68' 442 Replacing Drivers Door Power Window Motor

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2015, 11:11 AM

68' 442 Replacing Drivers Door Power Window Motor

Going to pick up a new power window motor (Drivers Front) anything else I need while im at the shop?

Everything appears to unbolt.. Unless I'm missing something

Cant WAIT to be able to open and close this window hahaha
Old April 16th, 2015, 01:17 PM

Be careful removing the motor from the arm assembly. Depending on it's position it could be under a lot of spring PSI. Look closely i believe it needs to be removed when the arm is in full up position. Found this out the hard way
Old April 16th, 2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by 68442
Be careful removing the motor from the arm assembly. Depending on it's position it could be under a lot of spring PSI. Look closely i believe it needs to be removed when the arm is in full up position. Found this out the hard way
Thanks. Got everything installed except for 2 things. One, the spring fell out before I could see how it was sitting in the door. Now I have no idea how to put it back.

2ndly super strange that the motor isint grounded enough when it's all bolted in (without the spring). I thought I had a bad connection. Does the spring also ground the motor? Lol. Cause then I'm lost. Haha.
Old April 17th, 2015, 02:51 AM

The motor grounds with the mounting bolts and then through the door hinges via the door sheet metal. Put a GND wire from the motor to the car body or to the battery and see what happens.
Old April 17th, 2015, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Yellowstatue
The motor grounds with the mounting bolts and then through the door hinges via the door sheet metal. Put a GND wire from the motor to the car body or to the battery and see what happens.

Thanks Yellowstatue... just got back from the garage... Yeah, I found that when the car was painted they laid it on thick, ha.. Door was not grounded at all... So instead of sanding down and making contact that way, I ran a grounding wire thru the door harness.. all works fine...

Its more frustrating that I didn't check that first because 3 "seasoned" mechanics told me that the motor was definitely no good... So after the fact I went and tested the old motor and it works fine... I believe they thought the two prongs on the motor were +/- and not +/+..

Still don't think I have the spring in the regulator correctly, but it goes up and down...