Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 Olds F85 W31 4 speed (one of 207) FOR SALE

Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:44 AM

1970 Olds F85 W31 4 speed (one of 207) FOR SALE

1970 F85 W31 four speed, needs restoration, 70,000 mile body, ex-race car, solid frame, hood, fenders, doors, trunk lid, trunk floor, roof, rear floor pans, pass side front floor pan. Driver's floor pan has a few pin holes and the dr's side of the trans tunnel was cut out likely for a Hurst Super Shifter in the car's past. There is some rust around rear wheelwells. Car was disassembled, bagged and tagged for restoration, but other priorities are more pressing. The original powertrain was destroyed along the way at the track. The car has a slightly newer block and is completely rebuilt, with #6 heads, correct aluminum intake, correct distributor, built to 325 HP specs. It doesn't have the correct carb and balancer. The four speed was an M21 and is now a Super T10 from a 1975 455 Trans Am. The car has a 1970 12 bolt BOP differential, but not the original 3:91 gears or limited slip. Original GM of Canada verification that the car is legit and came with the tach/gauge pac and four spoke sport steering wheel, which are still with it.

The engine is bagged and sitting on an engine stand with a wooden base ready to be dropped in the car, once the frame is painted.

The car was repainted back in the early 80's and the white stripes were left off. It is Astro blue with a blue bench seat interior. The seats and dash pad are in very nice condition, and the rear side panels are as well. The front door panels are decent. There is a BN repro carpet with the car, the original rubber mat is gone. Original headliner appears to be in decent condition as well.

The car will need a new w/shield, the original AM radio is MIA, but no evidence of an aftermarket stereo being there.

Car is sitting on real good rubber (old newer front tires and BFG T/A's on the rear with no cracks), mounted on slotted aluminum wheels which were added to the car as a day one upgrade. The original 14" ralley wheels are MIA.

I have over 100 pictures on the Photobucket site.

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/t...1%204%20Speed/

This is an easy restoration body wise as the car has been sitting inside storage for many years and is overall very solid.

Price $9500, and will consider a 91, 92, 93 Chevrolet SS454 pickup if it's "real clean" and not a clone as a trade.

PM me or call 204-832-2800 and ask for Barry. Car is located in Winnipeg, MB.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited by mono-plane; July 22nd, 2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM

looks like a great car for someone to do themselves. Wish I had the cash would make a great stable mate to my car.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by stevengerard
looks like a great car for someone to do themselves. Wish I had the cash would make a great stable mate to my car.
Thanks, it is a great piece of Olds history!
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:09 PM
Banned

i was wonderring how long it would take for you to put this up for sale.

good luck
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mono-plane

This is an easy restoration body wise as the car has been sitting inside storage for many years and is overall very solid.
easy now,mono plane

just from the pics,6-8k minimum to get that car prepped & painted by a pro

pm stickw31,he would be interested in this car.

he's at the OCA thing right now,but he will get back to you
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by agtw31
easy now,mono plane

just from the pics,6-8k minimum to get that car prepped & painted by a pro

pm stickw31,he would be interested in this car.

he's at the OCA thing right now,but he will get back to you
Thanks for the lead, I will contact stickw31.

Having been in the car hobby for 40 years, and restored a few vehicles, IMHO this is a very solid car. You are right if you can't do any of the work yourself, then yes, it's expensive to have body and paint work done, especially if you are fixing a real rusty car, which this isn't. Most of us in the hobby have connections and can exchange our labor for someone else's labor who can do the things we can't do. It's pretty easy to strip the paint off the car and do some of the basic stuff even if you have little experience, don't you think? I appreciate your helpfulness. Cheers,
Barry
Old July 28th, 2010, 01:11 PM

PM sent, thanks badd andy
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by StickW31
PM sent, thanks badd andy
Never received?