Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

ALL ORIGINAL 65' OLDSMOBILE STARFIRE 4 sale / trade?

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2007, 01:53 PM

ALL ORIGINAL 65' OLDSMOBILE STARFIRE 4 sale / trade?

this is probably the 4th time ive listed on this site not to many serious buyers i guess. anyways i have an all original 65 stafire w/ the 425 in it air conditioning car has very little work to be done 4 it to b a great show car or quick resale..... i know alot about these cars and they are very hard to find in good shape ... mine also has the dual exit rear exhaust my email address is tech9twista@yahoo.com there is a 65 on ebay right now buy it now 4 32000 or best offer i want only a fraction of that i ahte to let it go but would love to see it restored and someone enjoy it...... i will not part out the car..... i am looking 4 minor trade other classics or a caprice cop car ( same bodystyle as cop car) please get back to me i ahve pictures and all other info ..... thanx and have a good day.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-...QQcmdZViewItem

theres the link to the starfire on ebay theres also a convertible starting at 10500
Old January 15th, 2007, 02:13 PM

I wish you luck with your sale but my opinion is the full size cars have a very small following. That 32 G Sfire on Ebay has been there quite a while and the price is insane. The Sfire isnt quite a musclecar or pony car. I have a few full size Oldsmobiles and they barely get a glance at a car show or cruise night...but its about what I like and not what everyone else does. Trim parts are really scarce too for the Sfire so to restore one is very expensive.
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:29 PM

yea im not real worried about the sale but it would be nice to see it perfect condition ..... im only 19 and i love this car and ive never seen another one with my own eyes..... yes they are hard to find parts for luckily this one has every trim piece there is..... i know i will restore it soon if it doesnt sell it.... its the 1st oldsmobile ive owned but the only one that i think is worth keeping.... thanx for the reply
Old January 22nd, 2007, 06:24 PM

Your car is gorgeous, but I think the price is just too high for the general Olds guy who is more interested in Cutlasses and 442's. I also have a nice Starfire also, convertible with only 44,000 original and wish I could get 32. I think its a price proportional to how much you and I like them. But they're just not up there yet . 18 -25 is the current realistic level I think.

Gotta find the buyer who wants that car, thats all.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 04:53 AM
Past Administrator

Just my opinion. Sell the tires/wheels seperately and replace them with original wheels and tires go with bias ply wide whites and you will sell the car easier, maybe not 32K but you will sell it. I am sure someone with a muscle car would grab the tire/wheels sold seperately. There are lots of Old Skool dudes out there that wouldn't even look at that car twice because of those tires/wheels on it now.

After you do that, advertise it over at H.A.M.B. website.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 08:43 AM
Past Administrator

OH, ok I missinterperated his post. But still, staying original is the best way to go for resale value.
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:39 PM

yea the link i posted was not my car.... its not nearly that nice..... thats just one that was on ebay that i was laughing about because it has been there for like 3 months.... but its beautiful ..... like i said i love my car and was just seeing if anyone was interested i have a couple of replies but im not near my computer with my pictures..... im actually at my first year snowcarving competion in breckenridge colorado i know that has nothin to do with olds but its been a fun time .... anwyays thanx for the replys and i really dont care what anyone says STARFIRES ARE the S*** tt everyone later...