Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Clean '73 CS on CL...crusher bound WTF??

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2012, 11:55 AM

Clean '73 CS on CL...crusher bound WTF??

Hard time believing they would do this...

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/2983663260.html
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Always room for one more

They won't do it

It's a ploy. Enthusiasts will scream bloody hell and they will be inundated with calls, and someone will buy it to save it from these hateful people.

Scrap value for the car will be less than 500 bucks, so if they were really serious about getting rid of the car they'd advertise it around that price. I'm guessing about half of the aforementioned enthusiasts will lowball the hell out of them for this very reason, and if it doesn't sell then on Monday the ad will be quite different.

Just business as usual on craigslist
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM
71 cutlass convertible

I'm willing to bet, if they sold it to a scrapper for $500. The scrapper would have it for sell 30 mins later for $1500 in front of there business. That is if none of the workers there took it home first.

Larry
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:33 PM

Sounds to me like they've been trying to sell it and are getting frustrated. Or maybe they've had too many offers they considered too low. I'm 300 miles from the Portland area, If your interested create a post to see if anybody nearby can check it out for you. Sounds like a nice car for the price, but it isn't the most popular year so they may be having trouble selling it.

With this car I believe your right Larry, at least I hope so. A couple years ago Oregon passed a law saying any car that's purchased by a wrecking yard cannot be sold whole. I've seen some nice cars stripped and crushed because of this stupid law. One more attack on our hobby

John
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:10 PM

There's wackers like that out there -
Late '70's a guy had a genuine factory "swiss cheese" Pontiac for sale for $5k for over a month, original owner!
During the last week said he'd crush it before going any lower - didn't sell and he paid to have it crushed - so long as he could watch!
He was from Morton Grove, Ill.
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Sounds to me like they've been trying to sell it and are getting frustrated. Or maybe they've had too many offers they considered too low. I'm 300 miles from the Portland area, If your interested create a post to see if anybody nearby can check it out for you. Sounds like a nice car for the price, but it isn't the most popular year so they may be having trouble selling it.

With this car I believe your right Larry, at least I hope so. A couple years ago Oregon passed a law saying any car that's purchased by a wrecking yard cannot be sold whole. I've seen some nice cars stripped and crushed because of this stupid law. One more attack on our hobby

John
John...good name ain't it lol

If I had $2500 sitting around I would be all over it but I am about a month away from that...I have been doing a search almost daily and haven't seen it before today. I like the '73 Colonnade Supreme as much as I like the '71-'72 Supremes...
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well, much as I hate to say this. Those pics were from back in 2008. What does it look like now if they're resorting to 'file' pictures?
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Well, much as I hate to say this. Those pics were from back in 2008. What does it look like now if they're resorting to 'file' pictures?
Didn't notice that...I figure timestamps on a digital camera are like VCRs in the 80s...you need a kid to set them for you lol...