Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1964 Olds Jetstar 88 FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2009, 10:44 PM
1964 Jetstar 88

1964 Olds Jetstar 88 FOR SALE

I'm selling my daily driver since 1993 (!), a 1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88 (2-door hardtop, Holiday Coupe), the model that sparked the 1964 Pontiac GTO. I have tried to keep the car as original as possible with the exception of a few practical mechanical upgrades (cf. below).

It is in excellent mechanical condition (and a few years ago I had it professionally appraised for $10,000) with much work done to it over the years (rebuilt engine, upgraded tranny, new brakes, new rear coil springs, electronic eye distributor [instead of troublesome points], upgraded radiator, rebuilt carburetor, new exhaust system) and I have driven it everywhere (my longest trip was a 14-hour straight drive to New Orleans from Kansas City, Missouri, starting in a horrendous blizzard).

The car does need some interior restoration (I have tried keeping it up as well as to restore it, but the mechanics always took first priority) as well as some exterior, despite the body having been restored and repainted about 6 years ago.

Looking to get $6000 (OBO) for it, and this includes some spare parts (e.g., everything needed for a front-end rebuild, hubcaps, windows, brake lights, accessories never installed, etc.) and a full set of shop manuals and technical bulletins.

See my website for some images: http://kcshmo.com/jetstar88.htm; I also have more on my computer.

I prefer a personal inspection by a potential buyer so that there are no surprises for the purchaser, since it is not a beauty queen, but a driver which has given me good service for 16 years (and in style).

Contact me at admin@kcshmo.com if you are interested.