The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

96 Cutlass Supreme driver's seat?

Old September 17th, 2010, 02:36 AM

Exclamation 96 Cutlass Supreme driver's seat?

Hello friends!

I know, I know. How can a '96 Olds be considered a classic? Well, in my opinion, all Oldsmobiles became classics when GM stupidly decided to discontinue making the line! They should have picked on Buick instead!

Seriously though, I can't believe it is already so hard to locate parts for the 1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme coupe! My Cutlass needs a replacement driver seat (power seat), and my local interior body shop has had no luck whatsoever in locating one so far. Either they're not trying very hard, or a replacement seat is THAT hard to find already!

Can anyone possibly help me with some SOLID resources? My car is in great shape otherwise, but is currently nearly undriveable without a replacement seat.

Any reliable help will be appreciated! I have tried the internet, searched for hours, but no luck so far. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places?

Please help. Many thanks in advance!
Old September 17th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Registered

Welcome to here.

Extinction makes you a classic by default.
This site is for any type Oldsmobile, all the way up to the last one made.

I take it you need a power driver's side bucket seat.
Your location would help if anybody has one or knows of any around in boneyards. The other years that may interchange, color, type material...if it matters.
I did a quick Craiglook search and there are a few listings for comparison, looks like maybe they're the same back to '93?

http://albany.craigslist.org/pts/1896028464.html
http://dayton.craigslist.org/pts/1911454785.html
http://omaha.craigslist.org/pts/1951000924.html

http://craiglook.com/

Last edited by Bluevista; September 17th, 2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old September 17th, 2010, 04:35 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

I see Blue has got cha going in the right direction.
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. I hope you can find your seat. And...............all Oldsmobile cars are Classic!
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM

Hi welcome to the site. Have you tried a salvage yard. I have had good luck in a you pull it type yard with these kind of items.
Old September 18th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by roguejeff
My Cutlass needs a replacement driver seat (power seat), and my local interior body shop has had no luck whatsoever in locating one so far. Either they're not trying very hard, or a replacement seat is THAT hard to find already!
Do you need a seat or the power seat tracks? In any case, the 198-1997 FWD Supremes are all donor cars, as are the comparable Regal/Century, Grand Prix, and Monte Carlo. Upholstery patterns will obviously change from year to year and from one car line to the other. The power mechanisms should interchange, however there are likely to be variations (2way, 4way, etc). A wrecking yard is your only option.
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:35 AM

Welcome to CO, and yes, all Oldsmobile's are classics, of course! We have a friend that has two of the '95 Cutlass convertibles, and parts are nigh on to impossible to find for them. Joe P is right, the only place will be the recyclers (we used to call them junk yards, of course! - LOL!). Good luck!!!!