Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1968 442 Convertible - major project - $1100

Old August 31st, 2011, 03:43 PM

1968 442 Convertible - major project - $1100

Hello. Thanks for looking. I am a newbie on the site and to the Olds moniker in general. I have always liked the lines of the late 60's early 70's Oldsmobiles. Incredible automobiles! I had all intentions of having this car and a late 70's Supercab 4x4 Ford for my winter projects. However, the recent tropical storm (a tropical storm in Northern Vermont?) put a damper on my plans. I am in dire need to make repairs on my barn. My projects and a few other cars must go. My 1968 is a basket case and needs a lot of attention. I recently purchased the car. I have not done any work on the car. A previous owner started restoration by stripping the car down, removing the body from the frame and beginning restoration. I say beginning because very little was done. As you can see from the pictures most of the parts are there. The only parts I do not have are the original motor and transmission, the front seats, carpet and canvas top. There may be other smaller pieces missing, I do not know. If you notice anything missing, please let me know and I will check. It needs extensive body work. All body panels need some work. The hood is in very good shape. There is a small hole on the front lip of it about the size of a pencil eraser. The fenders both need lower patches or complete replacement. The quarters should both be replaced. The passenger side quarter may be repaired with lower quarter patches and wheel lip work. The trunk needs patches. The floors need replacement or patches. The lower doors need patching or re-skinning. All the power top items are there. The center console is in very good shape. I am also including a 1970 Olds 455 4v that has been disassembled. The block was supposedly prepped and the previous owner started putting new cam bearings and plugs in. It has the nodular crank and E heads. I would have a machine shop go over everything. Once again it is a major project. But, it is a 442 convertible. I suppose someone can use it as a parts car. I would hate to see that because it is certainly buildable. If you are interested, please take a look at the pictures following the link below. Feel free to ask any questions. I do not know Olds well, but I have been restoring automobiles for nearly 25 years so I do know what to look for. I am semi-retired now. One more thing. The car will be sold with a Bill of Sales. Vermont does not issue titles on the older cars. I am located in just outside of Newport, VT. I am asking $1100 for everything. If I am being unreasonable, please let me know. I would like to have it on its way to its new home before the snow flies. Thanks again for looking!

http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy324/twosfamily/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24
Old August 31st, 2011, 06:41 PM

PM sent
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:40 PM

Pm sent.......
Old August 31st, 2011, 09:07 PM

If I were close, and had the space, I'd be all over that. Good luck!
Old August 31st, 2011, 09:29 PM
Registered Thread Killer

Geeze, all I got when I clicked on it was Men in my area. I'm not clicking twice.
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:01 PM

I have it listed on E-bay now. $860 - no reserve. If you are interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180725176844
Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:01 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by twosfamily
I have it listed on E-bay now. $860 - no reserve. If you are interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180725176844
I liked your answers to the bidder's questions

If one of those boneheads that asked the stupid questions was the same one that won the car & they back out shoot me a PM.

I've got to be in the Kingdom sometime in the next few weeks for work & maybe I'll bring my trailer.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:16 PM

I may have gone a little over the top with some of my thoughts. I really do not understand some people?

I will definitely let you know if the winning bidder backs out.

I would like to thank everyone on this site for their wealth of information on these great cars and for their well-wishes. I will have other Olds in the future for sure. I just have to get some other priorities finished.