Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1964 F-85 Holiday Coupe for sale

Old July 7th, 2013, 05:55 AM

1964 F-85 Holiday Coupe for sale

1964 F-85 Cutlass Holiday Coupe. Factory Pacific Mist with black interior. Buckets, console, factory tach, power steering, manual brakes. Car has been changed to a 350 turbo and has 3:08 gears. Great highway car. I have had it on several long distance trips and car does great. Disc brakes have been added in the front, and an aluminum radiator with dual electric fans have been added. The rest of the car is unrestored. No rust, all factory sheet metal, car has 91k original miles on it. The trunk and door jambs have the factory paint. Outside was repainted in 2005. I have the two previous owners contact info and the original owner garage kept it until 2005. I purchased it last year, and love it, but I want a 4-speed factory car. This car is too nice to change to a 4-speed. I have the protect-o-plate, window sticker, owners manulas, etc... jack and spare are in the trunk. only thing not original inside is the radio. Drivers seat bottom has a few cracks due to age, but is very presentable. I won best Golden Oldie out of 75 cars yesterday. Car is VERY presentable, but again, has NOT been restored. Nothing has been cut and except for the exhaust coming out the back, the car is basically stock. I dont have the original wheels, but they could be found online I guess. Would possibly trade on factory 4-speed Olds or $25k.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1.jpg (160.1 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by cecilsclassics; July 7th, 2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: More info...
Old July 7th, 2013, 06:15 AM

welcome to the site.
This group is going to want more details on a car for sale...
Old July 7th, 2013, 06:32 AM

I updated it for everyone
Old July 8th, 2013, 06:33 PM

youtube video I uploaded of my F-85 for sale

copy and paste for video description of the car. Thanks
Old July 8th, 2013, 06:37 PM

nice car, the music needs to go.
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Registered Luser

Very nice car! Music doesn't sound bad to me....my only suggestion would be to lose the hurst emblems on the fenders. Good luck with the sale!
Old July 8th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Administrator

I think your price expectations are a bit high. It is a nice car, but not a $25k car. Good luck with your sale.
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:20 AM

Talking

Warning, this video contains real country music, not the crap they are trying to pass as country today!!! :-) Sorry, I'm not giving this car away, but thanks for looking!!!
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
I think your price expectations are a bit high. It is a nice car, but not a $25k car. Good luck with your sale.
My thoughts exactly.
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by cecilsclassics
Warning, this video contains real country music, not the crap they are trying to pass as country today!!! :-) Sorry, I'm not giving this car away, but thanks for looking!!!
Did I spy a West Virginia Tag?
Old July 9th, 2013, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by sixtyfour
Did I spy a West Virginia Tag?

Yep, Chapmanville, about 1hr south of Charleston.
Old July 10th, 2013, 04:18 AM

Cool!, Nice looking cutlass....... good luck on sale!
Old July 10th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Banned

Nice Car but as others have stated

Originally Posted by sixtyfour
Cool!, Nice looking cutlass....... good luck on sale!
Keeping expectation in line with current market conditions is important. As others have mentioned your car is very nice, but is priced way over the market. Although I hate selling cars on ebay...it does provide a wider audience, and also gives you a little better idea of value. 60's cars have gained interest in Europe, so who knows...a low 30K original mile car never driven in rain/snow was listed on ebay several times...finally sold for 15K if I remember correctly to give you an idea.
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by JATA
Keeping expectation in line with current market conditions is important. As others have mentioned your car is very nice, but is priced way over the market. Although I hate selling cars on ebay...it does provide a wider audience, and also gives you a little better idea of value. 60's cars have gained interest in Europe, so who knows...a low 30K original mile car never driven in rain/snow was listed on ebay several times...finally sold for 15K if I remember correctly to give you an idea.
X2. Ebay's search engine allows you to check completed auctions. I do that regularly. You will find that the high dollar cars rarely sell, and the ones that do are often relisted in a couple of weeks after the buyer flakes out. Good luck, but don't expect a quick sale.
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:27 PM

Did you ever sell your car?
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by boyd_farmer00
Did you ever sell your car?
Nope, just tucked it away for the winter...thanks for looking at it...
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:57 PM
I'm indecisive. Or am I..

Originally Posted by chadman
my thoughts exactly.
x2
Old October 26th, 2013, 02:36 AM

Im confused..its not restored but its been repainted, different trans,alloys and eng mods?
is that like grand dads axe, 2 heads and 3 handles but its the same axe he bought 50 yrs ago.
Im not too sharp but here we would call it a restomod.
Only my view..
Old October 26th, 2013, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by lazy394
Im confused..its not restored but its been repainted, different trans,alloys and eng mods?
is that like grand dads axe, 2 heads and 3 handles but its the same axe he bought 50 yrs ago.
Im not too sharp but here we would call it a restomod.
Only my view..
I have watched ebay for a year, I have not seen a '64 on there that wasn't a pos, or a 4dr, or a convertible with 20" wheels, I have been to pigeon forge to both rod runs for the last 6 years, and have not seen another one... I'm sure they are out there, just don't see them... Went to Goodguys in Columbus and didn't see any... Tell me what it's worth... I have got plenty of comments on here, but not the first offer, just opinions. What is it worth???
Old October 26th, 2013, 05:24 AM

I'm thinking maybe $16K-$17K

I recently bought a similar car off eBay. Its a 65 Cutlass Hardtop with less miles (52,000 documented on title). Its all original mechanically with one partial repaint on the bottom color of the two tone. The top is still the factory paint. The seller had it listed with a "buy it now" of $15,500, but it didn't sell. I contacted him after the auction was over and offered him $12K. That car now sits in my garage. I want to make some of the same upgrades your Cutlass has (disc brakes, aluminum radiator, aftermarket wheels, etc.).

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

I love 64/65 Cutlass's, and I think your car looks great! I don't know why Oldsmobile's don't fetch more money, I guess because they are just less popular. Your best bet will probably be to attend an Olds only show where all the folks there have a liking for the brand from the get go.

Good Luck with selling your car, if you don't at least you have a beautiful car to enjoy!
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:45 AM

Here's the 4 speed car you need!

Someone just posted this on another thread called 1964 Olds 442

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...38279531069011

Last edited by rcdynamic88; October 26th, 2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: ad I tried to link to didn't work
Old October 25th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Oldsclassics

Wanted 64 Cutlass

Originally Posted by cecilsclassics
1964 F-85 Cutlass Holiday Coupe. Factory Pacific Mist with black interior. Buckets, console, factory tach, power steering, manual brakes. Car has been changed to a 350 turbo and has 3:08 gears. Great highway car. I have had it on several long distance trips and car does great. Disc brakes have been added in the front, and an aluminum radiator with dual electric fans have been added. The rest of the car is unrestored. No rust, all factory sheet metal, car has 91k original miles on it. The trunk and door jambs have the factory paint. Outside was repainted in 2005. I have the two previous owners contact info and the original owner garage kept it until 2005. I purchased it last year, and love it, but I want a 4-speed factory car. This car is too nice to change to a 4-speed. I have the protect-o-plate, window sticker, owners manulas, etc... jack and spare are in the trunk. only thing not original inside is the radio. Drivers seat bottom has a few cracks due to age, but is very presentable. I won best Golden Oldie out of 75 cars yesterday. Car is VERY presentable, but again, has NOT been restored. Nothing has been cut and except for the exhaust coming out the back, the car is basically stock. I dont have the original wheels, but they could be found online I guess. Would possibly trade on factory 4-speed Olds or $25k.
Have you still got it or sold it? Thanks