Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

FS:1970 442 and all the goodies with it

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Arrrggggg

FS:1970 442 and all the goodies with it

6900.00 CASH. No trades at this time.
SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY PLEASE. I don't have a ton of free time anymore with work and the new house so please no tire kickers. That said, respectfully unless you have the cash and want to run right over and buy it, please be patient when asking questions it may take a bit to respond with everything on my plate. Thanks.

1970 442 Base with bucket seats, console, rally pack. Miles are 71,243 according to BMV record search I had ran. So I did an extensive search on this car because I wanted to know history as much as I could. So I put the leg work in and got it. The guy Eric got it from Titled and registered it in March 1987 with another person on title. When titled it was listed at 71,109 miles. In November of 1987 the title was changed to him only and the registration was not renewed. When he re-titled in his name alone he listed 71,243 miles. So it was last drivable in 1986 legally. Which also corresponds to items in glove box of that same year. I found parking pass for 87, found registration and insurance for 87 with miles listed and an NHRA parking/pit member pass for 87. Car has not bee legal to drive on the road since that time.

So it would be very safe to assume like the other cars Eric picked up this one driven very little and then parked for whatever reason. Everything I have removed from the car was stock including shocks and brakes. Still has the factory QA markings on the firewall.

Car was originally bench seat with column shift. Sadly it still retains the steering column for column shift with the shifter removed. So to make it a true console it would need a new column. I'm sure most of you know this car, it belonged to Eric, it was sold on Ebay, guy never came and got it, I ended up buying it for same price. I have since dropped a stupid amount of money into it fixing almost everything that was wrong. It will come as it sits as well as with a nice stash of extras. I will list it out as best as I can but feel free to use the search if you have questions outside of what I list as this car was well documented.

Car will come with motor thats in it as well as the numbers block thats been cleaned, painted and sitting on a stand. I don't know anything else about it outside of what Eric had told me. That was the original owner turned timing up to far and burned a whole in a piston or valve. I put a mini snake cam in every piston and they look extremely clean and damage free. So not sure what the deal is. I am including it as the numbers block that may need rebuilt or you may get lucky.

This is a list of upgrades and or extras on the entire car since buying it.
Edelbrock performer air gap
(Current engine is early 70's 455 with big valve C heads.)
Edelbrock 800 cfm performer carb
Edelbrock valve covers
Holly chrome breather
Davis Unified billet blueprinted distributor HEI
Lunati 60805 cam, lifters and pushrod kit
Cloyes double roller gears/chain kit
Headman headers
Magnaflow 3.5" stainless stell full exhaust with X pipe
Edelbrock water pump
Aluminum billet adjustable mini racing starter
New battery
Radiator overflow jug
4 core aluminum radiator
Power steering reinforced lines(PS pump has the single groove pully)
Tubular upper/lower control arms
Moog upper/lower ball joints
Billet adjustable sway end links
Moog front springs
Sensa-trac premium shocks on all 4
AGR Billet quick ratio gear box(makes steering so much better)
(Complete brake kit all the way around)
Rotors, Shoes, Pads, Drums, Spring kit, Calipers, Hoses, bearings, Lines, distribution block, master cylinder, etc ALL NEW.
Goodmark Repo backing plates for front(never installed)
Package Tray(never installed)
Head liner(never installed)
Heater Core(never installed)
Carpet
17" Torque Thrust M wheels (black on polished Lip) Mikey Thompson Street Comp tires on all 4. 300 miles on them all.
Rear bumper(repo good quality)
OAI hood(Glasstek) w/ repo locks from TPP
Door handles(repo but nice)
Full rear disc conversion kit from SSBC
Full weather stripping kit, doors, roof rail, trunk, hood etc.
Half window chrome trim/weatherstripping kit. Repo but decent quality parts.
Pioneer high quality HD radio in glove box w/ 6x9 speakers in rear
Tie rods, center links, bushings are all new on front.
Fresh alignment done 3 weeks ago.
I also have a set of factory 14" wheels and the original spare in trunk if you want to switch back from the aftermarket wheels/tires.
Currently has the chrome turn down tips on it however I have another sit of chrome tips for side exit as well as an original set of trumpets for the car. The trumpets were much smaller than the magnaflow exhaust so I didn't have them installed as it would look like crap going from 3.5" down to the little trumpet diameter. Also, the guy who welded the exhaust didn't do the greatest of jobs. He left a few spots that didn't get welded. I will more than likely get this taken care of before it sells but in case I don't I am throwing it out there.
I also have a full exhaust header wrap kit that will go with the car. It's a double roll with all the hardware.

That is just SOME of the new parts I have put on it since I bought the car from Eric not to mention all the small parts I had to get like trim pieces and such.

