Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

listed 70 W-30

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2012, 08:38 AM

listed 70 W-30

for anyone that didn't see it listed on my thread about it. here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/oldsm...orcev4exp=true
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_9975.jpg (80.3 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by jensenracing77; November 18th, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Aww, Eric
I thought you were going to keep that car. What happened?
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:49 AM

this is the one i was getting running and road worthy to sell. i am keeping the W-27. i will be keeping another W-30 that i got. i think i only ever posted two picture of it and that was on the barn find thread. i have to relocate that one for winter, i will start a thread on it when i dig it out of the garage.
Old October 11th, 2012, 02:14 AM

reserve has been met
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:27 AM

Congratulations & I'm sorry at the same time.
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM

i agree. it is very much a mixed blessing. as much as i would like to keep it i just can't keep them all. the good thing is, after this car sells i will be over 90% paid off with the other W-30, and many parts left over. i won't be able to sell the other parts for enough to restore the other car but it will cover some of it.
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

With 3 more days to go, let's see if you can't get 110% paid off on the other W30. Fingers crossed for you!
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Registered Luser

Good luck Eric!
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:04 AM

I really like that car Eric, wish i had a chunk of extra change lying around and i'd buy it in a second. Looks like it needs a good home.

Except... i'd paint it bamboo... *Gasp*
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:36 PM

the buyer has not responded in any way yet. i tried to contact him 2 times with no reply. there is only another 24 hours for the deposit to be received. what happens if i don't hear anything? do i still have to pay the eBay fee? i guess i should just see what happens in the next 24 hours. I would think if someone just got a car they would be in contact with the seller before now.
Old October 15th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Just an Olds Guy

If he doesn't contact you in the stated time he's a deadbeat buyer and you can open a dispute with ebay about him. Prolly won't resolve anything though. My guess is you will still have to pay the ebay listing fee because the reserve was met even though it wasn't with this guy. You could always go to the second chance option for the next buyer in line if you don't want to relist? Just a thought.
Old October 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
the buyer has not responded in any way yet. i tried to contact him 2 times with no reply. there is only another 24 hours for the deposit to be received. what happens if i don't hear anything? do i still have to pay the eBay fee? i guess i should just see what happens in the next 24 hours. I would think if someone just got a car they would be in contact with the seller before now.
That sucks my experience if I am not contacted right away I never am. I noticed there was another bidder with the same bid amount. I would be contacting that person right away and tell them you are giving the guy XX time and then you are willing to sell it to them. Ask if they are still willing to take it if the other guy is a flake.
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Arrrggggg

If you sell and it ends up being a Non Paying Bidder you can relist for free again but you still pay the original listing fee. Ebay doesn't let the seller off just because of deadbeats. They do let you re-list for free though, you just need to file a non paying bidder on them. Alternatively you can do as mentioned above and offer a second chance to the previous high bidder for the amount they had bid on it.

if I had to guess, the last bidder was a fake "bump" account to get the previous high bidder out of the sale. In that they don't care if they get a strike against that account. It only has 3 feedback's anyways and more than likely it's 3 $1.00 items.
Old October 16th, 2012, 02:18 AM

i do plan to offer it to the second bider. the must have bid the same amount.
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:04 AM

Eric,
With all of the fraud going on, most people are leary of the second chance offers. Did your winning bidder have a lot feedback? If not, he's probably a deadbeat. If he has a good history on ebay, he may just be slow making contact with you. I hope this is the case.
Ebay reaches a lot of people, but unfortunately a lot of them are not good people. Take care!
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Arrrggggg

Originally Posted by 1carsick
Eric,
With all of the fraud going on, most people are leary of the second chance offers. Did your winning bidder have a lot feedback? If not, he's probably a deadbeat. If he has a good history on ebay, he may just be slow making contact with you. I hope this is the case.
Ebay reaches a lot of people, but unfortunately a lot of them are not good people. Take care!
It looks like his high bidder had 3 feedback's. That's why I say that more than likely it was a fake account that bidded to get the previous bidder out of the sale. I mean, there are some dirt bags on ebay, but no one is just going to randomly bid on a car to win it and then never respond. Each account gets a certain amount of non paying strikes in a certain time frame before the account gets froze. It takes a long time for the strikes to come off if ever.

What I do in all my auctions is set the settings to "no previous strikes" so if the user ever had a non pay on them they cant bid. I also set feedback of 5 positive or more. That generally weeds out the scumbags and anyone less than that can contact if there truly interested in the item and you can add them to the safe list to bid.

Eric, If you report them and Ebay sees that the IP from that account is same as previous bidder(which they do sometimes look into this if you report it) they will freeze and delete both accounts.
Old October 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM

He has till 7:30 tonight. We will see but at this point still nothing.
Old October 16th, 2012, 10:47 AM

Hey Creativeindy, why would someone have a second account and bib against themselves? I have no doubt what you’re saying, just trying to understand why a person would do that.

Eric, Sorry to hear that, hope all turns out well for you.
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Arrrggggg

Originally Posted by Kevin W
Hey Creativeindy, why would someone have a second account and bib against themselves? I have no doubt what you’re saying, just trying to understand why a person would do that.

Eric, Sorry to hear that, hope all turns out well for you.
Well simple. Let's say I bid on Erics car and I placed a bid of 8k. When there is a certain time before the auction ends or after the amount was placed you can no longer retract your bid. So in comes ym backup account of a friends account that we don't care about to bid higher. It relieves me of the purchase and worst case the junk account simply gets a NPB strike against it. Which you can have 3 in any 60 day period before your account gets banned. At least this is the way it used to be. Now all this sounds silly but it does very much happen all the time. People bid expecting someone else to probably over bid them and when it doesn't happen they panic. Someone may bid on a Monday and come Friday they no longer have funds, cold feet, bid on item just to bid on it. All sorts of reasons why, people are just idiots.

