflect the car condition in the ad

Selling an old car car can be a lot of work!!!
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
Absolutely nothing wrong w that it was on cl anyone could buy it, he did and is making it available to anyone again at a value he feels is appropriate, the op ( or any seller) needs to accurately reflect the car condition in the ad
What leads you to believe he owns this car, and if not, has a broker agreement to sell it?

What I think is he saw this car on CL and is realisting it here without the owner's knowledge.

What say you, tulah007????
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Runner

Originally Posted by allyolds68
What leads you to believe he owns this car, and if not, has a broker agreement to sell it?

What I think is he saw this car on CL and is realisting it here without the owner's knowledge.
What say you, tulah007????
If the above the case is what is going on, is there still anything wrong with that (legally speaking?). If someone here wants it for 8k, the OP buys it for the original owner for 6k (ish), then makes his 2k profit. I don't like the process, but it seems like being a car dealer. Just needs to make sure he is as honest as possible and doesn't end up selling something that isn't as described.
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:46 AM

if he says hes been in the body business for 15 yrs and calls riveted on patches "proffesional"that to me taints his credibility
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:38 AM

I agree with Steven. It's one thing to sell a car for a profit, it's another thing to try to run a scam. I would hope that we all could continue to work together to shin a little light on these ads. Making money isn't the issue, but for Pete's sake, buy the car before you try to sell it.
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by Olds442redberet
I agree with Steven. It's one thing to sell a car for a profit, it's another thing to try to run a scam. I would hope that we all could continue to work together to shin a little light on these ads. Making money isn't the issue, but for Pete's sake, buy the car before you try to sell it.
I don't have a problem with making a profit. I would not do it but don't even have a problem with selling before you buy. Its the bull crap description of the car and still trying to say it was a different car after another member shows the pictures of it parked in the same spot.
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:59 PM

i dont think theres a oldsmobile in the world that this site doesnt know about , glad its here!!!
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:12 PM
442=A perfect 10

Regarding this deal.....Run Forest, Run! JMHO
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Take a look at the 67 he's selling in another post. Gotta read the whole thing though. Key words 66 - 4-spd.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...330-4-spd.html

Last edited by oldcutlass; May 17th, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:35 PM

When I read 383 6-pack a red flag went off. Mopar never offered a 383 with a 6-pack from the factory. I suppose it could have been a dealer option or added later though.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by stevengerard
From the pics it looks like the exact same car down to the splotch of grey primer on the drivers side rocker panel.

Who ever sent you the photos of the car seemed to purposely leave out any clear view point of the front of the drivers side fender as the one 1970supremevert shows with the large dent.

look at the houses and stairs....same brick houses and cement stairs in background.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 08:38 AM
Senior Moment Member

Originally Posted by TripDeuces
When I read 383 6-pack a red flag went off. Mopar never offered a 383 with a 6-pack from the factory. I suppose it could have been a dealer option or added later though.
I was thinking the same thing. If this guy isn't a charlatan he is close.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Johnd
So the owner wanted $6500 and probably would have sold it for $5500 and this guy wants $9700 - $4200 profit for flipping and old car without doing any work. I am in the wrong line of business
No, you are confusing asking price with selling price.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:11 PM

Is the guy that posted this car the same guy that answers your Craiglist ad where you are selling a car and offers to sell it for you?
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM

And here is the craigslist ad...

http://frederick.craigslist.org/cto/3806056624.html