The current rear end is a 2:78 Posi out of a 68 Supreme A/C. The factory 3:42 started making noise in the bearing so with the help of Scott I yanked it and for the temp I placed in this highway rear. The factory rear needs a new bearing job done. The insides of the rear housing and the differential it's self is clean enough to eat off of. It appears that sitting for 20+ years caused bearing issues IDK. I just know the bearing on axle has a flat spot on it and either way it needs freshend up. Miles on car show low but with it's age who knows really.

Interior is in decent shape. I went throuygh it all when I bought it. Scuffed floor, fixed a few small issues and por-15 complete floor pan. Front buckets need re-covered but for now I have seat covers on them. Back seat is the same, needs recovered but for now it will work and is decent. Door panels are in decent shape as well. Console has a couple small cracks but I fixed them and reinstalled it. Dash was replaced as it had a crack in it Scott did the swap and the dash he installed is decent it just has 2 small holes in front where someone had a compass installed. Radio was never cut so it will hold a factory. Sport wheel is in super nice shape with some grain and not sticky.

The radiator top metal piece needs replaced. It was messed up when I bought the car so when i placed the 4 core in it I modified it more. In all honesty it just needs to have a 4 core plate installed off another car. I have all the trim for this car including wheel well chrome, window, drip, etc. Some has been installed but the rest hasn't. Some has extra's and all is in great shape. Have the original of everything including the hood, and all engine parts. Body had a small scrape on it since I bought it I have scuffed and glazed over the spot. Car is decent enough paint for a driver if looking to restore complete then obviously a repaint is in order.

Engine runs extremely well. When I bought the car it had the wrong cam, broken fulcrum just all kinds of mess. I have since fixed everything on the engine and added a ton of after market goodies. This car(with the 3:42) is a beast!. I honestly have never had such a torque monster of a car before. after getting it tuned just right and carb set this baby has so much power. No noise from motor, doesn't over heat, I mean it's just a monster of a car. Will make a nice car for anyone and the price is more than fair on this. I have tried to list everything out on it I have done. The rest can be seen or searched on here. Frame is in decent shape I had it rust proofed so no matter what it will never rust any further and whats on there if any, is supposed to be neutralized. I did a quick restore on tail light housing they look new. ALl lights on car work and bulbs are all new. All windows roll down and everything is in working order.

I am asking 6900.00 for the car and I am pretty firm on the price. I might wiggle a little but I doubt it, just depends on the day and mood. I don't "need" to sell the car and it's not hurting anything to sit. I just want to move on to something else is all.

There are plenty, I mean plenty of pictures of this car on this website. I sadly lost almost all my pictures when my phone was crushed a few weeks back. All I can do for now is link to the pictures on here.

P.S. I have a set of F heads as well as a set of Edelbrock Aluminum Heads. Edelbrocks are brand new never installed. F Heads are a set I got off some motors I was given. I will NOT include these with the car, HOWEVER, I will possibly let the new buyer pick these up at an additional cost. I AM NOT interested in selling these separately so please don't ask. Deal only goes to new buyer. However I reserve the right to retract this offer and keep them haven't really decided what I want to do with them or if they will go on my next project.

When I bought it
100_9154.jpg

2 Months ago after new tires but not with hood

Some newer ones. Hood has been painted flat black so it looks pretty damn sick on the front of this car.

Last edited by Creativeindy; October 14th, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:53 PM

PM sent
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Arrrggggg

^^Sent ya one back bud. Thanks
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:40 AM
"Trying to fix her right"

442 for sale

Hi, where are you located in Indy? Also do you have the link for more pics of the car? Thanks, Dave
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Arrrggggg

Originally Posted by dfire25
Hi, where are you located in Indy?
NE side of town, Geist Resivoir.

Also do you have the link for more pics of the car? Thanks, Dave
Originally Posted by Creativeindy
There are plenty, I mean plenty of pictures of this car on this website. I sadly lost almost all my pictures when my phone was crushed a few weeks back. All I can do for now is link to the pictures on here.

Last edited by Creativeindy; October 15th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM
"Trying to fix her right"

Thanks, I found the pics
Old October 15th, 2012, 08:53 PM

Looks to be a decent deal and I would be interested if not so far away! I'll just have to find something hiding out here in CA! Good luck with the sale
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:47 AM
eds

Thanks, I found the pics
Any chance you could link them?
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Arrrggggg

Possible pending sale Local. Feller left a substantial refundable deposit on it and I gave it 48 hours to decide. Not sure if it will sell to him on account of his reluctant wife who thought the money was better served on a newer vehicle with air bags and a 4 cyl. LOL
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:48 AM
eds

Originally Posted by Creativeindy
...reluctant wife who thought the money was better served on a newer vehicle with air bags and a 4 cyl. LOL
Hey! I got one of each of those - both the reluctant wife AND the 4 cyl airbagger! (sigh)