Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1990 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Station Wagon on Ebay - TIME CAPSULE!

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM

1990 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Station Wagon on Ebay - TIME CAPSULE!

Hey, everyone. I was just browsing Ebay to drool over some classic wagons, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my car for sale. I own this exact same make and model vehicle, the only noticeable difference being that mine has a light brown interior and this one is light blue.

I thought my wagon was in pretty good shape considering its age and everything. Until I saw this wagon. It's a little depressing for me. My "Griswold" just rolled over 100K miles this summer. This wagon on Ebay is a 1 owner vehicle with only 20K ORIGINAL MILES! The interior is immaculate, and the exterior is in far better condition than mine. The wood grain looks amazing, and from what I can see it has not begun to peel anywhere, which is a miracle in itself.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this out there if anyone in the Connecticut area might be interested. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...ht_1049wt_1165
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Registered Thread Killer

I owned one of these as well, only blue. Bought it new. Got tired of the anemic power output from the 307 after 10 years and popped in a nicely built 350 out of my '70 Cutlass (no smog checks up here). With the 3:73's it was quite the sleeper.

I sold it a few years ago, and I still see it in the around! Looks as nice as it ever did.
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by mfgusa
I owned one of these as well, only blue. Bought it new. Got tired of the anemic power output from the 307 after 10 years and popped in a nicely built 350 out of my '70 Cutlass (no smog checks up here). With the 3:73's it was quite the sleeper.

I sold it a few years ago, and I still see it in the around! Looks as nice as it ever did.
You are absolutely right, mfgusa. The 307 leaves a lot to be desired in the power department. I really wish Oldsmobile had just put a stock 350 in it. I don't have the money now, but hopefully someday I'll come up with the cash and find a 350 to do the conversion.
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:06 AM

I'm impressed that he's selling with no reserve. I do like how new it looks. It still apparently has the protective plastic sheeting on the floor of the third seat area.
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:47 AM

Good eye posting it here for us...certainly looks good but you just never know where the bidding might wind up. Let's HOPE it winds up in a "GOOD C.O. Home/Garage" somewhere!
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Hangin' out...

Beautiful! Love those wheels!
Old December 9th, 2012, 02:41 PM

Talking It's mine - had it a year. !! <3

That baby is mine now. )
Had brother in law bid for it , gave him a stop amt. He's good at ' sniping ' , no one had bid for a whole week... got it for 5300 and change. It's adorable. The pristine interior is correct. The wood, has some , I'll call it nail polish on some of the areas, like touch-up paint? And some has worn off in the year I've had it,..revealing small holes. Most is perfect. It's got some cosmetic needs, but over all is great. I've met with a restoration shop and have plans to piecemeal it's come-back-to life. haha I've had it a year now. I even put all the stuff on top for Halloween , for the scene from the Griswold vacation movie w/ Aunt Edna on top w/ suitcases strapped down. A non-stop week of comedy and people taking pictures.
I get asked to sell it....monthly. Random people come up and say they love it- almost every day. It's been a very fun year. And yep, there WAS dealer plastic in the way-back floor. Unreal.
I replace about 4 tubings in the engine myself ( the big accordian one ( I don't know all their names....but I'm handy) ( as a girl - I'd do a tune up , as I have on my other cars -'cept they told me the spark plugs are in the wheel well !!??) Replaced the EGR, spent some tax money last spring and got the brakes done up...were worn. The one door lock ( passenger ) is sticky, as was the tail-gate window. Siliconed it all, works great now. Have researched w/ the guys at my AutoZone with how to fix up the A.C. for next year. Didn't sweat it right now. It's not powerful...as you mentioned. I need to get the carborator checked soon...acceleration is choppy. I love this big guy....every day I drive it. It's like a big warm couch on wheels.

Additionally -- would love advice on how to find proper parts.

Last edited by Lorkav; December 9th, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:06 AM

My '90 Custom Cruiser

Well, I bought mine in Vero Beach, Florida for $2,400.00, that was as low as he'd go. The woodgrain is lightly flawed but shows good, and he even had some new in the GM shipping container stowed away in the back. My headliner is major disaster, but the rest of the interior looks pretty good for 155,285 or so miles. I have minor annoyances, and a gasoline leak out of the tank somewhere. But I take him out about six times or so a week for about five miles to keep the workings functional. Sounds like yours was well worth what you got it for, especially since it was barely broken in! I hope you get years of pleasure out of it!