Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

!!!!1972 cutlass 442 tribute convertible!!!

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2013, 05:49 AM

!!!!1972 cutlass 442 tribute convertible!!!

1972 cutlass 442 tribute convertible, 79k miles, fresh rebuild 6 months ago, this car was not patched up to sell, original metal everywhere except hood, very clean and no rott, the underside of the car doesnt even have undercoating to show no patches and how solid this car really is, it was a southern car, call steve 1-773-331-6273 $18,000
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
new pics 118.JPG (68.8 KB, 181 views)
new pics 120.JPG (68.1 KB, 148 views)
new pics 121.JPG (74.1 KB, 155 views)
new pics 123.JPG (72.8 KB, 146 views)
new pics 126.JPG (88.3 KB, 151 views)
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:47 AM
72 Olds CS

Wow I like that green color w that saddle interior color ! Good luck w your sale
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:39 AM

What engine and rear end?
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:07 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by droptop1
1972 cutlass 442 tribute convertible, 79k miles, fresh rebuild 6 months ago, this car was not patched up to sell, original metal everywhere except hood, very clean and no rott, the underside of the car doesnt even have undercoating to show no patches and how solid this car really is, it was a southern car, call steve 1-773-331-6273 $18,000
If its all you say then that should be a steal for someone. If I didn't already have all my money tied up I would tempted to to enjoy it through the spring with a for sale sign until I made a few bucks.
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:45 PM

That would be a good stablemate for my '72 442 Sequoia Green w/ Saddle int. What color are the stripes? Tan? Gold? Mine are '72 Saturn Gold. I didn't want side stripes for several reasons. Can you tell me more----what kind of hood? Engine specs? How fresh is drivetrain? Location?
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hurstmuscle
What engine and rear end?
350 rocket, stock open rear end
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by gearheads78
If its all you say then that should be a steal for someone. If I didn't already have all my money tied up I would tempted to to enjoy it through the spring with a for sale sign until I made a few bucks.
ill help on shipping if you change your mind
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

In 1972 almost any of the Cutlass line (except sedans and CS holiday) could be ordered with the W29 442 appearance and handling package, and any of the Olds engines could be part of that package. I see you've opted for the W30 stripes instead of the 3 stripe W29.

No center console with buckets was a real possibility with the CS vert and the W25 hood could be dealer ordered and installed.

It's a beautiful looking car. Any shots from head on and tail? IMO it's nice to see you representing it as a tribute. Well done.
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM

That is a sweet looking ride! Is that original interior? If not, who supplied it?
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by scrappie
That is a sweet looking ride! Is that original interior? If not, who supplied it?
im not sure, i bought the car like that, i dont want to sell but going thew a divorce so i have to sell it
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear that..(just tell her the car was totalled and store it at a friends house till the mess is over)
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear that..(just tell her the car was totalled and store it at a friends house till the mess is over)
i cant the courts have record of it already
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:52 PM
car guy

i cant the courts have record of it already
I'll buy it for $100.00 and sell it back when the time is right
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by gearheads78
I'll buy it for $100.00 and sell it back when the time is right
lmao yeah rite, cant do that, shes no fool and has car backround and courts pulled value of the car already, they told me to sell it for 20k and i said thats to much even tho its worth it, for a quick sale i said $18k or close to that price
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

LOL nice try Richard. I doubt the courts would allow it to be sold grossly undervalued. Wouldn't you just love to be the 'car guy' judge in this case?

Just wondering - Did you have it appraised? Reason I ask is the only real options I can see on the car are the OAI hood (if it's OEM) and the SSIII wheels. The rest of the car is standard 72 Cutlass Supreme vert. For a big D I would set the value lower for obvious reasons.

The NADA price guide for this car suggests around 13,600** and the Collector Car valuation guide says 13,900* for a car in this condition, but certainly not 20K. The courts are nuts if they want to sell it for that much.

*15,200 based on #2 overall condition. Subtract 8% for no AC
**NADA says to add 10% for the 350 4bbl engine, but I don't see why because that's the standard engine, not an optional choice. So I ignored that.

