Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1979 Delta 88 "Holiday"

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

1979 Delta 88 "Holiday"

Decided to part with this car, it needs work, and I simply can't keep fixing it. I'm asking $500, that's firm, I need the money, it's worth it. Craigslist ad can be seen here, I live in Roanoke, Virginia, if you have any questions, let me know. My dad has cancer, and I need to get my Subaru on the road so I can get him back and forth for doctors appointments and treatments, simply put, I cannot keep this car around, we don't have space for it.

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/5374419684.html
Old December 26th, 2015, 04:40 PM
71 cutlass convertible

Good luck with the sale. Sorry about your dad.
Old December 31st, 2015, 09:54 AM
Rocket "Scientist"

Originally Posted by lshlsh2
Good luck with the sale. Sorry about your dad.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old December 31st, 2015, 10:03 AM
Hookers under Hood

I'm also very sorry to hear about your dad. Especially when times are tough enough. I viewed your add. I see you have added some good additions that I would hope some guys in your area offer to purchase, such as carb, breather and other parts that may very well take you up over the $500 mark your asking. If you have the time to part it then scrap the rest of the car you may be further ahead. I truly hope some guys come together and take parts quickly off your hands then you can scrap the remains for a great gain of your asking price.
I wish you all the best , your awesome for taking care of your dad.
Eric
Old January 1st, 2016, 04:12 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

Originally Posted by 76olds
I wish you all the best , your awesome for taking care of your dad.
Eric
Thanks man, sold the car yesterday evening, I want to really build something up. So I'm gonna see how that Subaru fares, if it seems solid, I'm gonna find another project. I have something swimming in my head that I HAVE to do.

.. And that something is build an apocalyptic themed coupe of doom soon, think, mad max, on the scale of the original movies. I doubt I'll have anything supercharged, more of a peon of the wasteland, but hey, it's something I've wanted to do since I was a kid, I'm tired of screwing around. I'm gonna find a coupe, a pickup, a wagon, SOMETHING old, rear wheel drive, body on frame, that I can make absurd.
Old January 1st, 2016, 04:37 PM
Hookers under Hood

If a coupe of doom is something you've always wanted to do then it should work out well. I hope your experience with the delta 88 didn't get you turned away from the Oldsmobile family of cars. I myself feel as the Oldsmobiles pre 77 were the best built cars on the road and mostly trouble free other than routine maintenance. I hope your Dad gets well very soon and your project dreams are fulfilled in the near future. Please keep us updated on your new project, I hope its an Olds but hey if not keep us in the loop.
Wish you all the best in 2016

Eric
Old January 1st, 2016, 06:41 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

Originally Posted by 76olds
I hope your experience with the delta 88 didn't get you turned away from the Oldsmobile family of cars.
Not at all, Oldsmobile's will always be special, we had that '84 Cutlass when I was a kid, V6, auto, bucket seats, all that. And I had that '86 Custom Cruiser that belonged to my family, but it died. Had the '77 Delta, but I killed it, didn't see a light change. And I didn't really want to keep the '79 after realizing what all was wrong with it. It was too much to go through again. I had lost interest.

Right now my focus is elsewhere, however. I had a good two years with my '77 Delta, and a good six months with my '79. I enjoy a lot of different cars, but I will find another Olds one day.