paint scheme ideas

Old May 3rd, 2008, 04:59 AM

paint scheme ideas

I am looking for a few paint scheme ideas for my 67 Cutlass. Rigt now its light blue with a white top. Mot to sure about strips on hood or trunk, thinking two tone maybe. If you have any pics of great paint jobs please send them or just ideas.
Thanks
Dave
Old May 3rd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Past Administrator

Two tone or even mono tone would be better than stripes in my opinion. Silver over a light blue would be nice if it is a hardtop.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:39 PM

Yeah, its a hard top.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM

I'm kinda in the same boat. I picked up a second 67' Cutlass Supreme. I usually like to stay with the factory colors. But this one was Champagne, a light gold color, with a white vinyl top and black interior. The other one was Antique Pewter (med. gray) w/ black top & interior. I was going to use a late model Chevy truck metallic gray on it. Maybe with some black accents. (????) Oddly, both had been repainted blue. And the second one had a coat of rattle can black primer over it.

Anyway, have you checked the paint code on the car? It might be a nice color.

Reds look good on the 67's. As do maroons, I saw a maroon w/ silver top one on ebay recently. The silver covered the top down to the side body line rather than a vinyl top look. It looked pretty good.

To be honest though I'm leaning towards a blue, maybe 69' Trophy Blue. Maybe blue & silver or dark gray.

Picking a color is hard. That's why I like to stay close to factory original, it's just easier!

Don
Old May 4th, 2008, 06:46 AM

Might be a bit too wild but I saw this car at carlisle last weekend and it looked amazing...and I'm not really that fond about 2 tone cars...but I agree. 2 tone over stripes.

Old May 5th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Past Administrator

I was thinking silver on top of a lighter blue and the de-markation line would have been the tops of the fenders instead of four inches lower like that one. Although the Olds has a crisper line at the tops of the fenders too so it would look better there.
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:27 AM

WOW, I do like that color scheme, I had been thinking the darker color on the bottom but this one makes me think otherwise. Thanks for the ideas guys!
Dave
Old May 15th, 2008, 09:14 PM
delete

Originally Posted by Rallye469
Might be a bit too wild but I saw this car at carlisle last weekend and it looked amazing...and I'm not really that fond about 2 tone cars...but I agree. 2 tone over stripes.

They just featured this GTO on My Classic Car. It is a beauty.