Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1964 Oldsmobile Starfire

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2013, 08:12 PM

1964 Oldsmobile Starfire

394 4 barrel 345HP White with red interior

Click link at bottom for a lot of detailed pictures
We bought this car from the original family around 2000. The car has 125, 5xx miles. It was my father's car, but he passed away a few years ago. I am an avid Oldsmobile fan, but I just don't have a lot of desire for this car. There are some frame rot issues that were patched in the four corners where the cab sits. They are not professionally done, but are very secure. The rear bumper was also amateurely repaired for some minor rust issues. There is a slight dent on the front driver side fender as well. And it looks as though something fell on the trunk lid right on the round of the edge of the lid, as there is a small dent there too. Interior is VERY nice. The drivers seat does show wear, but the interior is in overall VGC. Starts right up and runs very nicely. There is a slight hiccup with the carb when punched. May be accelerator pump adjustment. Many spare parts. Some documentation. Car is in over all good condition. This is a very rare car, as you all know. I'm not hard up to sell it, but I would like to move onto other projects. I'm asking $5900 but open to offers. Possible trades plus your cash too.

Good
- Very straight
- Drives beautifully down the road
- Most chrome VGC except issue with rear bumper
- Everything there
- Good tires
- Very nice interior
- Floor boards solid
- Engine very sound
- Trans works well for slim jim

Bad
- Frame rot issues in cab corners.
- Some driver side quarter rot under chrome
- Trunk lid rot on edges
- Minor chip in windshield
- Minor surface rust over much of car.

Feel free to ask any questions or contact me at shyloh.hoffman@sbcglobal.net for more info.

e0f30bb5-22a5-4973-a8f8-d13506601afb_zps26d271e0.jpg

Tons of pics at this link
http://s1097.photobucket.com/user/Sq...?sort=6&page=1

Last edited by 64OldsSarfire; July 11th, 2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:02 PM

Still here.!
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:02 PM

Cant seem to get emails to you direct.
Can you send detailed pics of the damage both topside and frame repairs. Also, interior, trunk, and engine bay? Where is the car located? Thanks Pat dead@mchsi.com
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:08 PM

That looks like a decent car. Good luck selling it.
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by deaddds
Cant seem to get emails to you direct.
Can you send detailed pics of the damage both topside and frame repairs. Also, interior, trunk, and engine bay? Where is the car located? Thanks Pat dead@mchsi.com
Will Do. I will have the car out this weekend and take all requested pictures with a much better camera. I am located about 25 miles west of Chicago.

That looks like a decent car. Good luck selling it.
Thank you.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:52 AM

Updated ad......
Old June 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM

What's a price that would sell this car??
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:48 PM

Honestly after going through the photos, there are numerous body issues as well as the frame issue that point to an extensive restoration being needed and thats a very expensive proposition for these big cars with no remanufacture support. Its a #4 car all day and an excellent candidate to restore but these cars will generally sell in the 4 to 5K range IMO. Assuming the mechanicals including AC all operate properly, its still an easy 15K cosmetics job inside and out without any fabrication work. With the frame rust it would be important to eval the brake/ fuel lines unless those have been recently done as they would have been exposed too. I'm not trying to brow beat but after doing 3 of these cars, I've learned most of the pitfalls in the 64s and still have a Jetstar1 and Fiesta wagon to do!
Old June 12th, 2013, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by deaddds
Honestly after going through the photos, there are numerous body issues as well as the frame issue that point to an extensive restoration being needed and thats a very expensive proposition for these big cars with no remanufacture support. Its a #4 car all day and an excellent candidate to restore but these cars will generally sell in the 4 to 5K range IMO. Assuming the mechanicals including AC all operate properly, its still an easy 15K cosmetics job inside and out without any fabrication work. With the frame rust it would be important to eval the brake/ fuel lines unless those have been recently done as they would have been exposed too. I'm not trying to brow beat but after doing 3 of these cars, I've learned most of the pitfalls in the 64s and still have a Jetstar1 and Fiesta wagon to do!
Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback. I would really like to see this car go to a true enthusiast rather than putting it on CL and seeing what could potentially happen to it. Especially in the area I live in.

With that being said. Would anyone care to make an offer on the car? OFFERS???
Old July 11th, 2013, 07:23 AM

Still for sale...$5900