Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 W30 4 Speed Project For Sale

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2013, 06:29 AM

Well......at least the roof won't need to be replaced.
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM

When I recently listed my 71 w30 0n Ebay I don't remember posting a vin. W cars can bring out the characters I'll tell ya. I should figure a way to post a message left for me on my cell phone from a guy wanting a professionally done Zerox color copy "actual size" of my broadcast card. During the Ebay sale, I never had anyone care what my vin number was maybe because I had the original block included in the add. Knowing what I know now. Posting the actual vin seems risky to me, I would change a few numbers if I had to on a collector car. Then the loser calling you with the original block is exposed for what he is. As long as I'm shooting my mouth off, I also get annoyed by people who think they can ask how much you payed for a car or part, or what you sold it for. It's none of anyone's business. You find a freak deal and buy a 12 bolt posi for $200 and your friend finds out and he needs one, he expects it at cost. And if you charge him $500 he still feels screwed. They forget about all the junk you bought over the years that ended up a wild goose chase or junk and unusable. Sorry I was on a roll and couldn't stop.
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:26 AM
L69

This is why boys, I dont post vin numbers or matching broadcast card and body numbers. Dont forget the scammers are always one step ahead. I have also seen cars online where the owner states sorry dont have a braodcast card but have a zerox copy that I made 20 years ago. Who the heck xerox copies of their braodcast cards back them. Most people found them and threw them away.
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:27 AM
L69

x2,

Originally Posted by MN71W30
When I recently listed my 71 w30 0n Ebay I don't remember posting a vin. W cars can bring out the characters I'll tell ya. I should figure a way to post a message left for me on my cell phone from a guy wanting a professionally done Zerox color copy "actual size" of my broadcast card. During the Ebay sale, I never had anyone care what my vin number was maybe because I had the original block included in the add. Knowing what I know now. Posting the actual vin seems risky to me, I would change a few numbers if I had to on a collector car. Then the loser calling you with the original block is exposed for what he is. As long as I'm shooting my mouth off, I also get annoyed by people who think they can ask how much you payed for a car or part, or what you sold it for. It's none of anyone's business. You find a freak deal and buy a 12 bolt posi for $200 and your friend finds out and he needs one, he expects it at cost. And if you charge him $500 he still feels screwed. They forget about all the junk you bought over the years that ended up a wild goose chase or junk and unusable. Sorry I was on a roll and couldn't stop.