Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1966 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight LS

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2010, 07:23 AM

1966 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight LS

It is time for me to sell my '66 98 LS. It is a 4-door sedan in Ocean Mist teal with a teal interior. I have owned the car for over 8 years and drove it almost every day for 5 years including many trips from Dallas, TX to central Kansas. Over the past few years though, it has rarely been driven but has been stored indoors. The last time I drove it, it had an oil leak from the rear of the intake manifold that got progressively worse at speed so I bought a new intake manifold gasket but have not installed it. It has a 425 with an Edelbrock intake and carburetor, but I still have the originals. The car has about 160,000 miles and the engine and transmission were rebuilt 40,000 miles ago. It is an original Texas car sold new at Jim Allee Olds in Dallas on August, 31 1966. I am the third owner. The only rust I have ever found is in the lower corners of the rear window. The car has A/C which was operational the last time I drove it, but it needs a recharge because it got cool, but not really cold. I rebuilt the front suspension with new ball joints, control arm bushings, and all four shocks 7 years ago. It has new rear coil springs but needs new spring insulators. It needs a paint job and some body work which I was in the process of starting. Currently, it has nearly all of the exterior trim removed. The chrome and stainless on the car is very nice except for the rear bumper. The interior is in excellent shape besides a couple cracks in the dash and a couple splits in the rear seat. The front seat was reupholstered 7 years ago with correct material from SMS. I have reciepts for all of the work that I have done to the car since I have owned it. I have no place to keep or work on this car anymore and would like to see it go to someone who can give it the work it deserves. The car is in storage in McPherson, Kansas which is about 60 miles north of Wichita. I am asking $1000 for it. Call Tim Bender at 972-822-1458 or email louiethespelunker@yahoo.com for more information. Thanks.

Last edited by bender; February 8th, 2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Land Yacht Captain

Any pics?
Old February 8th, 2010, 12:22 PM

If anyone is really interested, I could possibly go check it out and give another opinion. I live about an hour away, but enjoy checking out old cars.
Old February 8th, 2010, 02:59 PM

Hello,

After thinking about this I've decided it is going to be too much trouble to sell this car because the car is located in Kansas and I live in Texas now. I left the car in storage there when I moved six months ago because I had no where to keep it down here. I had hoped to go get it once I had a place to work on it but I don't think I'll be able to get to fixing it anytime soon. Upon looking I realized I don't even have any current pictures of the car and the most recent ones of the car look way better than it does now. I may get up to Kansas and fix the intake oil leak and drive the car back to Texas and repost it for sale then. Sorry for the false alarm.

Tim Bender