Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1965 Vista Cruiser in Florida - Not Mine

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM

1965 Vista Cruiser in Florida - Not Mine

Anyone know this car?

- Tom

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-...item3f120e7cf2
Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
Always room for one more

eBarf

I love these people: I reserve the right to end the auction early.

What right? Why can the seller pull out but not the buyer? It seems to me when ebay first started the seller wasn't allowed to end the auction early.

I wonder if this was the car at the Turkey Rod Run that didn't have a front bumper.

Mike
Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
I love these people: I reserve the right to end the auction early.

What right? Why can the seller pull out but not the buyer? It seems to me when ebay first started the seller wasn't allowed to end the auction early.
Most every car for sale on ebay carries this statement. I think ebay allows it because they wouldn't get any car listings if they didn't. Most everyone selling a car on there is also advertising it locally or is a bricks-and-mortar dealer trying to sell it locally. I don't really find this objectionable. If I were selling a car, I'd want to be advertising it in every channel possible and be able to work a deal with anyone who is interested in the car, regardless of where they first saw it.

Your comment about ebay not allowing auctions to end early when they first started is, perhaps, confusing auto auctions with everything else. I think they always have and still DO frown on auctions being ended early unless they're cars or other big-ticket items.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Runner

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Most everyone selling a car on there is also advertising it locally or is a bricks-and-mortar dealer trying to sell it locally. I don't really find this objectionable. If I were selling a car, I'd want to be advertising it in every channel possible and be able to work a deal with anyone who is interested in the car, regardless of where they first saw it.
What he said
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Always room for one more

No, I'm not confused, I really think this is how it was. But I can't find anything to back that statement up so I won't argue the point. I'm just saying it's pretentious of someone to put up something for auction, and then make a big deal about it being a binding contract to anyone that bids, and then say oh by the way, if I get a better offer I'm outa here. A binding contract isn't a one way instrument. So which is it, a contract or a classified ad?

I would want my item to be as visible as possible as well. And I'm not saying the seller of this Vista Cruiser is doing anything of the above. It was a general statement.

It is a pretty car, though, and I wonder what it is about the FM radio that keeps the ashtray from closing.

Mike
Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:03 PM

I think it looks good, I don't remember seeing a 65 Cutlass done in these colors,,,and what color are these in and out. Pity they didn't find the matching color carpet for the cargo area when it was, sorry I cant use the word "Restored" 'cause it isn't, but when it was spruced up some.
Mike