edelbrock intake alignment?

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2017, 06:16 PM

edelbrock intake alignment?

i have a similar issue as a recent post involving intake fitment ,except mine is bolted to factory heads .i had this all together and running once but it had the slightest leak around the heat riser ports i blocked off.i was using the factory turkey tray and rubber end seal gaskets.so i am now going by the manufacturers recommendation (and several other sources)by using the 404 mr gasket and black rtv to seal the ends . my issue is the intake sits lower on the passenger side than the drivers side, notice the placement in the pics how one side seems to expose more of the head .i have the intake snugged down with four bolts with no gaskets in the pic .as a side note edelbrock instruction tell me to torque down the intake from the outside working to the middle (which seems backwards to me).is there something im missing ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2422.JPG (1.71 MB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_2423.JPG (1.57 MB, 51 views)
Old March 16th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Hookers under Hood

I put all the bolts in just snugged with a socket in hand. I don't know why you have such a big gap? I'm sure you test fitted before starting the process.
Something is holding it up. I used the turkey tray without the end rubber seals on mine, I test fit then had to bend the turkey tray to fit properly.
I don't know anything about the 404 Mr Gasket thou.
Have you tired to get all the bolts in cinched with just a socket from the centre outwards ?
Old March 16th, 2017, 06:47 PM
same but different

Jeff, I would continue with what you are doing. I think your intake bolts will center the intake ok. Never liked those rubber end seals.

About that torque method, I've questioned that too. I've seen it listed both ways, inside out or outside in. I'll just suggest you do it in increments. Take it in three steps until your final torque. Then...after its run in, hot cold hot cold, do it again.
Old March 16th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Hookers under Hood

I would have to agree with Don and continue, its only got one way to go and that's down, the holes only have about .03 clearance so the bolts will put it in the proper place as long as the gaskets don't slide out of position.
Old March 17th, 2017, 05:43 PM

thanks for the advice guys .i got it all back together tonight gave it fresh oil and filter .ill let it sit overnight before filling with antifreeze.torqued the manifold bolts to 25 lbs for now .did torque from the inside out.