Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

73 delta 88 convertible hurst

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2012, 06:22 PM

73 delta 88 convertible royale

phone pics 014.jpg

phone pics 113.jpg

phone pics 115.jpgHello all,

I'm selling my fathers 73 Delta 88, Great condition garage kept. I moving across the country and unable to take with me. My mother needs the garage space so I can't keep there. All original parts. New radiator,water pump,starter, carb,alternator,plugs & wires,cap & button,fuel tank,sending unit,brakes and tires. Very clean interior. Top is very clean but cable to move top has broken and door panels will need light work. For some reason I can't post pics here. Feel free to email me for pics or call. I'm a real person and hate to sell. michaelburks@gmail.com or 336-899-0399 I will be moving next week and have to move. Asking $10,000 obo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2012-10-26_17-41-52_428.jpg (52.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg
2012-10-26_17-40-43_900.jpg (65.6 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by mburks; November 10th, 2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Pics are up
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:28 PM

And where is the association with Hurst?
I see NOTHING!
Engine and options might help.
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rickman48
I see NOTHING!
But it made you look, right?
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:31 PM

Yeah - I hate that!!
Looked for nothing.
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Oldsdruid

Hurst-Delta connection are the 1974 Indy Pace Cars and the 1976 Royale Crown Landau.

I think Michael may have mistakenly made that connection to the 73 car.

M, you any kin to Jeff and Brian Burks?
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Very nice looking car, but not much of a market for them now. You might have to settle for an OBO. You probably already know that the money you put into it won't make it worth that much more. The list you compiled are 'must have' or safety items that don't add a lot of value - they are core expectations. The non functional top does hurt its value.

Don't get the wrong impression that I'm beating down the car, I'm not. I'm just looking at it the way any buyer would. Most sellers always look on the high end especially if they're emotionally attached to the car.
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Rickman48
I see NOTHING!
Yeah. Hurst what?

These cars were only offered with an automatic transmissions, and there was no Hurst engine or performance option offered for them.

I looked because I was wondering what Hurst thing the owner had added, but, as Rickman said, Nothing.

- Eric
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM

It's listed as Hurst Olds package on the paperwork. If I'm incorrect my apologies.
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Very nice looking car, but not much of a market for them now. You might have to settle for an OBO. You probably already know that the money you put into it won't make it worth that much more. The list you compiled are 'must have' or safety items that don't add a lot of value - they are core expectations. The non functional top does hurt its value.

Don't get the wrong impression that I'm beating down the car, I'm not. I'm just looking at it the way any buyer would. Most sellers always look on the high end especially if they're emotionally attached to the car.
No worries my man. Just looking for fair and best offer on it. Came here b/c you guys have a ton more info and knowledge then myself and plus you guys would appreciate the Olds name. There is a guy on ebay that has all the parts for top (motor and relay) to make work. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1975-Ol...sories&vxp=mtr
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by mburks
It's listed as Hurst Olds package on the paperwork. If I'm incorrect my apologies.
Which paperwork? I'm curious.

We'd all like to know whether this car has some sort of a "series of one" option on it - they do turn up. Hey, there's a guy on here whose Cutlass was painted Chrysler purple at the factory.
What part or parts were supposed to be "Hurst"-related?

- Eric
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:57 PM

If you could post a copy of the paperwork we'd be interested in it. Maybe this is something we've not seen before.

John
Old November 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R

Originally Posted by MDchanic
Which paperwork? I'm curious.

We'd all like to know whether this car has some sort of a "series of one" option on it - they do turn up. Hey, there's a guy on here whose Cutlass was painted Chrysler purple at the factory.
What part or parts were supposed to be "Hurst"-related?

- Eric
Eric,

I think I was incorrect about the Hurst package but, I grab the title and double check. I looked up the VIN (3N67H3M427871) but, it doesn't mention it . Sorry for all the confusion guys. But thank you letting me know. Anymore question please let me know!
Old November 11th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Oldsdruid

3N67H3M427871

3= Oldsmobile Division
N= Delta Royale
67= convertible
H= 350-4 barrel single exhaust (not Hurst, if this is what you were going by)
M= Lansing MI assembly plant
427871= car sequential VIN

Allan's right though- November isn't the time to sell a convertible though we understand about needing to move the car. How close are you to Raleigh? they're having the Raleigh Classic auction over at the State Fairgrounds next month if you want to go that route http://raleighclassic.com/new/about.php
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:35 AM

I saw the car show and I live in Winston Salem which is not far. However I have to move this week. I wish I was here a little longer but, what can do when your job says we are moving across the country and we want you to go. Thanks for info and if you no anyone please let them know about the car. Again thanks too everyone.
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

If you'll be bringing the car with you, then by all means post up where you're headed, as members there may be interested.

Also, does that air cleaner whistle on hard acceleration, with those holes drilled in the top?

- Eric
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by rocketraider
3N67H3M427871

H= 350-4 barrel single exhaust (not Hurst, if this is what you were
I think you meant 350 2bbl? Should be the 160 hp single exhaust. That would also be consistent with the design of the air cleaner snorkel.

Originally Posted by MDchanic
Also, does that air cleaner whistle on hard acceleration, with those holes drilled in the top?
Never seen that done before either. Somehow I doubt it will create a whistle though - too many of them and they're fair size diameter. Would have been better to just flip the lid and wing it down IMO.

Hope the car goes to a good home - these are all small issues a new owner could address.

Wasn't 1974 the first year for a Delta 88 vert to be badged with Pace Car status?
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Oldsdruid

I stand corrected. I was thinking there were no 2-barrel 350s in 1973 but that was 74.