If your soon to be 'ex' really has car knowledge she should prove it by guaranteeing to sell it for 20k.
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM

LOL nice try Richard. I doubt the courts would allow it to be sold grossly undervalued. Wouldn't you just love to be the 'car guy' judge in this case?

Just wondering - Did you have it appraised? Reason I ask is the only real options I can see on the car are the OAI hood (if it's OEM) and the SSIII wheels. The rest of the car is standard 72 Cutlass Supreme vert. For a big D I would set the value lower for obvious reasons.

The NADA price guide for this car suggests around 13,600** and the Collector Car valuation guide says 13,900* for a car in this condition, but certainly not 20K. The courts are nuts if they want to sell it for that much.

**NADA says to add 10% for the 350 4bbl engine, but I don't see why because that's the standard engine, not an optional choice. So I ignored that.

If your soon to be 'ex' really has car knowledge she should prove it by guaranteeing to sell it for 20k.
WOW what a way to kill a sale on my car, it has some 442 options and EVERYTHING is new, bumpers, interior, top, moldings, glass, weather stripping, this is all factoy metal except hood, NEVER had patches, floors, quarters man!! ok sorry i just thought maybe you guys could help me out, NOT put down what i own
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:36 PM

ALSO were in my post did i put CLONE 442??? i said TRIBUTE meaning 442 accents!!I really didnt excpect you to pull up nada prices of my car on a posting of me trying to sell my car for $18k, so why u would say in the sane post its only worth 13,6k is behond me, it just so happens i had someone pm'ing me interested in the car BEFORE you posting of the value of my car and he just now pm's me offering 14.6k an almost $4k lowball from my $18k that im asking!!! thanks alot bud!!
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I really didnt excpect you to pull up nada prices of my car on a posting of me trying to sell my car for $18k
You really think I'm the only one who would pull up old car prices and look at them? All intelligent buyers do that to get a benchmark price that's open to negotiation. I wasn't TELLING you what it's worth, reread what I posted; I said the guides SUGGESTED those prices. Didn't realize you would be so hostile about comments that you know will inevitably be raised by someone, whether me or another member. There is nothing I've said in any of my posts that is detrimental or sarcastic to your car or youself.

it just so happens i had someone pm'ing me interested in the car BEFORE you posting of the value of my car and he just now pm's me offering 14.6k an almost $4k lowball from my $18k that im asking!!! thanks alot bud!!
You obviously don't have to accept the offer and can hold out for what you want. I didn't tell people what to offer you. 14.6K is only 3.4k short of what you want so hang in there and negotiate.

WOW what a way to kill a sale on my car, it has some 442 options and EVERYTHING is new, bumpers, interior, top, moldings, glass, weather stripping, this is all factoy metal except hood, NEVER had patches, floors, quarters man!! ok sorry i just thought maybe you guys could help me out, NOT put down what i own
No one put down your car, myself included. It's a beautiful car. What 442 options does it have?? There's NOTHING but the badging visible in your pics. Having new parts on the car is a plus, but it's not the deciding factor on what it will sell for. Just FYI, most of the cars that sell for more money have more options, plus the console shifter.

This forum is open to comments of all kinds. Mine were honest in nature and I'm sorry I didn't take into account that they could adversely affect your sale. I won't post on it again. Good luck with your sale and your divorce.
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:08 PM

You really think I'm the only one who would pull up old car prices and look at them? All intelligent buyers do that to get a benchmark price that's open to negotiation. I wasn't TELLING you what it's worth, reread what I posted; I said the guides SUGGESTED those prices. Didn't realize you would be so hostile about comments that you know will inevitably be raised by someone, whether me or another member. There is nothing I've said in any of my posts that is detrimental or sarcastic to your car or youself.

You obviously don't have to accept the offer and can hold out for what you want. I didn't tell people what to offer you. 14.6K is only 3.4k short of what you want so hang in there and negotiate.

No one put down your car, myself included. It's a beautiful car. What 442 options does it have?? There's NOTHING but the badging visible in your pics. Having new parts on the car is a plus, but it's not the deciding factor on what it will sell for. Just FYI, most of the cars that sell for more money have more options, plus the console shifter.

