Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

"SX " for sale

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2012, 06:09 PM
70 Cutlass SX

"SX " for sale

I saw this car on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...item231c3eefc9

I asked the seller if he had any documentation, a build sheet, or if he could tell me the code tag on the trany since it may indicate an SX. The engine is not original. This is his reply:
Quote: "I do not have a build sheet.
I checked and i cant find the tag.
I`m sorry i dont have any documentation. The car was listed on ebay
when I found it and that was when Bob Peters from the SX455 club called
on the car.He knows more on these cars & I have not been able to Decode the numbers.
Sorry I cant be more help."

How can these people expect to sell these cars if they know nothing about them.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Old School Olds

I am not 100% positive but didn't the true SX's
have the dual gate shifter? So, I'm with you...
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
I am not 100% positive but didn't the true SX's
have the dual gate shifter? So, I'm with you...
SXes did not all come equipped with the Dual Gate shifter - in fact, many were bench seat/column shift cars. The only mandatory SX parts were the 455 engine (3 choices in 1970 and one in 1971) and the cutout rear bumper. Anything else was optional.

Terry

Last edited by vette442; April 16th, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:29 AM
70 Cutlass SX

I am not trying to say that this is not an SX. I am just amazed at the lack of homework that some sellers do. In addition, the sellers must have at one point bought the car with no evidence or research (or else they are not being truthfull). It boggles the mind.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:44 AM

This is a CUTLASS SX with the vin # registered with Sx455.com and is the best place to learn about the CUTLASS SX. The engine is a 455 built .030 over with a cam intake and holley carb. engine #`s dont match but it is very strong.All work done by previous owner and I don`t have details. I bought car 2 years ago 4 hours away and drove it home after I got it home I had trans rebuilt with shift kit reinstalled has about 600 miles on it. Rear end is a 12 bolt posi with 3.55 gears and is solid. Has headers & exhaust sounds great. Interior is in great shape has different stereo from previous owner I have ash tray door.Exterior has an amateour paint job but looks good from a distance. Body needs some work doors have had work and quarters also hood has some rust spots.Underneath is good minimal surface rust in back no issues.Bumpers are good (rear new previous owner).I know someone that has complete air conditioning system $500.I love the car and would drive it anywhere starts everytime and doesn`t dissapoint.Just like many others I had big plans for this car but instead need to sell it. I would only like to here from interestd buyers only no scams. Car is for sale locally which can end auction early.Email Questions rrimer22@yahoo.com or 847-712-3555 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 847-712-3555 end_of_the_skype_highlighting after 6:00pm central time.Winning bidder responsible for shipping or pick up as is no warranty.A $500 non refundable deposit from winning bidder and balance due CASH preffered or pay pal within a week of auction end.

Read his description. He claims the rear end is a 12 bolt with a posi & 3.55 gears. So right off one of two things is happening here....either he is correct but not telling you that the rear has been changed from a Type O to a Type C since there is no such thing as a 3.55 gear set for a Type O or he is an outright liar & has no clue what gear ratio is in the car. Either way this is a seller with whom to be very cautious....the misinformed are very dangerous.
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:39 PM
70 Cutlass SX

Oh - there are so many things not right about this car. It may very well have been an SX at one point, but but that was too many one-night-stands ago.