Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

FS: 1972 Supreme factory 4 speed project car

Old March 8th, 2007, 12:55 AM

FS: 1972 Supreme factory 4 speed project car

1972 Cutlass Supreme - Extremely rare factory 350/M20 4 speed car. It’s a solid New Mexico car with the #s matching original M-code 350 4 barrel. Buckets/console, Rallye Pack (tick-tock-tach), sport mirrors, A/C (removed), originally code 26 Viking Blue / black vinyl top. SSII wheels, newer front tires, power front disc brakes. Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley carb – engine will start but is badly out of tune and/or plugs are really fouled – it's tough to keep it running. I haven’t had a chance to get it inside since it arrived in December and do anything with it yet.

http://www.highoctaneauto.com/divelb...spdSupreme.htm

I discovered that the car had been hit up front years ago and the RH front frame was repaired and driven for years in New Mexico through summer 2006. However, I have another nice New Mexico frame and body shell sheetmetal donor (also a ’72 Supreme) to go with the car to do a proper frame-off restoration. Will also need the front of the DS floorpan repaired where it held moisture and the rear trunk panel where it was tapped in the rear and repaired years ago – the body shell has these sections in nice shape.

http://www.highoctaneauto.com/Terry%...for%20sale.htm

I will also be picking up a lot of original ’72 Supreme parts in the next month or so that can help to get this car back to stock and correct condition, and I will include these. This car deserves a frame-off, and it’s in a great original color combination. I have several other Oldsmobiles that need attention and $$ and I didn’t plan a frame-off when I bought this car, but it arrived with a few more issues than I planned for despite several conversations with the previous owner.

I'm including a straight driver quality front bumper and four clean western bumper brackets (not shown) to help get the front end in order. The front RH frame was repaired in the past but I certainly woudn't leave it this way for a resto. It has a few thin stress cracks that should be welded to pass PA inspection (obviously it didn't matter in NM), but beyond that, a tuneup, windshield, front bumper, rear tires and tailpipes would probably get this thing on the road without having to do a full resto right away. It would be cosmetically challenged but could be enjoyed a bit prior to restoring it.

I have a bit over $8000 invested in everything that will go as a package - asking $6800 for everything. Otherwise, the car will get restored eventually. Car is just south of Pittsburgh, PA. I have lots of other pics - please inquire if seriously interested. Thanks.
Terry