Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

oldsmobilecentral - for sale list

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Runner

oldsmobilecentral - for sale list

Hey guys,

I don't want to promote my site to much here, but I did want to just talk about my for sale section. I've now let people "Rep" deals on Oldsmobiles. Higher repped deals get a higher ranking. This can let people know what they think is a good deal. You can check out what I currently have posted here: http://www.oldsmobilecentral.com/for-sale/

If you want to post your car for sale, I've also set up a quick, easy, free form you can fill out here: http://www.oldsmobilecentral.com/post-ad.php.

I hope you guys like it, feel free to browse the other features.

Thanks
http://www.oldsmobilecentral.com/
Old November 19th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Interesting site. For sales it looks like you act as the middleman for links to CL or whatnot? If I get the gist of what you're trying to do, it's put a listing of cars for sale in one centralized area (more a national them) with links to the actual seller or web page.
Would this be the main difference between your site and someone just searching CL for a used car? Buyers would have to know your website name to find the info, right? This is the first time I actually heard of your site, but I don't do a lot of searches for buying another project.
My compliments for taking the initiative and doing something you believe in.
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Runner

Thanks, you pretty much hit it on the spot. I started wondering around seeing what other Oldsmobile deals were out there. I figured why not just put them all on a site. Its been up for about a year now and I've posted 400+. I've also added features for Olds fans to "Rep" deals, so people searching can get third party ideas of if says are good deals or not.

Since I'm also more techy then a mechanic, whenever I do something to my car I go ahead and type up a tutorial and post it there too. I'd like to get a collection of tutorials posted too. Just a fun project.
Old November 19th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Joffroi
Since I'm also more techy then a mechanic, whenever I do something to my car I go ahead and type up a tutorial and post it there too. I'd like to get a collection of tutorials posted too. Just a fun project.
I do like the site warning for items that have been listed for more than 2 weeks.

re: the mech stuff? Totally understand your point of view. It has some great info and valuable links. I also do exactly that when I've got a problem that I just 'don't get' even looking at the CSM for my car. Sometimes a 3 minute hands on video is worth a whole book with words and pics. Just hope the main site for them doesn't crash or the link will not be any good. Keep up the good work. Cheers!
Old November 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Runner

Thanks, all the links to stories should be up and running. Just a few images to fix.
Old November 19th, 2011, 05:31 PM

Neat site. I liked the 68 H/O road test vid...
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Runner

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
I'm working on the video collection. If you go to the Contribute Page, you can see you can send me pictures and videos. So if you have a youtube video of your car, send it over. I'd love to add it.
Old November 20th, 2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
X2 i never seen that before.
Old November 20th, 2011, 12:05 PM

Cool site! Add one more to my list of Olds site I visit!

That H/O Olds video was great! And here I thought "drifting" was only a newer style of driving!
Old November 21st, 2011, 09:05 AM
Runner

I've also made a "video upload" link. If you guys have great videos of your car online you wouldn't mind sharing, just use this form and I'll add it to the collection.

You know you want to show off your ride ;-)
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM

I have been following on FaceBook for quite a while now...
Old May 6th, 2015, 07:16 AM

I love the oldsmobile central site. This is how i found my 72 cutlass convertible. I visit the site almost daily and use it for research. Keep up the great work on the site!
Old May 6th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Runner

Wow, this thread is was when I published my site 4 years ago! Since then a lot has definitely changed, including many of links original posted above .

Originally Posted by Sunfirecutlass
I love the oldsmobile central site. This is how i found my 72 cutlass convertible. I visit the site almost daily and use it for research. Keep up the great work on the site!
Glad you like it and found your car from it. Since the site has grown, I've started getting great stories from people who have found or sold their cars from the site.
Old May 7th, 2015, 06:51 PM

I was at an oldsmobile show in NY and i was talking with a few guys about what they thought their cars were worth and i told them about the site so they can do their research. In fact if it was not for your site i would have never found my car and the person i bought he car from did not have clue it was on your site and was amazed how it got on the site.
Old May 13th, 2015, 08:24 PM

Question

I love the site and had my 1971 Cutlass convertible advertised there last year. Is there a way to easily re-activate an expired ad on Oldsmobile Central, or do I have to re-submit it from scratch? I'm putting the same convertible back on the market and want to post it here again and on your site with a lower price. It can be searched by "1971", "Cutlass", and "Ohio". The original post was October 8, 2014.
Old May 14th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Runner

Originally Posted by Hurst/Olds 73/74
I love the site and had my 1971 Cutlass convertible advertised there last year. Is there a way to easily re-activate an expired ad on Oldsmobile Central, or do I have to re-submit it from scratch? I'm putting the same convertible back on the market and want to post it here again and on your site with a lower price. It can be searched by "1971", "Cutlass", and "Ohio". The original post was October 8, 2014.
Nice look car. If you log into your account and go to the control panel (link will be under you username after you log in on the top left) you can add more time to the expiration date. This will re-post your contact info and list the ad as active again for whatever time you had. However, this does not re-queue the ad to the font page again. I've had a couple request for this so this is something I'm going to put on my list of things to do. I've made a thread about it on my site suggestion forum on the site that you can see updates about me making something like that.
Old May 14th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Runner

I just published the feature. I added a check box that will essentially "republish" the ad. You can access this in your control panel > edit ad section. Hopefully that helps!