Bravada Center Console Removal

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2015, 06:00 AM

Unhappy Bravada Center Console Removal

Hello!

I am hoping someone here can help me out. My diamond earring fell into the hole in my cup holder a couple days ago and I need to remove the center console to get it. I tried a magnet and that did not work. It is a 2003 Bravada with the leather seats and grey interior. I scoured my owners manual and there are no instructions on removing it that I could find. I really don't feel like paying someone to do this when it's right there! Does this piece come out without having to mess with the ER brake, shifter, etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I should not have had the earring in the cup holder to start with, I learned my lesson, lol! I can take a picture if that would help.

Thanks,
Shannon
Old January 30th, 2015, 06:38 AM

hi shannon,get a metal coat hanger,cut a straight piece from it, a piece of duct tape balled up on the end and taped there should let you get it without removing the console. if not you can find instructions on google. welcome to the site
Old January 30th, 2015, 06:43 AM

Great idea, hadn't thought of that. I've already searched google and couldn't find anything helpful. I'll try the sticky ball idea!

Thank you
Old January 30th, 2015, 10:44 PM

There are supposed to be rubber liners in the cup holders for storing small items. The liners have tabs that fit into those holes that are large enough for an earring to pass through. If you can gently pry the lowest edge of the console away from the carpet, possibly you can retrieve your earring. Maybe use something sticky as suggested above. Meanwhile I am going to have a closer look at our console right after the temperature jumps up about fifteen degrees!
Old January 30th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Justin

They is a air bag module under the console you can google instructions in how to replace.

Just a idea, I had a customer that dropped a ring. I drilled a small hole on the side to Get to it and filled it with a rubber plug as she didn't want to pay for the removal. if you can see it look for a well hidden area that you could open up
Old February 2nd, 2015, 04:43 AM

Thanks for the help everyone. It was driving me nuts so I just started unscrewing things and I was able to get it through the armrest storage area. There were two screws under the armrest latch and another two on the bottom under a rubber mat. Once I pulled the storage container out I could see under the cup holder. I did try the sticky tape idea and just couldn't get the right angle through those darn holes. I'm going to buy a rubber cup insert today! Thanks again, Shannon
Old February 2nd, 2015, 11:34 AM

BTW the best site for GMT360 (trailblazer, envoy,bravada, etc.) platform info. is GMTnation.com. as my daily driver is an 02 Bravada. ~BOB