Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

selling my car

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2012, 11:46 AM

selling my car

hey i'm wondering what a good price for my car is. iv had it for a will and loved it every day, i just bought a house and need to make that my project and not my car any more.

http://classiccartradernet.com/class...lando,-FL.html

this has some good pics of what it looks like now.

if you have seen any of my threads you know that iv done a lot of work to it but i dont know if that will translate to me getting more money out of it.

Thanks guys
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:21 PM

I think your price of $3800 is probably about right. The car is not in bad shape, but from what we can see, the paint is faded and worn right off on the trunk lid, and the upholstery looks like it has seen better days. The fact that it's a four-door sedan doesn't help, either, as the four-doors just don't command the interest and money that the two-door coupes and convertibles do. But the body overall looks solid, and the trim looks good as well.

The Old Cars Price Guide puts the value of a '70 98 four-door sedan (regular sedan or "luxury" sedan) in #4 condition (runs and drives but needs complete restoration) at about $2300. In #3 condition ("car show" but not showroom), the value jumps to about $5300. I'd say your car is better than #4 but not up to #3, so where it falls in the middle is what's up for debate. From what we can see, I'd say it's no better than 3.5, and half-way between $2300 and $5300 is $3800, which is exactly what you're asking.

So go for it and see what happens!
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:21 PM

I agree with jaunty, its a very cool car and I think a perfect color for a 98. That said its a big car with limited market. Seems like four doors were not appreciated until the '94-'96 SS Impala's. Yours needs work and those cars are not easy to find repo parts, most are found on the used market. The old adage makes sense though, it is easier to lower your price than to raise it.