Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

For Sale: 1970 Vista Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:44 AM

Thumbs up For Sale: 1970 Vista Cruiser

1970 Vista Cruiser, documented Texas car. Bench seats with rear storage well, runs/drives great, solid body. Has '72 Olds 350/4 bbl rocket with electronic ignition, original turbo 400 trans. New heater core, front linkage and suspension done in 2001 with low miles driven since then. Protect-O-Plate, extras included, too many to list. $7,000. OBO Located in Michigan

e-mail RC at: mrhell@yahoo.com

Pictures can be found here: http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w...sta%20Cruiser/

Last edited by rcholds; June 6th, 2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM

Gorgeous car!!
Old May 9th, 2011, 05:05 PM

The engine is blue, I thought blue is 455...
Old May 9th, 2011, 05:31 PM

Thank you for the compliment Jaunty75

Yes, the 455s were painted blue and the 350s bronze color, but whoever put in the 350 apparently preferred blue. The engine is a 1972 dated 350, so the valves are hardened to burn unleaded gas without additives. This Vista originally had a 455 when new and still has it's original 400 trans. The 350 has plenty of power for the wagon (not to mention better mileage).

RC
Old May 10th, 2011, 05:18 AM

I am eyeing this one... The 350 is a winner so far.
Does the A/C work?
I see some minor rust bubbling at the lower fenders and tailgate. Is that the extent of the rust? Has the car been repainted before? Yes, that color is wonderful!
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:04 AM

Yes, the 350 was a plus for me as well when I bought the car. The AC needs charging but the compressor spins freely. Getting the AC to work was on my list of To-Dos, just like detailing the engine compartment, but I don't have the spare time for this car. It just sits parked (inside) and that's why it's for sale. I use to own a mint '71 442 convt in saturn gold years ago and that car got all my extra time. The Vista has only been driven a few times each summer over the last 3 or 4 years. Sad but true.

Yes, slight paint pops on lower fender and in the middle of tailgate. Again, these were there when I bought the car. Other than these spots, rust is not an issue. I had the passenger fender off when replacing the heater core and everything looked great. The rear storage well was rusty when I bought the car, but I took care of that and hit it with POR-15. Original hounds tooth mat is there too, not sure if you noticed that in the pics.

Yes car was repainted. There are small traces of the woodgrain material in a couple of spots (inside wheel wells). I believe "Burnished Gold" is the correct color for 1970 and I think was the original color of this Vista. It's an older paint job but it looks great. I think I have the car's Protect-O-Plate too. I'll have to dig out the paperwork to see what I have. It was made at the Lansing, MI plant, originally sold in TX and came back to MI in the late 80s. I purchased the car in 2000 (in Lansing of all places ). Keep in mind I'm working off memory here. I'll have to refer to the paperwork to see how good my memory really is.

Any other questions just let me know, thank you for the interest.

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
I am eyeing this one... The 350 is a winner so far.
Does the A/C work?
I see some minor rust bubbling at the lower fenders and tailgate. Is that the extent of the rust? Has the car been repainted before? Yes, that color is wonderful!
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:19 AM

Rob, I wouldn't pass this one up. She's a beauty and Has the mandatory "Texas Life Support system" [a/c]
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Rob, I wouldn't pass this one up. She's a beauty and Has the mandatory "Texas Life Support system" [a/c]
Actually, this one reminds me a lot like Lady when i bought her.
A nice-looking restored exterior with a daily driver type interior, an engine that runs good but needs cosmetic work, and a complete but non-working AC system.
The new suspension makes up for the nonstock motor.

I almost see another interior makeover in the crystal ball. Vista edition.

I am most attracted by the paint job. Do you know if the window trim was removed during repaint? It seems like that is one of the most rust prone areas and the Vista will need to reside outside most of the time.

I need to find a way to look at the pictures without photobucket locking up the browser. I think it is all the stupid ads it tries to launch...
Would it be possible to dump all those pictures into a zip file and email it to me? If so i will PM you my address.
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
I need to find a way to look at the pictures without photobucket locking up the browser. I think it is all the stupid ads it tries to launch...
I am not having that issue.

If you're using Internet Exploder, try installing Firefox.
If you're using Firefox, change your settings.

Nice looking wagon. One of the nicest one's I've seen.
Oddly in Michigan where the weather is pretty crazy like here.
Old June 7th, 2011, 04:27 AM

Thanks for the compliment aceshigh. Yeah our winter this year was particularly a long and nasty one. But my Vista stays away from the road salt and hibernates in a dry building until early summer. What they say about southern cars is fact, the Vista was originally sold in Texas and you can sure tell the difference when comparing to one that lived life in Michigan.