Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

**Three 1970 W30s**

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2013, 12:40 PM

*Three 1970 W30s for sale*

Three of my four 1970 W30s are for sale. I'll give a brief description of each car.

All three of these cars are Broadcast Card Documented W30s!
All three are non-post, non-vinyl top cars in great color combinations!
All three are 4-Speeds!

#1 - Rare 19-19 Black car with black bucket seats. I have talked to a previous owner who knew the original owner of this car. I was informed that this car is an original white stripe car and that it is also a factory spoiler car. At some point in the past the car was repainted Rally Red. The car is rough and needs a complete restoration, it is currently a roller with a non-original 1970 455 block in it from a Lansing car. The heads, intake, carb, and distributor are not on the engine; however I have a set of "F"heads and an original W30 intake that will go with the car. Transmissionis a '72 Muncie 4-speed. Rearend is a TO 3.91.
Price is $30k.

#2 - This is a special order Sebring Yellow 4-speed car with a black bucket seat with console interior. This is also a Rally Pac car. Engine is numbers matching. All of the W30 specific engine parts are there except for the 7040256 carb. The heads, intake, 1111977 distributor are all there. The W and Z exhaust manifolds and the heat stove and riser tube are also still on the engine. All of the OAI parts are original and function. The Muncie transmission is not original. The rearend is a TO 3.91. It appears that someone started work on this car but for some reason they quit. The frame is original to the car and it is in EXCELLENT condition, as are the floors, the trunk, and the inner wheel houses. When I first bought this car I noticed that the carpet seemed a little damp, it turned out that the windshield was leaking a bit; to be sure that the floors stayed nice and dry and in great shape I removed the carpet. Car has both original 1970 flat lip fenders which will need work in the lowers. The quarters will also need some work in the lower and lip areas. The doors and deck lid look like they're off of a Cutlass. This W30 runs very strong, no excessive smoke or unusual noises. I actually drove this car around a bit last summer. When you get on it a little - the rearend digs in, the nose comes up, and your head snaps back; this car will set you back in your seat. It needs restoration, but this Sebring Yellow 4-speed W30 is almost all complete and the base is exceptionally solid.
Price is $35k.

#3-Platinum Silver 4-speed car with black stripes and black bench seat interior. This is a numbers matching W30. This car is well along in the process of a concourse body-off rotisserie restoration. This was a VERY nice solid car to begin with. Work will continue to completion unless somebody were to offer me......???
Price is $90k done.

I am not a dealer, nor am I restoration shop owner doing and flipping these cars for a living. I am just a private owner who happens to love all classic cars.....the 1970 442 W30s just happen to be my favorites. Please, no offense to anyone here, but I really prefer to discuss details over the phone; I'll send pictures out to guys that are serious enough to call. With my "two finger typing skills" I just don't have the time to sit at a computer and peck out a lot of long detailed responses... I'm sure many of you can relate to that.

If you have serious interest in any of these W30s please give me a call.

Thanks.
Ken
608-790-5196

Last edited by Ken442; May 4th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old May 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM

Nice group of cars, good luck with the sale.
Old May 4th, 2013, 01:32 PM

X2 Nice stable good luck
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:40 PM

I've seen the #2 car in person...It is as he describes and a good runner.

Did you get your T/A sold Ken? That car is gorgeous! good luck with the sale!
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:38 PM

Thanks guys.

Hey Chad, been awhile! Hope all is well.

The TA is down in Charlotte at RK Motors. Instead of dealing with selling that one myself I decided to consign it instead. We got a down payment on it about three months ago, but the buyer said he needed until May 14th to raise the balance of the money. However, since you just asked, I just now checked their web site and I see that they have moved the car from the Current Inventory list with a "Sale Pending" tag on it, over to the Sold Inventory - Top Sales of 2013 list. RK must have just received the balance of the money. How about that! I'll have to give them a call on Monday and find out if it's a closed deal.

If anyone would like to see a description, detailed pictures, and a video of my - maybe for not much longer - 1969 Trans Am, follow this link to the car:

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sal...rans-Am/133042

The 69 TA will give you a good idea of the standard of restoration that the Platinum W30 will be held to.

By the way Chad, your car is looking awesome!!!

Last edited by Ken442; May 4th, 2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:27 PM
NôôB

BEAUTIFUL 69 sir, Would love to get my hands on that Sebring Yellow W-30 but I am missing the important factor, money lol. Would look amazing next to the Rallye 350. Good luck with your sales and they seem to be a decent price on all 3
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:19 AM

Sounds like a great group and for the first time that I can remember, the seller specifically asked for any pertinent questions be handled via a phone call.
Yohoo!!! for the seller here, IMO. When cars are advertised, people with NO intentions chime in with the comments, (usually derogatory) and makes the sale that much tougher. I applaud the seller for saying this in his ad/post! The #2 car sounds very appealing to me because of the Sebring Yellow. I'm not looking for any W-30s now, but again, my hat is off to the seller.
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:59 AM

Yea sicky, the 69 Trans Am turned out really nice, I do like that car.....but not nearly as much as I like these Oldses. The 50s, 60s, and early 70s Oldsmobiles, across the model lineups, to me anyway, just seem to be better built cars than the competition was putting out. There were certainly cars out there that were quicker, cars that were flat out faster, cars that would hold the road better etc... But when you look at all of those things together as a package, and then factor in the build quality and interior trim and comfort, I don't think there's any question about it; Olds had em all beat.

And Dave, yea I had quite an experience awhile back over at ROP when I put my Gold W30 up for sale, I tell ya, there were some real dandies over there; most guys were really cool, but there were a couple of em...ughhh **face palm head shake**

I just think it's a whole lot more productive to interact directly, a lot more information can be exchanged that way...the added bonus of course is avoiding the aforementioned clowns.

This place seems...so much more....... civil.
Old May 5th, 2013, 05:08 PM

ken do you have pic's of the silver w car on this board ? if not . can you post thanks !
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Runner

post pictures of all of them together! impressive collection.
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:07 AM

Any bites on these cars Ken?

Thanks for the compliment on my Cutlass! The paint is on and he had it color sanded with one quarter polished Friday night. Then it's off to the upholstery shop for the new headliner and hopefully be able to enjoy it this summer!