Hopefully I am wrong on this and the guy contacts Eric. Curious to see if the second chance bidder will take it or pass on it. Good Luck Eric hopefully this dude responds to you.
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:29 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by Creativeindy
Well simple. Let's say I bid on Erics car and I placed a bid of 8k. When there is a certain time before the auction ends or after the amount was placed you can no longer retract your bid. So in comes ym backup account of a friends account that we don't care about to bid higher. It relieves me of the purchase and worst case the junk account simply gets a NPB strike against it. Which you can have 3 in any 60 day period before your account gets banned. At least this is the way it used to be. Now all this sounds silly but it does very much happen all the time. People bid expecting someone else to probably over bid them and when it doesn't happen they panic. Someone may bid on a Monday and come Friday they no longer have funds, cold feet, bid on item just to bid on it. All sorts of reasons why, people are just idiots.

Hopefully I am wrong on this and the guy contacts Eric. Curious to see if the second chance bidder will take it or pass on it. Good Luck Eric hopefully this dude responds to you.
You sound awful familiar with this process
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM

don't look like i will be contacted. the second place bidder is also $8000. to bad he didn't do $8000.01. he has much better feed back.
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:31 PM

i did figure out that he is in West Hempstead, New York. at least that is the zip code to the winning bidder. i Googled the user name and found ZERO. looks like i will have to contact the next guy.
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good luck with that Eric. But if it's like Creativindy suggested, that means the second bid is the guy who fanned it on to the bum bid. I hate when people are deliberately malicious like this.
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Registered Luser

Eric, W Hempstead....that's near me! Guaranteed dirtbag!
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:00 PM

i did figure out that he is in West Hempstead, New York. at least that is the zip code to the winning bidder. i Googled the user name and found ZERO. looks like i will have to contact the next guy.

West Hempstead? I could walk there from here....
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:12 AM

i have a guy in Astoria, New York that has bought some real good parts from me in the past. he has contacted me and said he is interested in the car. i may just go that route.
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:42 AM

i have a guy in Astoria, New York that has bought some real good parts from me in the past. he has contacted me and said he is interested in the car. i may just go that route.

always wise to deal with someone you dealt with before.. GL
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

So if you don't relist with ebay and do sell to the guy in Astoria, can you get any of the listing fee back from evilbay? I'm guessing they will only charge the amount of your reserve but I don't know how it really works.
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM

i will try to get my fee back but bet i don't get it. for cars it is a little different for the fees. it is a flat $60 for cars under $3K and $150 for cars above $3K. i will likely have to eat the $150. you can not list more than 6 cars per year or they will charge much much more per car and that sticks to you account forever. MUST stay 6 per year or under or it get expensive.
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Runner

i will try to get my fee back but bet i don't get it. for cars it is a little different for the fees. it is a flat $60 for cars under $3K and $150 for cars above $3K. i will likely have to eat the $150. you can not list more than 6 cars per year or they will charge much much more per car and that sticks to you account forever. MUST stay 6 per year or under or it get expensive.
You should definitely be able to contact ebay and get a a refund. Especially if you are going to list it again.
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Arrrggggg

^^ Unfortunately they don't or wont refund. They allow you to re-list for free but thats it.

Ebay likes there money and they figure it as you got to list it, got exposure, used there servers and site, there popularity etc and it's not really there fault a guy didn't pay so they won't or at least haven't in past refunded.

I know this because the S I sold recently had a non paying bidder who did the same thing to me as happened to Eric on this one with a guy with 2 accounts. All I could do was get a re-list for free. Once Eric submits the non paying bidder it will show up as an option to re-list for free. Or maybe it's you have to offer the second chance before its free, can't remember but its one way or the other.
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Arrrggggg

Originally Posted by gearheads78
You sound awful familiar with this process
Had it happened to me 2 months back. I got the guys account(s) banned and deleted from ebay.
Old October 18th, 2012, 02:18 AM

He just responded, this is all he said. "i put bid on wrong car eric sorry"
The problem i have with that is that i don't remember ever giving him my name!
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:44 AM

I still think you did the right thing by pulling the W27.I don't think you would have got $14k with the rear in it,and no docs.
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:38 AM
71 cutlass convertible

How do you put a bid on the wrong car? When I'm bidding I double check everything before I bid. Sounds like fertilizer from a well fed bull.

Larry
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:04 AM

You are looking at the car when you click the bid button.It's not like there is a menu list,and you pick the wrong one.
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:18 AM
car guy

Yea that's about the worst excuse I have heard.
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:27 AM

i sent a reply back to him and said i feel he should at least pay the $150 eBay fee. i bet i never hear from him again.
Old October 19th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Arrrggggg

What a douche....def stick the NPB on him. Did you offer second chance to other high bidder? I guarantee there both the same person. Absolutely hate people who pull crap like this. This is why I hate Ebay... Craigslist isn't much better. Sorry your going through this bud.
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:04 PM

i forgot to post his next reply. he said he would pay me $75 and i need to get the other $75 from the other high bidder.

i have yet to see the $75.

i think i will list it on craigs list for a short while and may relist it on eBay with a buy it now. not sure if the other guy is going to buy it or not. i don't want to store this car over winter but looks like i will be. that is the biggest reason i got it out and ready to sell, i needed it out of the way and i won't let it sit outside. i took the day off work tomorrow to clean out the detached garage to make room.

Quick Reply: listed 70 W-30