Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 442 w-25

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2011, 04:08 PM

1970 442 w-25

I just bought this car in May... then got sick. Now I am going to have to go to the Mayo Clinic and have decided to sell the car. I'll need the funds, I'm sure...

For sale is a 1970 Olds 442 w-25 car. It was originally Astro Blue w/ white stripes and a blue interior. It has a non numbers matching, but correct 455 365 HP engine w/ the W-25 ram air option, a M21 close ratio 4 spd and a 3.42 posi rear. It also has PO5 Magnum 500 rims, PS, PDB, Bucket Seats, console, a deluxe ( not sport ) steering wheel, and sport mirrors.

The car was built in the CA plant and spent most of it's life in NM. I bought it in VA from the 2nd owner. The car is currently in Gallatin TN just outside of Nashville TN.

The car is complete except for the flapper on the ram air, and the headrests. The original radio was replaced w/ a cassette deck. It will need a total restoration, but is a great start. It has been re-painted. It has had a left 1/4 panel replacement, and there are some patches on the right 1/4 panel. The rest of the body is super solid. Left fender has a minor rust spot that was bondo-ed, but all of the removable body panels can be used ( trunk, doors, fenders, hood ). In fact the hood is in great shape and still has the wire mesh screen in excellent shape. If I were going to re-do this car I think I would re-do the left 1/4 panel, but it is not a bad job.

Interior is complete except the headrests. The seats were re-done in 70's flair... velour and buttons. Thanks goodness for Legendary Interiors! Everything it needs is available.

Engine is non numbers matching, but has the correct part numbers and a close date code. In fact, I think the heads, intake, and exh manifolds are the originals but cannot be 100% sure. I know they are correct for a W-25 / 365 HP 455 w/ the correct "E" cast on the heads. I was actually shocked the block didn't match. Previous owner told me it did and I didn't verify 'cuz all of the part numbers were good and the condition of the car sold me anyway. The car is not currently running due to the previous owner replacing the timing chain, and never finishing the re-assembly. I have not done anything with it myself. The car is so complete, it still has the elusive reverse lock out rod in place. Brakes work. P brake holds. Trans goes through the gears smooth. Odometer shows 80K miles. Odometer is for a column shift automatic so not sure if that was a factory goof or if it was replaced at some point.

I have the build sheet for the car and it is everything I have said it is. I do not have a picture of it yet, but will work on that...

Car has the original Q-jet and the original spare tire in the trunk.

Pictures can be seen at the following link.

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/b...arat/70%20442/

Asking $10500.00 / best offer. Car has been garaged for many years and off the road since 1999/2000.

Thanks for stopping by
Tony
tattarat@yahoo.com
Old October 26th, 2011, 04:55 PM

cool car - great project for someone, most importantly good luck with your health!
Old October 27th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Hope all goes well for you! Good luck with the sale!
Old October 27th, 2011, 07:53 AM

OMG. what a car..............love it! good luck withthe sale
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:03 AM

Nice project. That will look very nice when finished.

Matt
Old October 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, this color combo will be beautiful when restored... and this was about as close as you could get out West to a W-30. I have added the pictures of the build sheet to the photo collection. If you copy them down to your pc, and use the fax viewer, you can bump them up in size and read most of it. At least the positraction, 4 spd 455 etc... the good stuff
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:57 AM

1970 442 4speed

Having fun with car, hope to be driving with all rebuilt drive train by June!
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:33 AM

Running after many years!

The Blue 442 runs again after many years. complete drive train rebuilt, all numbers documented and is CORRECT! Yahoo..................
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:38 AM

I pray you regain your health!