Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

83 hurst olds big block

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2012, 06:57 PM

83 hurst olds big block

I am advertising this for a freind because he doesn't know about the technical stuff with the drivetrain. 1st the motor has 11:1 arias pistons mondello oil restricters, crankshaft drilled for a 4 spd, a milodon 8 qt pan with mondello oil pump. The cylinder heads are C castings with mondello undercut stainless valves with a full competition port job along with roller rockers and 3/8ths pushrods and the edelbrock torker intake having been ported to match. A Brad urban holley carb that was an 850 cfm with a 750 baseplate fully modified and flowed out to a 914 cfm. a solid lifter camshaft(mondello 544/544) along with a nice msd ignition system makes this a pretty nasty motor. By the way for some of you guys that like the older mondello stuff, this was originally put together about 15 yrs ago and has since been freshened up, re ringed, valve job ect. There is a custom set of 2" primary long tube headers and a exhaust system that is flanged in front of the mufflers so the front pipes are easily removable at the track. The th400 tranny was built with kevlar bands, heavy duty sprags, torrington bearings, kevlar clutches, a full manual b+m valve body, 6 disc pistons, and a set of reduced gears, along with a 4000 stall converter. The rear axle is a custom built 12 bolt chevy with 4.11:1 gears.2nd. the car body has some rusted panels(hood,trunk and doors) but it comes with really nice replacements for them. The quarters and fenders are fine The T tops are fine and floors and frame are fine.There is a roll bar in the car but not a full cage. There is also a linelock on one of the lightning rod shifters. 3rd. The interior is in fair condition with some cracks in the dashpad. I was the one that originally built the motor and trans back then so thats why he asked me to handle this ad. The car is at my shop right now and I can get some pics for anyone interested easy enough or maybe I'll try to get some up tomorrow. The car still has it's original paint and stripes though rough but it comes with clean panels where needed. He is looking for $10,000.00 for the car and sheetmetal which is a real good deal. When I first built the drivetrain it was in my 70 442 and it ran 11.30s at 120mph at 3750 lbs so it's very fast. If anyone wants to ask questions please don't hesitate to call me (Tony)on my cell at 617-596-5501 up to 11:00 pm eastern 7 days a week.The car is located in attleboro ma.