The CORRECT 2nd Style 1970 Tire Pressure Decal Available From Ray Derise - CO Member

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2015, 10:49 AM

Thumbs up The CORRECT 2nd Style 1970 Tire Pressure Decal Available From Ray Derise - CO Member

As I've been doing my W-30 resto, I've been amazed at how many repro parts are close, but not correct. The maddening thing is the little details that are wrong could be easily solved if someone would take the time. An example of this is the repro tire pressure sticker I bought. My car is a Jan production so it needs the second style '70 sticker - Type "OB" At first glance it looks OK, but when I compared it to my original several things were wrong:

1) No dashes in between the 4-4-2 at the top
2) No parenthesis around the "455 V-8 Engine" and Engine should have only the first letter capitalized
3) Font too fat on the tire pressure numbers
4) font too small on "PSI Cold"
5) "VEHICLE CAPACITY" too far right
6) "OB" spacing too narrow
7) Fonts in general too heavy or thick on the smaller letters.

Recently, Ray had to make a correct early style tire pressure sticker for his car (Nov 69 build) himself since no one reproduces it at all. It came out looking so nice I asked him if he would consider making the later style sticker. He gladly said yes - and the results speak for themselves in the pictures below. One is a comparison of the Dr. Decal sticker to Ray's reproduction, and the other is a pic of my original sticker. If you are doing a Dec 69 and later 70 and want to get it right - contact Ray - his CO handle is ndedrise.

And no I am not getting commission on this - I just thought the work was that good and everyone should know about it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2015-03-12 12.52.03.jpg (55.0 KB, 196 views)
20150105_163024.jpg (72.6 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by costpenn; March 12th, 2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old March 13th, 2015, 12:08 PM

thanks joe

thanks for your kind words of approval Joe. if anyone needs these tags for 1970 are another one made please P M me and I will see what I can do for u.
thanks ray

Last edited by NDERISE; March 13th, 2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old January 15th, 2016, 07:55 PM

ttt

ttt newly and professionally printed
Attached Images
eng to frame 007.JPG (2.28 MB, 116 views)
Old January 16th, 2016, 04:04 AM

Top notch work Ray, another notch up! I too bought one and am very pleased with the outcome, and will purchase again if I the need arises.

Brett
Old February 9th, 2016, 07:02 AM

I have just received the ones I bought from Ray and am very satisfied with them. They look great! I can hardly wait to get them on my cars.

Randy
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:42 AM

Try

Ttt
Old November 14th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Old(s) Fart

I realize this is an old thread, but since you resurrected it, I have to point out a few things. Not to be an @$$ (well, no more than normal), but the new decal, while better, still doesn't match the original. The font used in the top row has the wrong aspect ratio. The "2" and "6" in 26 are different from original. The font in "TIRE PRESSURES" isn't quite right either. The "407884" in the bottom left is in the wrong position and also not quite the right font. The "O" in the red "(OB)" doesn't quite have the correct shape, either. The "1"s are all incorrect also, as they don't have the serif on the bottom.

I realize this is difficult to do when trying to match up current fonts with those old ones, but it's still only close, not exactly correct.

Old November 14th, 2016, 02:31 PM

If there is a better one out there I suggest it be bought this is not a photo copy of the original but a time consuming recreation on a computer program that a friend asked me to reproduce for him. My I suggest that u take the time to pick apart the dr decal version as u did mine, in all fairness to me. I have had nothing but good reply's on the tags and have the only early 70 ones to be found.

Last edited by NDERISE; November 14th, 2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old November 14th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by NDERISE
If there is a better one out there I suggest it be bought this is not a photo copy of the original but a time consuming recreation on a computer program that a friend asked me to reproduce for him. My I suggest that u take the time to pick apart the dr decal version as u did mine, in all fairness to me. I have had nothing but good reply's on the tags and have the only early 70 ones to be found.
As I pointed out in my previous post, this repro is clearly better than the other one. Unfortunately, it still isn't quite correct. As I also pointed out above, I understand the difficulties in working with modern fonts vs. old ones. Unfortunately, the original post in this thread made the statement:

The maddening thing is the little details that are wrong could be easily solved if someone would take the time.
Old November 14th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Shoveling Snow

I could tear it apart further but that would be rude and unproductive. I applaud just about anyone that gives it the old college try. Newer programs are a little difficult to get the spacing correct and font differences will change spacing I know this all too well. Even creating font by hand in the program is a real bitch to make everything line up.
Old November 15th, 2016, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hairy Olds
I could tear it apart further but that would be rude and unproductive. I applaud just about anyone that gives it the old college try. Newer programs are a little difficult to get the spacing correct and font differences will change spacing I know this all too well. Even creating font by hand in the program is a real bitch to make everything line up.
U r so correct
I was well aware for all he pointed out and more as u said
Old February 13th, 2020, 07:32 PM

ttt
Old February 14th, 2020, 04:06 AM

PM sent