This forum is open to comments of all kinds. Mine were honest in nature and I'm sorry I didn't take into account that they could adversely affect your sale. I won't post on it again. Good luck with your sale and your divorce.
Yeah bud thanks for the luck but you kinda messed that up already, this is my fist time posting on this site and just became a member, but i clearly see now i will not be able to sell it hear cause its people like you that have to stick there two sense into things even thow its not your place to do so!! maybe if you brought this stuff up about my car dont have this my car dont have that or this is wong and that is rite in another section of this site maybe it woulda been ok, but a for sale section?? Not cool!! if i woulda asked for the help about my car i woulda paid you two pennies for your two sence!! thanks for the apolgy but its alittle to late, my car wont sell here now thanks!!
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:29 AM
eds

Wow, awesome car. Should get $50k easy!

Is that more of what you wanted?

Sorry, man, you should have checked this site out more before posting if all you wanted was puppies and butterflies.

But if you want honest opinions, and a good deal of expertise/experience about all things Olds, you can look long and hard before finding a better place than this.

You really have a beautiful car. To the right person at the right time, it could be worth $18k - especially with spring coming. Heck, I'd even consider it at close to that price - especially if it had the console shift and AC.

Last edited by eds; March 16th, 2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by eds
Wow, awesome car. Should get $50k easy!

Is that more of what you wanted?

Sorry, man, you should have checked this site out more before posting if all you wanted was puppies and butterflies.

But if you want honest opinions, and a good deal of expertise/experience about all things Olds, you can look long and hard before finding a better place than this.

You really have a beautiful car. To the right person at the right time, it could be worth $18k - especially with spring coming. Heck, I'd even consider it at close to that price - especially if it had the console shift and AC.
I have the floor shifter and cable, just need console, and yes no a/c $17.2 and its yours
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:03 AM
eds

I'll keep it in mind.
Hoping to be able to pull the trigger by this summer.

Here's a similar car I saw offered.
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:12 AM

C'mon guys, give Steve a break. What he is going through is bad enough---no need to make it worse for him. I really like the car and talked to him about it. Currently, my timing is bad due to MAJOR back surgery on March 27th. If all goes as planned and the car is still available after recovery, there is a possibilty of me taking ownership. It looks (from his description and pics) to be well on the way to completion and will make someone a nice car, maybe me. Now that the price is $17,200.00, it looks even better. Try building that car for that price---"it ain't happenin'".
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:29 AM

Beautiful car! I'd be seriously interested if it had a 455 swapped in. Good look with the sale and sorry to hear about your situation!
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hurstmuscle
Beautiful car! I'd be seriously interested if it had a 455 swapped in. Good look with the sale and sorry to hear about your situation!
Thank you
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:05 PM

guys i hate to do this but first one with $17000 its sold to you
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:07 PM

another pic very solid car, never floor pans or patches
Attached Images
undercarrage.jpg (46.4 KB, 54 views)
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:01 PM

Nice car at a good price. If I wasn' already into a 72 vert resto I would be giving you a call. I will end up with a lot more in mine than you are asking.
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Senior Moment Member

I live in Chicago and am interested. PM sent.
Old March 17th, 2013, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by z11375ss
I live in Chicago and am interested. PM sent.
pm returned
Old March 17th, 2013, 07:02 AM
eds

lmao yeah rite, cant do that, shes no fool and has car backround and courts pulled value of the car already, they told me to sell it for 20k and i said thats to much even tho its worth it, for a quick sale i said $18k or close to that price
Crazy thought, but how about in the settlement you give the car to her, valued at $20k. Heck, give her a deal and value it at $19.5!

Just saying, as so many folk say so often, anything is worth only what someone is willing to pay at any particular time. I wish you the best at this trying time. But if she and her representatives think it is worth some certain price, let them go through the effort of getting that price.
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:15 AM

My cutlass hit reserve at $17,000 on ebay and still has 1 day and 5 hours left, if anyone is still interested please bid on ebay for your chance to own it, i promise you this car is solid and clean