Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 Cutlass flatop wagon. 29,000 original miles. Cold a/c

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2011, 06:29 AM

1970 Cutlass flatop wagon. 29,000 original miles. Cold a/c

Looking to sell my low mileage wagon. No it has not had a nut and bolt restoration or had just come out of a barn either but in fact it is one of the most reliable low mileage examples one may find today. As the mileage states it has 27,000 miles from new. One glance under the hood, the interior and underside of car will tell the tale and make a believer out of anyone viewing it. The term "it drives like new" would also best describe THIS car. One pump of the gas and the choke is set, give it a minute kick it down and you are off to one of the smoothest rides ever. The car literally floats down the road, is wind noise free and is an absolute pleasure to drive. All creature comforts in this one work. The heat, defrost work great. The a/c was converted to 134 and has worked flawless in 90 degree weather. All lights, signals, wipers work. The buzzer alerts when the key is left on when the door is opened and there is even an add on buzzer if the lights are left on with the car off! All courtesy light work under dash and even the rear view map light works. Car was ordered with power disc brakes and an under the hood lock. One look at the engine shows no signs of tampering. It's all stock from the original 2 barrel carb down to the pan. The turbo 350 is now leak free due to a new selector shaft seal and kickdown cable o-ring. Trans pan was dropped, the old cork gasket peeled right away and a new filter put in. All original assembly line paint markings were still visible inside the trans. Car finally needed a new radiator and a new one was installed. I still have it if someone wants the original one. Underside of car is amazing. Car has been in TX for most of it's life. The floor pans with still original paint overspray solidify that claim. This car is a scrotch brite pad away from putting mirrors under the floors. A w-27 rear cover was added along the way for looks and better cooling. Rear drums are still the original 1970 derby hat style design while up front the original delco calipers are still being used. Car also has had a new master installed and braking is great. The rest of the body is as solid as they come. One repaint is all this car has needed. Pictures show that there is not rot anywhere. All other wagons I have had usually have patches in the spare tire well. This car has nothing to hide. Cargo area inside looks like it was barely used. Carpet is nice as are the side panels. Headliner is tight. Only thing that looks like it may have been repaired is the front seat bottom cover, otherwise all the rest of the seats and doorpanels are still 1970 issue. You can tell a seldomly used car by the paint on the seat frames as I have shown. If this car was used day in day out it would have alot more wear. Rear window rolls up smooth manually by outdoor handle. The 2 way gate works great also. All 4 doors shut with ease. Trim on car is near mint. The tailight bezels do not have a blemish a pit anything on them. Car was painted once before with enamel and it still has a nice shine. Not sure when it was done and it looks very reminiscant of a factory applied laquer. Mechanically the car does not need a thing, it does not leak any fluid at all, does not make noise or smoke and is just an awesome car to drive. My dad and i took it to carlisle PA this fall, got stuck friving through torrential down pours and this car didn't leak a drop and ran flawless for the 1500 mile round trip. pm me if interested. $14500.

wagon2.jpg

Last edited by jstrits; December 4th, 2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: wrong mileage
Old November 26th, 2011, 06:30 AM

Here is a photobucket link for a ton of pictures. Thanks for looking.http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p...cpZZ3QQtppZZ28
Old November 26th, 2011, 06:36 AM
car guy

Gorgeous car. I am jealous
Old November 26th, 2011, 06:45 AM

there are alot of booger mobiles out there!
Old November 26th, 2011, 06:48 AM

I have seen it on ebay a couple times. As a 70 and 71 vista owner it is sad these cars do not sell well. Your car is worth every penny of the range that you are asking. I would almost never recommend a collector car auction but this car may do well at Mecum or other auction where the buyers can see the quality.

Lee
Old November 26th, 2011, 07:17 AM

VERY sweet looking car. As much as I want a wagon for a future daily driver, I could not sacrifice one as low a mileage and so original as this one. This one is for show!
Price is in line, so I would not go too much lower.
Old November 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM

That's a beautiful car.

I see, though, that the photo of the odometer shows about 4,000 fewer miles than you claim in the title of the thread. That suggests that these photos are not recent. You do mention having driven the car to/from Carlisle, which can account for 1,500 of those miles in a very short time. But how long ago were those photos taken?

Good luck on that price. None of the price guides list a value anything like $14K for one of these, even in their top condition category. They top out at around $11,000. You may have to go some to find a buyer willing to pay what you're asking. But, on the other hand, how often do you come across one of these in this condition? It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:35 PM
"I need a couch"

Were wonderbar radios an option for the 70 cutlass wagon?
Old November 30th, 2011, 02:38 PM

Very, very, very nice wagon! Good luck on the sale. That's almost a new car!
Old November 30th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Damn I'm in Milwaukee too. Where could I put this car.........hmmmmmm......

I'll give you 11k cash tommorrow, wait what did I say

Last edited by DJS70cutlass; November 30th, 2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by jaunty75
That's a beautiful car.

I see, though, that the photo of the odometer shows about 4,000 fewer miles than you claim in the title of the thread. That suggests that these photos are not recent. You do mention having driven the car to/from Carlisle, which can account for 1,500 of those miles in a very short time. But how long ago were those photos taken?

Good luck on that price. None of the price guides list a value anything like $14K for one of these, even in their top condition category. They top out at around $11,000. You may have to go some to find a buyer willing to pay what you're asking. But, on the other hand, how often do you come across one of these in this condition? It'll be interesting to see what happens.
I stopped looking at price guides long ago. every year these cars get older one has to realize that there are fewer and fewer nice vehicles surfacing. A little over a month ago there was a w-30 optioned out vista cruiser on ebay that did over $33,000. And what price guide justifies that? Anyway, yes I have racked up some mileage in the short time I've owned it. Its been to louisville this summer as well although part time on trailer and part driving. The a/c sure came in handy down there. It's the car I drive the most out of my others due to the ease of it.
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:46 PM

Wow! What a cool car!
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:09 AM

Was in car today to move it around, car has 27,000 miles not 29,000. Now that makes it even more desireable!
Old December 5th, 2011, 12:42 AM

Just curious, what is the exterior paint code for the wagon?

Don W
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:36 AM

45. aspen green. car is a shade off of that color now. it has more of a silvery gray look to it.